Allergy Community
moon faced

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

moon faced

tnx for the info about moon faced. i was diagnosed of hAVING dermatomyositis. my doctor gave me prednisone. i am using it for almost 5mos now. i am in the process of tappering and tnx GOD but i observed that i have developed a moon faced. i dont like to see my facein front of the mirror i coloudnt wait to stop taking steroids....
argh do you mean you started swelling from the steroids?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Systemic steroids like prednisone work in the same way as natural cortisol and as a side effect can cause a moon face. Redistribution of body fat results in moon face. But, once you are tapered of steroids, this symptom should resolve.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Yes definitely keep us posted I am sure a lot of other members have had the same issue.
Thanks for your post. The dr was right I ended up in emergency last night after multiple asthma attacks and they ended up giving me prednisone. I woke up this morning with a swollen face and was really concerned until I read this. Thanks