Allergy Community
moon faced
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

moon faced

tnx for the info about moon faced. i was diagnosed of hAVING dermatomyositis. my doctor gave me prednisone. i am using it for almost 5mos now. i am in the process of tappering and tnx GOD but i observed that i have developed a moon faced. i dont like to see my facein front of the mirror i coloudnt wait to stop taking steroids....
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1666434_tn?1325265950
argh do you mean you started swelling from the steroids?
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Systemic steroids like prednisone work in the same way as natural cortisol and as a side effect can cause a moon face. Redistribution of body fat results in moon face. But, once you are tapered of steroids, this symptom should resolve.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
1666434_tn?1325265950
Yes definitely keep us posted I am sure a lot of other members have had the same issue.
Blank
Thanks for your post. The dr was right I ended up in emergency last night after multiple asthma attacks and they ended up giving me prednisone. I woke up this morning with a swollen face and was really concerned until I read this. Thanks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...