Allergy Community
my sinuses are killing me!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

my sinuses are killing me!

I've had allergies for as long as i can remember but this sinus pressure i've had lately is killing me. IT seems to affect all sinuses--forehead, cheeks, back of my head, and behind my ears. I don't have much nasal drainage but it's clear and postnasal drainage is my norm. I take claritin in the am, sudaphed during the day, and benadryl at bedtime. I think I have tried all allergy meds available and none work any better than claritin. My teeth hurt and I often get headaches. Saline sprays are too uncomfortable. I have felt run down for the last week. I thought about making a dr appt but don't want to waste the $ to be told it's allergies. Any ideas what else to try? Ice behind my ears sometimes helps, heat makes it worse.
Hi, the common cause for sinusitis is Deviated nasal septum (DNS). This condition leads to obstruction. This can lead to sinus infection, ear infection and headaches.

Other possibilities are laryngeal web, asthma, any structural abnormalities in the nasal passage such as nasal polyps, hypertrophied turbinates etc.

You need to undergo detailed examination of nose and radiography of the sinuses to rule out existing sinusitis.

The septoplasty or rhinoplasty for deviated nasal septum (DNS) will help you to relieve your symptoms. If sinusitis cannot be managed with medication; surgical drainage would be definitive therapy. I suggest you to consult ENT surgeon for further management. Take care and regards.