Allergy Community
oxymetazoline for a sore throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

oxymetazoline for a sore throat

my doctor prescribed oxymetazoline for my sore throat . he said i have sinus congestion but i am breathing through my nose with no problem. he said to use the nasal spray and continue taking sudafed to dry up my sinuses. i am not a doctor but it seems weird i did nnot get a antibiotic to cure my sore throat or wwil the nasal spray do it
There isn't an antibiotic for sore throat.  He is giving you nasal spray to clear your sinus because they drain down your throat and cause irritation.  
i went to a different doctor today and was prescribed amoxcillin. yesterdays doctor was a waste of time. todays doctor was stunned that i did not get antibiotics yesterday, thanks for the help.