pain in cheeks, mucous behind the nose
Hi, I am Mohit.
I have pain in cheeks from past 2 years and my mouth gets filled with mucous every now and then that originates from the back of my nose. I have been suffering from sinusitis but the cheek pain is unexplainable as sinus does not cause such severe pain. My CT scan report suggests bilateral "ethmoid and left maxillary chronic sinusitis with deviated nasal spectrum". I have taken treatment from best of the ENT specialists but found no relief. Medicines don't show any effect.On the contrary they have brought a lot of anxiety and my memory is getting weak. Kindly suggest if there is any way to get rid of this constant pain (Is there any surgical option).
Thanks for writing to the forum!
I am sorry you are suffering so much. Maxillary sinusitis does cause cheek pain. Ethmoid sinusitis causes nose pain. Deviated nasal septum can be surgically corrected and will reduce your symptoms.Steam inhalation before bed time, raising the head end of bed, drinking plenty of hot fluids and doing deep breathing exercises too will help.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult your ENT about surgery of DNS and surgical drainage of sinuses. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Have you tried a Nettie Pot?