Allergy Community
painful burning rash on back of neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

painful burning rash on back of neck

I came out of shower and got burning rash on back of neck still present 24 hours later very sore and red- like weals have had an outbreak of Urticaria in past which lasted some months on chest and sides of trunk. Water touching it is unbearable- in  alot of pain- please help
You should go see a dermatologist.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? Did the rash appear after shower or it was already present? This could be due to a variety of conditions and it is important that direct clinical examination  is done. It could also be due to shingles, which is a painful, blistering skin rash due to the chicken pox virus. This usually occurs in one dermatome only. Analgesic medications may help relieve the pain. But it is best that you have this checked by your doctor or be referred to a specialist for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hello Rowena- thank you for your concern- it appeared during taking a shower- it was burning when water touched it- same thing happened today when I had a shower. Its just there currently on base of back of neck. Its reddened- I took antihistimes with I think is it Ceritine to help take pain away- I have a feeling its this Urticaria rash that keeps blighting my life.I was referred to a dermatologist who said I had excezma from pics i showed him- I do have this on my scalp . but when I had a severe outbreak of this rash on my trunk I went to doc immediately and it was then they agreed it wasnt excezma but urticaria. I wondered if water can cause an attack of it.would appreciate any theories. Cheers