Allergy Community
rash from Warners "This Is Not a Bra" bra

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Just learned about the formaldehyde in Victoria Secret bras when I went online to try to figure out why I have this red, burning rash under and around my bra. It's all over my torso and arms.  I recently bought the Warners "This Is Not a Bra" underwire bra.  This reaction didn't happen right away, but maybe the fabric starts to break down with wear and washing, and releases the formaldehyde (or other hideous chemicals).  Anyone else having this reaction?
Tags: rash, Is, bra, red, reaction, burning, arms, Warners, This Is Not A Bra, underwire bra
I was reading down the list on this Allergy Community to see if there were any posts on sinus problems when I noticed you had what looked to be a duplicate post - I am very active on another community but rarely on this one.

So, in spite of the fact I'm a guy and have zero experience with your question I will note I recall without detail something in the "news" about Victoria Secrets and a problem, perhaps, such as you suspect.  Seem reasonable to take action, such as returning to a product used in the past you know didn't cause the current problem.

Now the only real help I have, is you may want to correct your "profile" to show female rather than male.

Good luck and best in this new year, 2013.
I've had a Warners bra for a year or two and just recently it started making my breasts itch and break out in rash. I'm thinking the same as you. Maybe they break down over time. I didn't know it contained formaldehyde.Yuk!!!!
Karena
I've had a rash problem with my Warner's bras, too!  Thank you for posting!
Regina
I bought a new bra, Warner's Elements of Bliss, wireless, washed it and the day after I wore it I started with a few "bites" which then went to a rash that itched constantly for 10 days.  The rash is very much like poison ivy.  I thought it might be the bra and that maybe I didn't wash it well,  so I washed and dried it hot.  I just started with another rash after wearing the bra a second time.  It definitely was the bra causing the rash.  Now out to buy some more Benedryl.