reaction to bananas
A couple of years ago I was eating some bananas and the next day I experienced diarrhea, which lasted for a couple of days and then went away.  This was the only reaction I noticed.  A year later I ate some banana bread to see if I would respond the same and again I experienced diarrhea the next day with it lasting for a couple of days.  I am puzzled as to why this happens.  I used to eat bananas quite frequently and in fact it was not that long of a time span between when I could eat bananas and when they gave me diarrhea.  I am not allergic to anything else that I am aware of, I have never had a problem with latex, ragweed, or other fruits like melons, kiwis, and mangos.  I am cuirious if this reaction is from a pesticide or some additive sprayed on the bananas or if it is from the banana itself.  I have recently tried eating a red banana to see if I would develop the same reactions.  It has been a little over a day and a half now and no diarrhea yet.  If I don't react to red bananas then I am going to try eating organic bananas since they should be free of pesticides and additives, and I will be able to see if the diarrhea is caused by the banana itself or something else.  Please help me out by providing me with any information as to why I would develop diarrhea around a day after eating yellow bananas.  Thank you.

You could also consult an allergy specialist and get yourself tested for food allergies.

Nothing can be said with surety without a proper clinical examination and certain investigations.

Have you had allergic reactions in the family?

Let us know what your doctor advises.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.