Allergy Community
red hot and lots of pain PLEASE HELP!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

red hot and lots of pain PLEASE HELP!!!

I'm a 25 year old male and my problem is my ears will turn red and get super hot then in a few moments it goes to my face and neck soon after it will go to my back arms chest legs the redness goes away in about an hour but the pain lingers feeling like a bad sunburn i went to the E.R. and all they said is they don't know and i should take benadryl  i've been doing that and it's not working the redness happens more often now and the pain stays longer and is getting worse i need some help please anybody
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The burning sensation could be due to an entity called Small fiber sensory neuropathy (SFSN). It is a disorder in which only the small sensory cutaneous nerves are affected. This is more common in diabetics. But sometimes no etiology is detected for this disorder.  Other causes like vitamin deficiencies, alcohol consumption and certain medications can cause neuropathy. Sometimes anxiety can also cause these sensations. The sensations may need proper evaluation by your GP, please consult him for a neurological assessment. He may ask for blood tests to rule out diabetes and vitamin deficiencies.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.