Allergy Community
red hot blotchy skin turning into hives
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

red hot blotchy skin turning into hives

I have had a problem with my skin for about the past 8 months. A rash that wont go away regardless of soap, detergent, foods, anything. I have tried cutting foods out of my diet such as peanut butter, milk, and wheat. The rash begins as a patch of skin that becomes very hot to touch and bright red, if i begin to scratch or itch the skin it will then either form small bumps, or else it will completely hive up into anything that i scratch into it, ex. if i scratch an A into my skin in about 3 minutes the skin will rise up and hive into the letter.  If i dont scratch the skin while it is red/hot it will remain very itchy for about 10 minutes then completely go away.  When i get out of the shower, the rash is noticeable on my neck, ears, upper chest, shoulders, and arms usually and starts just as red itchy skin and then will either go away or progress to hives if i touch it.  I do now know if it is an allergy to something or a symptom of something much more severe....please help with any ideas of what to do....