salicylate sensitivity
today i went into the hopsital to a reaction from eating broccoli, i have never had a reaction like that before. i have had my toung tingle but that it. today was way worse. Anyways since that i was looking up causes etc and i came across salicylate sensitivity, i could not belive how many things where true for myself, it felt like they looked at me and made a web site about all my allergies etc. I came across one of the the symptoms of Salicylate Sensitivity / Salicylate Intolerance, it lists •Menstrual problems
.... but no where can i find examples or what the problems are. I have had menstrual problems as long as i have had allergies, so a very long time. i am wondering if some of my issues are from salicylate sensitivity.
So my question is what are the menstrual problems are linked or related to salicylate sensitivity??
Hi, and welcome to the community.

Some forms of salicylate sensitivity result in increased inflamaion.  Salicylate sensitivity can manifest and severe respiratory issues like  sinusitis and asthma, ulcerative cholitis, and severe hives.  This inflamationcould be the cause of your symptoms.  

Brocolli is on the list of foods to avoid if you are salicylate sensitive.  Other foods include apples, spinach, mushrroms, grapes, plums...  My research showed that just about every fruit and vegetable was on the list.  Some are higher than others, but it is impossible to eat a healthful diet and avoid all salicylates.  You will have to identify your triggers.  

You may want to see an alergist for "aspirin desensitization."  I have Aspirin Exacerbated Respiratory Desease (AERD).  Untreated, I had very severe asthma which had me on prednesone every 4 - 6 weeks.  Since treatment about 6 months ago, I have had only one minor asthma flare, maybe two (currently a bit wheezy with allergies).  It has been life changing.

God bless.