Allergy Community
seman allergy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

seman allergy

Seconds after i have sex with my husband I experience a allergic reaction , My noise gets stuffy, my troat feels like it is closing, my eyes swell up and almost close, my face swells up,   I experience breathing problems. Where can I get help in tmy area from someone who understands this kind of reaction. I take benerdrill right away if I feel this coming on. It does not always happen but most times it does. There is no dought I am having a reaction. The swelling takes several days to go down. Can you direct me where I may get help.    
Semen allergy is a relatively rare allergic reaction where women experience symptoms including vaginal itching, burning and swelling in the genital area after unprotected intercourse. In severe cases of semen allergy, hives or swelling may appear elsewhere on the body and the woman may experience difficulty breathing. The allergy may be to proteins in semen or, less commonly, it women may be reacting to other allergic substances transmitted in semen, including the medications vinblastine, penicillin and thioridazine and some food and beverages, including walnuts and Coca-Cola.
The easiest way to deal with a semen allergy is to use condoms. In fact condom use is the prime method of diagnosing semen allergy. If irritation goes away with condom use, semen allergy is considered a likely cause.
There are other treatments available for semen allergy which all work by desensitizing the person with the semen allergy to the semen.
One method, called Intravaginal Seminal Graded Challenge (ISGC), involved inserting samples of semen into the vagina beginning with very diluted samples and gradually building up. The technique is performed over the period of a few hours, introducing new semen every 20 minutes. It is advised that couples engage in regular sexual intercourse to maintain the desensitization.
ref: http://sexuality.about.com/od/femalesexualhealth/a/semen_allergy.htm
You need to get in touch with an allergist who will be able to help you.You could ask your pcp/local doctor to help you get in touch with one.

Do you know of an Allergy specialst in FL. that deals with this kind of problem. I went to one allergest that did not believe this was my problem. But it it real.
My boyfriend wants me to be able to swallow his ejaculate. When I have in the past I experienced stomach cramps and violent vomiting. Is this a physical or psychological reaction?