Allergy Community
sensation of hair in my mouth, throat and on my face

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I have been having the sensation that I have hair in my mouth, throat and on my face. I have also had periodic itching sensations on my skin everywhere.  Every couple of minutes or so I feel like I walked through a spider web.  I also feel like I have random hair in my mouth.  This all started after having a dog in our house for 12 hours.  I went to the dr and he tested me for allergies and found that I am not allergic to dogs and that I am only mildly allergic to dust mites and pollen.  The dog was only in our house for about 24 hours and my symptoms have not gone away.  Has anyone had this or heard of it?  My dr put me on allergy meds but they aren't working, just making me tired.
Update:  symptoms are getting better but are not gone.  Mostly my nose itches and I still have a sensation of hair in my throat and mouth when I am in dusty areas.  I went over my friend
Hi jlsc5216, I recenly returned from a visit to The Villages Community in Florida. My Mother is experiencing the same sensations of hair in her mouth, on her face or walking thru a spiderweb. She also was treated for allergies but has no pets. If you have any info since your last post on 10/26/06 I would greatly appreciate your response. Thank You!
I have been trying to do some research and my post came up in my search.  MES5114, I just read your post.  I have search all over the internet and it seems like me and your mother are the only ones with similar allergic reactions to dogs!  

It’s has been over a year since my experience and I have done a lot of research about what kind of dogs I might not be allergic to.  I found that Labradoodles would probably be a good match for my allergies.  My wife and I decided to purchase a puppy and see what happens.  I did my research on breeders and visited two breeders before selecting a puppy.  The breeder we purchased the puppy from knew I was allergic and agreed to let me return the puppy for a full refund if I was allergic.  It only took about 30 minutes of having the puppy in my car before I started getting the same symptoms.  We thought the symptoms could be from other dogs, etc that were at the breeders so we decided to give the puppy a bath once we returned home.  We bathed the puppy but the symptoms still existed.  I thought it might take some time for the symptoms to subside so I waited.  The symptoms got worse over the night and in the morning I was miserable.  I knew what I had to do so I called the breeder and let her know I had to bring the puppy back.  We drove 1 ½ hours back to the breeder to return the puppy .  When we returned home we clean and vacuumed the house. The symptoms last a couple more days but immediately decreased once the dog was out of the house.

The symptoms I had included; the feeling of hair on my face (like I walked through a spider web), feeling of hair in my mouth, itching all over my body, and at night I felt like I had a tightness in my chest.
What part of the country are you living in?

I have simular issues?
I live in Maryland.
I live in Louisiana, and have never had an allergy to anything. No sensative skin, nothing. About 2 to 3 months ago, I began itching on my head, then  my face, then upper, and lower body. I went to the Dr. and was told i had dermatitis. Then it got worse and a rash appeared. I went back to the dr. pleading for him to do a skin scraping and look under the micro, but he wouldn't. I could feel the crawling in my ears, nose and throat but found nothing but black specs and white dandruff-like dust, but none of them moved. I treated for scabies, even though i did not have the tunneling. Then it went away. About two weeks later, it started all over again, only this time i had a weird electrical sensation moving about my body. i would look real hard, but could only see a blur. Then it started stinging me. I tried to grab it to make sure i wasn't losing it, and it was like a strand of spider web. Even stranger, when i used anything electric i could feel a buzzing sensation through my body and could see the blur by the plug.  The craziest thing, and the reason i know i'm not seeing things, is when i vaccumed my rug it felt like it got tangled on a loose threadbut when i pulled back there was only the web and it put such a strain on my poor Dyson, that the motor started to hesitate. Also i felt like the web was in the center of my bodypulling and stinging, so i cut it off. Anyway, i've been searching trying to find some mutant spider, or something to explain this. OH, and i beleive the eggs or roots of this thing are in my scalp, cause when i blow dry my hair i get resistance like the cord is hung up, but it isnt!!
wow!  I cannot believe I found this.  I have the exact same thing!  I have done things such as treat the house for dust mites, which is always a great idea.  I got some great relief and did a great cleaning job but the itching feeling came back.  And it is the exact same thing - as if I am walking through or a spider web is draping around me.  I think it is something fungus related.  When I use anti-fungals they seem to help - but it is not always and the last few days I have been going crazy with the itching again.  I find that when I am outside moving around it tends to calm down or eventually cease (albeit temporarily).  Last night after I showered I blow dried my hair and my neck, and that helped.  I did it again today and it helped (somewhat).  I'm joining this forum to keep updated on this stuff.
The same thing is happening to my husband and I do not know how to help him.  Did you find anything out, what is it? is it an allergic reaction to something?
I have never been able to isolate what is causing my symptoms.  They still come and go and must be caused by some kind of allergen.  My symptoms very by season and by location.  I had new carpet installed in our house a few months ago and thought I was going to die from the itching and weird sensations on my face and in my mouth.  My mother has a dog and I visited her over the holidays.  I immediately had my symptoms once I laid down to sleep at night.  My brother has a dog and when I go to his house I have no issues.  Since my first post I have purchased a allergy covers for my mattress and pillows.  I am not sure if this has helped but this might explain why I was fine at my mothers house until I laid down to sleep.  As far as I know she doesn't have allergy covers on the bed and pillows I was sleeping on.  I don't take any allergy meds as I feel they don't do anything for me.  I wish I had an answer!  
i had a hair cut, came home instead of taking bath i slept. while sleeping on my belly i inhale some of my own hair on the pillow, i woke up drank water, ate orange its i had coffee cake meal in the after noon, seems nothing is helping i am afraid n still feel hairs stick to the back of my throat!! Weird!! Plz HELP!
Oh lord... black specks, spider web-like stuff. I've had all this and more, since summer of 2006. Do some research on Morgellons. I don't know what the answer is, nor the cause, but I do know there's something to it. Too many people have weird stuff like this going on.

Gut instinct tells me fungal, but there is some electro-magnetic component no doubt. For me, intense brain fog (I call it walking thru jello) just prior to major thunder storm. The instant the deluge starts, my brain "switches on" and I feel myself again. It is literally like someone flipping a switch. (Also, those black specs emerge from itchy areas of my skin at this time.)

Anybody else feel like a freaking magnet for floating dust, hair (sometimes my own!) and, dare I say, various flying insects? Like they follow me from room to room and don't love the rest of my family! They even seem to enjoy dive bombing my when I'm saturated with DEET repellant. Go figure!!!
My husband and I are both experiencing some realy bad hair sensations in the back of our throat especially at night. we have two cats and this hairlike symptom in the back of our throat is about to drive us nuts. Do you all know what it is yet?
sincerely, hairycouple
I wish I could describe the feeling finding this forum.  I am tired of being looked at like a nut by anyone I have ever mentioned this to including members of my family within the medical community.  I have no idea what it is but I relate to being a magnet to any kind of dust or hair or web or whatever the heck it is.  In my opinion though I feel like, just like depending on the side of the magnet, that I attract or repel this "thing."  I kept trying to coincidence out of being the focus of any and every kind of flying insect but I guess it is true.  What I have learned though is that you can use a paper towel or any other absorbant material to get this fiber or hair or web or whatever, off of your body.  Simply wet the towel ro sponger or whatever you use and start applying it to whatever part of the body you feel it most and start tapping that area using an up and down motion.  Lift it 4-6 inches and tap it back to the same spot and lift again.  Repeat as much as necessary or as much as you want.  You will know when you are being productive simply from the reaction of your extracting tool.  Sometimes you get alot and sometimes you get more.  All I know is that I have been doing this for weeks and I still feel these sensations daily.  I do reccomend disposing of the towels or sponges immediately after they are unable to absorb anymore of this stuff.  Trust me, you will know when you are getting to the threshold.  I mean take the trash to the dumpster or better yet the dump, don't just toss it in the waste basket because it will only stay in the paper towel while it is wet and until it finds a better host or goes away or joins American Idol or whatever it does.  If not, the towel will dry and that thing will find a more desirable location which preferrably is somewhere other than on your person.  I am eager to hear any kind of news or remedies or anything anyone can share.  I'm just thankful I don't feel like I must be losing my mind.

Maresjam
I first experienced this in the Indian Wells Valley, California in the early nineties and roughly associated it with the Angeles Crest forest burning. I have since experienced it a lot in the Kansas City area.  I am reasonably sure that it is a sub micron fiber.  I think it may be made by very small spiders.  I had not experienced anything like this prior to the early nineties and moving to the Mojave Desert. The fibers cause a pricking feeling in the nose when inhaled and protracted sneezing.  If one looks directly at the sun while blocking out the disc, the particles may be seen in forward scattering.  This effect is suspiciously absent from the literature.  The feeling also seems to come with a south wind.  
Hi, welcome you all to the forum, this feeling of lump or something there in the throat is known as Globus sensation. This is mainly seen in gastro esophageal reflex disease or hyperplastic tonsil.

You should stop taking spicy food, vinegar, alcohol, cigarette smoking if present.
A 24hrs gastric pH and urease breath test with upper GI endoscopy will help to substantiate diagnosis.

Antacids and proton pump inhibitors will reduce the acidity for which consult a physician.
The other possibilities are abnormal upper esophageal sphincter function, stress or psychological abnormality causes this sensation due to altered upper esophageal pressure. You may need to undergo endoscopic evaluation. Firstly I suggest you to consult ENT surgeon for possible causes and further management. Take care and regards.

The web fragments also cause itchy eye.  Alaway will stop the itching.  If broken, the webs disintegrate into a powder which tastes and smells like house dust.  I have some towells which exude fibers similar to this.  I encounter most of the webs in the basement.  I have taped up my sump pump hole as it has connection to the surface via a stairwell drain and a downspout drain.  My brother's basement is just like mine but with a sealed off sump pump.  There are spiders but the fine webs do not seem to be present.  The advent of microfibers over the past several years (in view of the towells) may account for some of the fibers but I am not allergic to the towells. The webs may coincide with spring pollen and confuse the issue.  I'm pretty sure my foundation drainage system has an ecosystem of leaves, roaches, crickets, and spiders.  I think I will try sealing the unused downspout drain, thus cutting off the remaining air passage, which should cut off the food supply of the spiders.
I kinda feel this stuff and it doesn't affect me mentally as much, its annoying to say the least but i find when i shave my beard it helps, cause i won't feel the web like sensation as much. I think its also more spiritual than physical, for instance I meditate, and realize that when i would imagine my chakras spinning in a clockwise motion that the webs tightened, or retreated may be a better word, also putting myself in a really happy state of mind for absolutely no reason also helps get rid of the sensation. when spinning your chakra you'll probably feel a sensation resisting in the opposite direction but focus and keep your chakras spinning in the clockwise direction, and by clockwise i mean that if you imagine the spinning, the motion of the clock will be spin to your left. also while doing this on a particular occasion, i was in my car and felt a small spider fall from my ear, as if it materialized out of thin air, i killed the little *******, but i had just walked under a tree so that could have been the source.
also i may have something to do with the poles shifting, and changes going on with the sun. once enough happiness builds up in you i have a feeling those dimensional webs wont be able to take hold on you.
and those of us that shine the brightest attract more bugs. so you have to be bright enough that they burn when they get too close. :)
Google mycoplasma, you may be interested in what you find. Mycoplasma may just cause the majority of the chronic problems similar to the ones described on this forum. Can be shared by pets as well. Cronic (chronic) fatigue, fibromyalgia, gulf war syndrom (syndrome), rheumatoid arthritis, the list goes on. I am finding some relief with diet, vitamins, herbs, and excercise. You can also get a DNA stool test, developed by metametrics labs. This is prettty much a complete GI test providing you a detailed picture of what is happening in your gut and can pinpoint issues that could be causing you to have a weakened immune system. The lab also provides a document that details exactly what your test results mean and what you need to do to correct your problems.

http://www.metametrix.com/files/test-menu/interpretive-guides/GI-Effects-IG.pdf
I just started having these symtoms (symptoms) this week. I have a cat so at first I thought her cat hair were finally getting to me. But I just experienced it while over here cleaning my new apartment.I havenr brought my cat here yet. It really feels like there's hair in my throat and all over my face. I'm glad to find other people with the same symptoms but it ***** that no one knows what it is. The only thing here in this apartment is dust and since I've been packing in my apartment I've kicked up a lot of dust there as well. There's also no circulation in my current aparrment. So it may very well me a dust allergy
Hi! You are not the only one with that sensation. I too have had it now for over a week. I think it is a nerve but I don't know where it stems from. If you get better let me know. I also used to have a sensation that something was crawling right in front of my head in a little spot big as a dime. It drove me crazy, but just stopped one day. I had that several times. best wishes.
Wow, and to think I thought i was loosing my mind.  I'm glad to hear there are others having the same spider web sensations that I'm having.  For me, the sensations started about 10 months ago and have mainly been isolated to the kitchen and master bedroom closet, with the kitchen having the highest sensations. At first I thought it was a spider or spiders crawling around, but i would never see them. And when i finally did see one in the kitchen and removed it - i thought the issue was resolved.  Nope - the web like feelings continued!!!  I'm now convinced that its got to be some type of electro-magnetic build up going on.  But how do i resolve it!!! Has any one had luck with humidifiers? I'll have to try vacuuming more often as well as see if a humidifier helps!
hi, for about 4-5 weeks i've had the sensation of hair in my mouth and throat,sometimes it feels like its around my mouth, it first started when i was around certain dogs, then all of a sudden it was every animal i came into contact with, now its just 25/7! even if there are no animals around. i have 2 gerbils but they live in the kitchen and dont really spend any time in there. i went to the doctors for some allergy tabs, took them for 3 days and got really i'll, went back to docs and she gave me some piriton instead, and those dont seem to be working either.i dont feel well in myself at all, i feel run down,fed up of this hair feeling and its starting to affect my mood and daily life. i've started to take quiet life ( karms ) but that just seems to be making me have like a strange feeling in my head and a strange taste and sensation on my tongue. even when people come to visit me and they have pets it gets worse :-(
Holy ****! I have the same thing, minus the hair in my mouth and stuff, but I live in Maryland too
I have a similar sensation.  I believe you will find that the web sensation is caused by tiny spider veins on your face.  That is why they call them spider veins.  The insects you are finding in your scalp are a type of louse that most people get infected with during their life.  If you wash your hair regularly and wash your face as well, you will find that the symptoms ease up a little bit.  Even so, I have had it now for a long time and find that it is really a lesson in patience.
Whether this has anything to do with the spider web/hair falling across your face sensation, which I have begun to get regularly, I have another theory and it might creep you out.

Apparently, their are a parasites (taenia solium) that can easily settle in and around various parts of your body.  The small worm usually lives in the meat of pigs (pig tapeworm).  If you don't cook pork it will infest your intestine as a worm, where fewer problems exist.  In our case, it can exist in other parts of your body.  In the skin, muslces, organs, and more importantly, the brain, if it is contracted in the egg form.  After you eat the eggs from feces covered food that comes directly from it's human host.  It means...people that have it, didn't wash their hands when they started to make your food!  This is super common in the 3rd world.  This disease is called, "cysticercosis".  

Well these cysts (larval stage) can live for years(if I understand it correctly) inside its hosts, with little trouble.  They do feed on you, but, almost imperceptably.  Now, believe it or not, the thing can live and feed inside your brain.  There is typically a lot of wasted material in the brain, so it goes unnoticed, typically.  But, when it gets next to an important nerve, or nerve bundles.  These potentially, can be life threatening.  It is easily treated with a couple of types of drug, but, you must know or suspect the condition first.  I suspect I might be a victim of this and it might be the source of our strange malady.  It is just a theory, but, worth investigating further if this applies to you.  

Dune
I had all the symptoms everyone has posted and after suffering for over a yr. we found that we had mold in one of our walls around the bedroom window.  Check for mold. It is a common problem.
Yea.  Me too.  Where can I be tested and receive appropriate medicinene.  Doctors I have gone to for help, can't see past the nose on their face if an opportunity to make someone think they're going crazy is present.  I'd just as soon let this thing bring me to an early grave then face the ridicule of another doctor's arrogantly blatant sneers.  and, oh yes, the family... just try and speak plainly about your symptoms.  Having fully expressed mine, my family now dismisses me as a mental case and avoids the subject of how I'm doing.  No one ever asks.  I certainly don't bring it up   They'd just as soon forget I have a problem; and that's what they've done.
Been living with this for years. Doctors are useless as they will look at you and think psychological. Pretty sure its not a bug of any kind. If you would like some answers I suggest reading material on, polysaccharides, serotonin syndrome and it's after effects and last but not least morgellans disease. I suggest researching these subjects in the order that I listed them and don't get too caught up on the whole mogellans conspiracy. I honestly think mine has to do with serotonin syndrome especially if you dig deep enough into it affects into cardiovascular and cognitive. The spider webs or polysaccharide as I call them Use to be present anywhere on my body that a hair follicle grows But as I have  changed medications And relaxed a little about it It seems to be localized to my head Inside and out
Been living with this for years. Doctors are useless as they will look at you and think psychological. Pretty sure its not a bug of any kind. If you would like some answers I suggest reading material on, polysaccharides, serotonin syndrome and it's after effects and last but not least morgellans disease. I suggest researching these subjects in the order that I listed them and don't get too caught up on the whole mogellans conspiracy. I honestly think mine has to do with serotonin syndrome especially if you dig deep enough into it affects into cardiovascular and cognitive. The spider webs or polysaccharide as I call them Use to be present anywhere on my body that a hair follicle grows But as I have  changed medications And relaxed a little about it It seems to be localized to my head Inside and out. Keep an open mind while reading but don't let it wander too far. I'll be happy to answer any questions of anybody who wants to ask. The crawling feeling maybe hardend platelets running up the vein or artery. Keep me posted everybody.
u can contact me & i will try to help u with quran recitation.Iwith Allah will.it could b evil eye/magic or demon attack?Allah knows best
I have the same symptoms as you.  I feel things crawling on me and the thing about me is i feel them in my goatee. if makes me think little worms are in my goatee.  I feel them in my throat  it feels like thick saliva is in there.  I treated myself for pinworm, roundworm,  tried garlic and every home remedy i could find.  I feel them all over my body and they dont bite that much.   The spider web feeling is not to bad for me.  I've been to tons of doctors and some think that i am crazy.  But the weirdest and pretty damn scary stuff is one day i was drinking orange soda and had real bad stomach pains then in my chest and i felt like something was stuck in my throat.   I started coughing and out came an all white spider.  Good sized to,  Freaked me out to the point i went to the doctors they thought i was on drugs.  they tested me for bath salts and speed and nothing showed up.  they sent me to a dermatologist and still nothing.  i have been battling this for about six months.  I also get this sensation and it feels like something is drilling or trying to get into my skin or get out.  mostly on my feet and also on one side of my knee.   I wish that i could find out a solution.  
I have had the feeling of something on my face since I had my kitchen redone and the house was full of dust.  To make a long story short I am on a low dose anti depresant for something else  and I do not have the feeling all the time anymore.
Your comments were written a couple years ago, are you still going thru this?  If not what did you do?
Hey, I'm sure it's the cat. I just adopted one and this keeps happening to me. I went away for a week with my family to a beach house without the cat and sure enough, no hair throat feeling. I'm back home today, yes, hair throat feeling after 2 hours in the house. I don't want to get rid of kitty cat, my kids love him... but now not sure what to do :-( Any developments since your post?
Hairgirl
I have these symptoms too. I have no cat or dog. Spring is here, perhaps it is dust mites or something. I wonder what this is. So annoying. And scary.