sensitive to cold air conditioner
I am acutely sensitive to cold air conditioner. The effects are immediate and the colder the air the worse things are. This is followed by a thumping headache and painful soreness in the eyes and nostrils. Further exposure can result in heavy nasal congestion and pain spreading all around my eyes, jaws , teeth, And headache. The problem started  after my open heart surgery for an aorotic valve replacement, and I am on coumadin therapy for life time.  With my primary Dr. we did a lot of  kind lab tests included TSH and they all come normal.  I am a nurse working in the hospital. I wear a lots of clothing . If a go to the grocery store , I run along the aisles becuase I don't want to get sick . I stopped going to restaurants. Can you offer any help as to what it might be, what has caused it and what can be done? I so desperate, please help. Thank you
I also have the same symptoms as you.  But I also loose my voice and squeak.  I play French horn and at my last lesson I was trying so hard to get air into the horn, my face turned beat red.  
I have the same experience. The problem is caused by AC at workplace. Once the infection in upper airway spread out so much that due to difficulties in breathing, drinking & eating, life was threatened. When symptoms occur, no medicines help.

During the several years fighting the AC symptoms, I have gained some clues as to what could be helpful.
1. acupuncture
2. sunshine
3. (the most magic) regular high-energy-dance - try salsa! Do it four evenings a week! Take a day salsa class on weekend!
The last one was what really increased my body's resistance to cold air dramatically. While being a regular salsa dancer >15 hours/week, I was free of any AC symptoms. I pray that the tip may be of help to some of those who suffer from the same desperate situation as I have gone through.
22-24 is the standard temp range in my office building. It is further confirmed by CIBSE http://www.cibse.org/index.cfm?go=page.view&item=453 where recommended temp / day light is stated.
Take a typical summer day with outdoor temp 36 and indoor temp 24, the air coming out of the ventilation is much colder than 24 degrees. Sitting directly below the air vent can lead to many symptoms. Speak to your building service, adjust the temp / reduce the draft / let more sunlight through. Hope the info helps!
I am having the same issues with aircon, as soon as I walk in to an aircondition room I will start to cough a dry cough shortly after, if I am in there long enough, it feels like my throat swells,I get a croaky voice for sometime after,my sinuses block up, it feel as though my chest has a problem. I have experenced dizziness, blurred vision, seeing stars, confusion and chest, back and stomach pains for days after long exposure. I don't know if it's related but it has felt like I was going to die at times. I also had pains in my left shoulder and arm which came and went, I originally thought it was a heart attack. Sometimes I will walk into the aircon and feel physically exhausted almost immediatley after coughing. It has only really started to make itself apparent this year. But the one thing I did notice before this all happening was me enduring more stress than anyone should ever have to deal with over a period of a couple of years prior to this happening. I am a 28 year old male and was in perfect physical condition and extremely fit and extremely active, so much to the point where everyone around me would tire and drop off and I would just keep going. All within a year it seems all that has turned around to be the complete opposite of who I am. The drive is still there, but my strength and stamina are well and truly non existant anymore, it's like I turned into the walking dead overnight. I still look fine and healthy, I have had chest xrays, ecg, and blood tests done and nothing has come up positive. The only things I have experienced in the last 6months which may be related to this and I have tested positive for a couple of months ago, was whooping cough, streptococcus, glandular fever, and microplasma (possible pneaumonia).
If any one else has had a lead up similar to this then it may offer some insight for diagnosing the causes of this annoying disease.
Please post all details if you have experienced something similar.
I am so pleased I found this site.  I live in the UK and don't come into contact with air con very often.  Having just started a new job as a trainer I was sent to a call centre for a 3 hour session - everything sealed and full air con.  After 3 hours I started getting a raging sore throat - the worst I have ever known but without any flu type symptoms such as aches and high temp.  I was awake most of that night, the pain was awful and my throat was parched dry.  Next morning I had a wheezy cough and my voice was just a croak.  The symptoms gradually eased over the week until my next visit when they were back with a vengance.  I have had the cough and wheezing for 5 weeks plus the awful fuzzy brain feeling and it has started to make me feel quite tearful and depressed. Each time I have been back into this building it has flared up again.  Having not been there for 10 days I felt better and thought it might just be a coincidence but a visit again 3 days ago has put me back to square one.  
i too have suffered dizziness from AC at my work place. i am forced to sit directly under the AC vent and ever since i have experienced on going symptoms including heache, dry eyes, runny nose, dry and sore throat. Feeling this way constantly is now making me naseas and making life at work very miserable, hope this helps
I have similar problems ... if ever should you find out about anything that can help ...please share ... thanks!
I am so glad to find you all. I can't stand the draft from a/c. I was always cold sensitive but after I had a cornea transplant and pneumonia I became hypersensitive to any draft from air conditioning, or a breeze outdoors. I used to love a little breeze on a hot day. No more. I wear turtleneck tops on days when it is 80º outside. I bundle up when eveyone is wearing shorts and halters. People think I am weird. I have fibromyalgia and other medical problems and don't know if any are the reason for this problem. I have tried to adjust medications I am taking that might make a person feel cold or hot but it only helped a tiny drop. Something went wrong after the transplant surgery and the Pneumonia. I also developed shingles at the same time. My body went haywire. No doctor has a clue how to help me. I just get so frustrated. It is so upsetting.
me too. It's the blowing of the cold air that does it for me.Although if it is cold outside I can't go out without a heavy jacket on just to take in the newspaper because i wll get sick. I will catch a severe upper respiratory illness and need antibiotics to cure it. I think there is some bacteria that lurkes in my body and the moment it gets a chill the bacteria take off. But I need to bundle up where there is blasting a/c and in fact have left my art class and yoga class this week because the a/c in the building they are in so blasting so much. Some days are worse than others. It makes my life miserable because the clubhouse where I live is where these activities are and I can't stand the way they blast the a/c and I have complained to no avail.
I'm in Terry!  I agree with everything you wrote about using AC
Would it not be possible that the air conditioning contains something to which is toxic or "dissagrees" - anyone tried this way as opposed to changing them selves ?

However it could be that immune systoms are challanged by the bacteria in the AC system ?

Hi everyone,
It's good to know I'm not alone... I don't have allergies and believe my problems with A/C are manifestation of general cold intolerance syndrome. My family doctor believes it's a form of hyperalgesia,  at least that's what he wrote to my HR to back up my request for moving to another cubicle... He thinks anxiety may be part of the problem - and it's certainly is but I don't believe anti-anxiety drugs is worth trying.
It's getting worse with age (I'm 61). In summer time I wear a sweater AND a jacket in the office or turn on portable heater or drink hot tea all the time. The folks around me sit in T-shirts and growl when I adjust wall A/C regulators...
Anyway, my point is that those who suffer from AC may want to look at generic cold intolerance, which to my best knowledge doesn't have a cure either (unless it's a result of hypothyroidism).
Good luck, abs51
Hmmm....Can't find my symptoms on this thread but here goes....I've had psoriasis all my life. It's an auto-immune disorder and therefore not curable.. But the symptoms were always limited to the scalp and, in a minor way, to the ears. Last year in May, it erupted into a full-blown case of palmo-plantar psoriasis, which basically destroys the skin of the palms and the soles, as the immune system, thinking something wrong, continues to make new skin day and night. The dermatoloigist asked, "Where have YOU been?" Of course, as a 73-yr old, I couldn't remember (lol). As an avid gardener, I had been into practically everything. Then there was the woodworking....In response, I just sighed.

It took over three months and many medications later for the condition to vanish, but vanish it did. Touch wood.... I soon got over memories of the ordeal and stopped touching wood. This week the symptoms are returning.

What do May 2011 and May 2012 have in common? Both times I worked extensively on the air conditioning of my car. Frequently, this involved holding my hands in front of the louvres of the air ducts.Strange as it may seem, this may answer the question my dermatologist asked me. Now, air conditioning does not cause psoriasis. But air conditioning may be the trigger that sets it off.

I know these are "new" symptoms and it is not my intent to change the subject of other symptoms mentioned. Most are clearly debilitating. But maybe my symtpoms will bring others like me out of the woodwork.

Ask you Doctor to Check your Thyroid -  
I too have a sensitivity to AC.  I believe it is the coolant in the AC that is escaping through a tiny pinhole leak that is causing the sensitivity.  I also have problems with some cars.  If there is a faint smell of antifreeze in the car i will get ill too,  the cars i believe leak a tiny bit of the AC coolant into the cab causing my eyes to burn, nausea, brain fog, etc.  It does not happen with all AC for me.  I have stayed in hotels in the tropics and had to have the AC on all the time with no problems.  So i think it may be a problem with cheaper AC systems.  AS for cars i am able to ride in most toyotas although i tried a toyota truck and felt ill imediatley.  I had to quit my job because the company vehicle made me sick.  I didnt know how to tell them i was allergic to the vehicle they wouould have laughed at me or thought i was crazy so i just didnt show up.  Now i am without work, i loved that job too. I once had a honda that made me ill so i thought if i drained all the AC lines it would not make me sick, but i think there was a tiny pinhole leak in the radiator system.  so i was still ill.  I am also allergic to certain carpets, most foams in cheap matress pads, and the strong smell of tires.  I had bought a hand cart from lowes and when i brought it home i realized the smell of the tires was making me ill.  For about two years i ripped my house apart trying to find out what i was allergic to. I have gotten rid of most everything that causes problems.  I dont run the central air.  I run a small air conditioner upstairs but have to turn it off when i come upstairs to sleep at night but this keeps the house fairly cool.  I have thrown away countless items thinking i was allergic only to realize it was something else making me sick.  
Hi you may consider that you are overly acidic. Google psoraisis oxidative stress   Avoid all sodas, reverse osmosis water and purified bottled water as they can be very acidic.

Find someone in your area with Kangen Water. it is alkaline water and helps balance the body. if you find someone to share the water with you bring a small bottle and also ask for some strong acidic water to dab on affected external areas. You are welcome to message me direct for more on this. Aina-***@****
Any luck I just started a new job and after a few hours I can't speak
I just started a new job and lose my voice in about 3 hours from the ac any ideas
Take cold showers regularly to build up resistance.
I had problems like the above for years.
Due to allergy I wore a jacket even mid summer and always long sleeves, also at night I had a blanket no matter how hot it was.
Slight breezes or drafts set me off easily.
I went on a holiday to Budapest and it was so very hot without breeze, that I was able to wear less clothes.
Also the thermen did me very well, I am now able to walk around with only a shortsleeved t-shirt and I regularly go out without a jacket!
My problems have lessened severely due to a better resistence.
Hi rajatkochar,

I also have a similar problem.. Am suffering from this problem for the past six years.. My nose gets very much congested in A/c and cold climate. Am living in Bangalore. It's getting worse here . Am not able to sleep in the nights... I have been using litres of Nasivion nasal drops to get rid of the nasal blockage.. Which actually shouldn't be continues for a long period as that itself will cause  a stuffy nose.. Have ur allergy improved.. If yes.. Please share.thanks

Rebecca
Interesting to see people with the same problems...I seriously suffer from airco for 6 years now. My symptoms are getting worth and stronger, I cannot face all the pain anymore. It is caused by my work place , but going away is also not easy, it's more or less impossible to find an airco free working place these days! Also it seems that there is no medical prove that the symptoms are caused by the airco, so usually people think I'm crazy or the problems are not real.I have swollen and painful throat, headache, dizziness, difficult breathing, cramps in my head , neck and shoulders, cannot concentrate anymore. Im completely broken for the end of the day, my weekends are for recovering and Monday it begins again. From a healthy, sporty cheerful girl I became a completely broken person. Ç
Don't know what country you are from.. i'm in australia. look up on allergys and gmo foods.. i suffered terrible allergys of all kinds for 7 years.. i was house bound and had the flu constantly.. I'm studding Naturopathy now.. i have found that if i remove gmo foods from my body then i'm not allergic to anything in the enviroment.. if i slip up and eat a gmo food i suffer again for 3 days.. the study's i have done on gmo is showing me that the food is changing our dna, changing our dna makes us allegic to our world. normally the gmo foods will be what you most likley crave.. have a look into it anyway.. it might be your problem to.. they don't tell us if bug's eat it they die and when sampled in rats it was a very bad out come.. the white house passed it.. anyway best of luck.. God is faithful, stay away from the Doctors!
Hi everyone, I have been desperately trying to find someone with the same issues as I have.  My problem is not just with the ac but with cold air, every time I am exposed to cold air I get terrible pains on one side of my face. I also get cold symptoms, I get congested in one nostril and eventually get really sick and end up taking antibiotics for infections. It does not matter where I am, if it is cold I feel pain, even when I open the freezer at home. Doctors keep giving me different medications for pain but what I need to know is why am I having pain from the cold, and what is causing it.  If there is anyone who can help me with this problem I would love to hear from you, it is soo depressing.
Hi Gabriella, I have exactly the same symptoms and my life has been affected in every negative way by the air conditioning at work and as many people here say, no understanding from the colleagues and it's not so common to have these symptoms. Constant headaches, sore throat, cough,  itchy skin, neck and back pain, muscle/joints pain and in the last months I started to have twitches in both eyes which drives me completely crazy. And as you said, I used to go to gym, was fit and healthy all my life but now I feel like a zombie, constantly feeling bad and sick and in pain. Some days Im just so desperate that Im ready to quit the job no matter what just to be healthy again. And the only thing we actually need from others is to listen and try to understand and help us turn the aircon down. Instead they make us feel like we are selfish or something but in fact THEY are selfish if they can't understand.. :(
Hi everyone, majority of you is absolutely normal people. The problem with air conditioners is not a pure medical one, but rather social. Through all the mankind's history powerful and brutal people used to force others to have a very bad habits. These habits are like body mutilation, heavy drinking, smoking, air conditioning, drug abuse, petrol sniffing etc. I CAN NOT remember any public referendum on whether how many people really want to be sitting in a completely sealed without any regular oxygen intake room at work, on a train etc. These powerful people simply do whatever they want to others. These are so called “decision makers”. Recycled air air-conditioning system is killing machine used by some people to get unnatural enjoyment.  People used to live without them since Adam and Eve. I live in Australia and look what they do to their children. NSW, Victoria and Tasmania have the highest level of asthma among children in World! I spoke to older people and it was not a problem at all say 90 years ago in this of the cleanest countries in the World. Asthma is not a problem in the developing world. Poor countries may be much polluted, but there are not too much aircons there.  Recycled air air-conditioning system has 2 mechanisms to make people sick or very sick. The first one may be not very killing – it is a flow of cold air. But is still may be very damaging for many people including me. The second one is a pure crime – it is a continuous flow of parasites, fungus, dust and bacteria delivered into your nose and lungs. Every test of the air will confirm their presence.  Unfortunately it is almost impossible to explain to many smokers or drug abusers that what they are doing is bad. I used to live in USSR and smoking + heavy drinking used to be absolutely mandatory to be promoted at work. This is the same story.

Perhaps, the cold showers helped because they close/shrink the pores on your skin, and then the skin does not absorb as much stuff from the environment you are in.
To test this you could try (but why would you?) hot showers for a few days. If the symptoms come back full force, then you know that the positive effect of cold showers is not resistance but pore closure.  If the symptoms remain muted, then resistance may be the correct understanding of the positive effect.  
I accidentally came across the description of your problems and it made me think of mastocitosis, a chronic disease with very similar symptoms. Have you considerede having it?
Recently i am trying Baking Soda (sodium bicarbonate) 1/2 or 1/4 teaspoon dissolved in water; sometimes twice a day, sometimes just once a day.
this self-treatment with baking soda is helping me be less sensitive to allergens, but it has completely gotten rid of my sensitivity to cold air outdoors or indoors.
My hypothesis is that our blood pH is out of balance. the cause could be our diet (too much acidifying foods, not enough alkalizing food [like green vegetables and fruits), or it could be a metabolic disease, or your kidneys have given up trying to compensate our acidic blood state. I believe an acid blood state exacerbates our allergies and makes us sensitive to cold. It is just a hypothesis, but baking soda has worked miracles for me.

I hope this helps someone out there. I know how miserable life can be when you always feel cold and feeling like you have a perpetual cold (the flu).

once again, 1/2 to 1/4 teaspoon or tablespoon of baking soda daily until you feel better, then you can skip one day, or not, depending on how you feel.

one more thing, do some research into alkalizing food and acidifying foods.
one natural way of bringing your blood pH to neutral levels (rather than acidic levels) is by eating more alkalizing foods; and what a surprise that alkalizing foods are fruits and vegetables (the ones we skip in our meals).
HINT: meats make our blood acidic, balance it with some dark green veggies.

Ps: next time you go to the doctor ask "them" to test your blood pH. you may have a metabolic problem that brings your blood down to an acidic state.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not a doctor !
but my frustration with my condition was so great that i decided to investigate it myself, by going to nursing school. so i have some understanding of how the body works. and now i found a treatment for myself. i hope this helps others out there.
i dont understand what you are saying.
thank you so much! does the baking soda remedy help for throat inflamation (soreness)? and also my soft pallet becomes itchy and painful, what can i do for that? constantly sip something warm? covering myself with a jacket is not helping at all and I'm too shy to cover my head with a scarf (to prevent cold air from entering my ears). and does turmeric in water produce same healing effects like baking soda in water?
I would like to know makeup of the tablets you are taking so I might match here.   Thanks for the information.   Very few people have anything positive to at least try.
Thank you, and good luck
i was running and air condition was on next day i wake up with  back pain fever I am having hard time to breath when i try to exercises its been a week and not I am not getting better  should i see a doctor or give somedays. in the meantime what kind of medication should i take over the counter to ease the pain  please help thank you
I've had this problem for about 10 years and have found no help from medical establishment. There is no any operation and all for this. I also use a nasal spray, called Otrivine Menthol Nasal Spray. It works in few minutes and lasts up-to 12 hours. you can try it.
Consult with a  dentist to make sure you do not have leaky Amalgam. Since there is mercury in it . If mercury is in your system you can have all the symptoms you described.
i am very sensitive to air conditioner whenever i sit in for more than 5 minutes my body temp fallls down suddenly and i feel like i have forgotten every thing what i was doing and why am i there mostly these things are followed up by depression..i live in a room where ther are 3-4 airtel 4g towers installed just above my head.does this has anything to do with my problem
Hello i read your blog and am very glad that there are other people that also experience similar symptoms to me.  I totally understand how you feel.  I cannot escapte the air conditioning and it also affects my whole life, socially, work related and just general quality of life.  I don't get nose bleeds but i get flu like symptoms and also as you said its worse when the air vent is blowing on you.  I get the sore throat and stuffy sensation and my glands get sore.  I saw so many medical specialists no one could find anything wrong with me.  I have two severe headaches a week sometimes more and find it hard to enjoy socialising and looking after my 20 month old son.  I havent found anything that works other than avoiding air con but it can be very hard to do especially in Queensland.  I cannot give up my job as I need to work and the air con environment is inevitable.  I find a little relief though from drinking hot drinks and keeping my scarf on around my neck and trying to get into the humidity as often as possible. Its good to be able to talk about it though.  
I am experiences the exact same thing! I thought I was crazy, but to know someone that experiences this too, finally I know I'm not crazy!
All the same issues with the workplace being closed in, The AC, the dizziness etc.
Hi - just wished to share with you that I was recently diagnosed with irritant eyelid dermatitis following office relocation in 2013.  Office has an overhead heating and ventilation system which I believe is the cause however my employer does not seem to accept any responsibility.  I was subsequently relocated to an office without a HVAC system and my symptoms subsided however I am now required to move into another office with an overhead HVAC system.   Whilst I have raised serious concerns about my health, my employer does not seem to be acknowleding the situation despite online information that cites AC as being one of the main causes of irritant contact dermatitis!  
It is really good (and sad) to see other people wrestling with the same problems I have now had for some eight years. I have done so many different tests and all have come out negative, so it is really frustrating.
I have not found any miracle cure but some ideas are worth mentioning:
- the obvious one: avoid exposure to AC - I am now going to office for an hour every day doing the rest of the work at home and it helps;
- I have an excellent Chinese medicine / acupunture doctor and he fixes me up for a while (preparing the body for the cold season with acupuncture and Chinese herbal supplments); unfortunately he lives a thousand miles away and I only rarely see him; if you are able to find a good doctor in your neighbourhood, it is really worthwhile!
- eating very spicy food relieves the symptoms - as well as other things that make you sweat like a hot bath/shower; spice does not necessarily mean chili but also ginger, cinnamon, cardamom etc.; in Asian shops one can buy powders for hot ginger drink, drinking this immediately after exposure (or when sitiing at an air conditioned office does help);
- keeping feet warm (the rest of the body as well, but the feet are really the most important part), wearing woollen socks and/or slippers at home;
- wearing a hat and a scarf on the train, at the supermarket and other places where one is exposed to AC;
- one doctor prescribed me Avamys, a local antibiotic nasal spray which I used when it felt especially bad and it helped very quickly (I would deduce then that the problem has something to do with bacteria but I am not really good at biology); unfortunately you get resistant to this medicine, so I have not renewed the prescription;
- avoiding too much mucus in the body is really important - I am keeping away from yeast (beer, pastry), wheat and milk products (as suggested by my doctor), helps considerably (i.e. if I would consume those things it would be even worse than it is now) - the mucus (you can see it in the mirror - if your tongue is white, you have too much of it) reduces the natural immunity of the body as far as I can understand;
- the sun and hot weather help enormously, so those of you who live in a hot climate should be able to benefit, others (like myself) have to travel to hotter climes as often as possible.
I hope this is of some assistance to anyone - and keep on fighting!
Hi Sandiella,
I understand exactly how you feel, and I tell you most people around don't get it.
Its quite difficult when you have to go back to work everyday and breathe in the cod air again! And others look at you as if something is wrong with you cos they're hot!!!
What I do most days though is to constantly turn up the air-conditioner after a while; make it warm in between. Then I take walks outside of the office especially when its sunny; that heats me up. And most evenings I just soak in a warm bath. These help somehow. I also wear my thermal vests and cardigans most times. Its also useful to clear any residual respiratory or airway infection, with medications I mean

Hope this helps.
I can so relate, gracieluv! I'm in my office where everybody else is comfortable and I have on a jacket and a blanket over my legs.
I have been sensitive to AC my whole life with any part of my body that is not protected from the breeze (by something more than regular clothes) becoming extremely painful within a few minutes in addition to the cold symptoms experienced by most people here. The more the AC runs, the more I have to bundle up. Everybody thinks I'm just plain crazy 'cause they're hot.
What an uncomfortable way to live!!  ...but I'm so thankful for fresh air outside with it's normal ups and downs in temperature.
Here in Canada we don't need to use AC frequently thankfully, and going outside into the heat for a couple hours at the end of the day typically resolves my issues completely, but by the end of the work week, I'm in bad shape.
I so wish there was a more effective means of being comfortable than the air conditioning we have at this time.
Hi there,
I'm working at an International school in Phuket, Thailand. We've moved to our new campus in August. At that time the place was still a construction site. Air con blew constantly directly at my head, combining with the dusty environment. I developed bronchitis, then sinusitis, etc. I've been on med since then with no end insight. I developed this problem when entering cold room, my throat starts to hurt and close up. I have to wear a jacket and keep my throat warmed when in any air conditioned area.
One day, I search on the net and found your advise. I tried it yesterday and I stopped all my med for 24 hour to see the result. I've never felt this good for months. Thank you so much.
Patsy
I'm also facing same AC issues, I live in Mumbai, working in an IT company. I get relief if I take 'Levocet M' at night before sleep, the next morning I dont face problems in AC. But sometimes it wont work.

So, Im going to try the solution posted by @FabianS
Glad I found this website
for those who struggling with eye irritation / dry syndrome because of AC/cold weather/wind - try to use protective glasses:
1. 7eye glasses
2. "Onion Goggles" - same as 7eye just cheaper
3. Uvex products, like S39610C Stealth Safety Goggles
Dear all!

I have some of the above symptoms that you mentioned. This AC ******** is putting me under some bad conditions. Time is challenging us all. My father was raised in places with no AC no electricity non of this stupid things we have now days. He is like a rock. I think they put some "poison" in those machines! Currently I live in Abu Dhabi everywhere  u enter is AC present. I start shaking my heart is jumping out of my chest BP goes up. The doctors don't know anything about this. Seriously I'm thinking to go live in the mountains away from all this ******** so called "luxury" Nothing happened to my father or grandparents who lived without them. They were 100x stronger than we r today. Don't go to much to the doctor they will make u think ur crazy. It's because of stress, take it easy don't think to much enjoy life. And than you end up asking urself I'm I really exaggerating? Nope, they just don't know ****. If I can't breath it's not because I'm stressed it because ther is smth wrong. Here the doctors ar butchers. They don't even pay atention  what ur saying,  they put you to do some MRI, XRAY = money money money. I hope all of you find a cure and if I find smth ill be sharing it with you all. May God bless you.
I found the remedy/solution to cure myself. It can help you as well.
First I'll outline my symptoms which troubled me badly:
  Unable to eat anything cold. can't even drink water at room temperature i.e. 24 degree Celsius, forget drinking cold water strait from refrigerator or eating ice cream.
  Can't stand in AC environment( 22 degree Celsius or less) more than 1-2 minutes.
  Need to always wear full sleeves clothing and cover head while sleeping.
  if catch cold, which often happened, nose runs like leaking tap. Body temperature goes high.

I was completely helpless for last 2 years. tried all kind of medicine, Ayurveda, Homeopathic and Allopathic nothing could help much.
I was extremely desperate and begging to god for help(though I was atheist :) ). He/She did listen to me.

Over internet someone posted about eating right. Then I researched more and found what worked for me.
I' am directly going to the point, what helped me to cure this so called allergy.

I stopped all the medication immediately and changed my food habit/style.
I Stopped taking food which are acidic in nature like: sugar, all kind of meat, eggs, carbonated soft drinks, white Bread, spices/spicy food.
Started taking food which are Alkaline in nature. drank mineral rich water. no RO water.

Before breakfast: one cup high Ginger Tea.
Breakfast: boiled oats in milk added 10 soaked grated almonds and once its cools off add little jaggary and one fully ripe banana.
One Apple/Papaya after breakfast 30-60 minutes later. I didn’t like Avocado 
Lunch: More of Leafy veggies(more of Spinach), Cauliflower, cabbage, bottle gourds and Mung Dal (Split Mung beans) and multi grain chapattis
Salad Must: Cucumber, Carrot, Beetroot, Radish, Onion.
evening snacks: light sandwich/fruit bowl/sprouts/Spinach soup
Dinner Vegetables from the list of lunch and Mung Dal and multi grain chapattis.
One glass cow milk lukewarm with little jaggary.
Walked after dinner for 20 minutes daily.

No Pizza, No carbonated cold drinks, No Burgers, No fried items.

Now I wear half sleeves T-shirts throughout the day and go into Network LAB which has temperature below 18 degree Celsius with thin jacket.
from Yesterday onwards I started keeping fast fortnightly, ate only one light meal in 24 hours. And will continue thought life.
Didn't face any symptoms for last two months now feeling extremely happy and lucky.

If you follow such eating style you should be able to see result in two-three days. And I would suggest Keep yourself  
worm until you feel that you are cured.
(30 minute exercise in the morning would be more helpful)

During my research over internet I found a good book that helped me immensely.
Book Title: The Wellness Sense - A Practical Guide to Your Physical and Emotional Health (Written by OM Swami)
Don't forget to read this book (you can find free PDF online but I purchased a new copy from Amazon). Remember every body type is different and has been categorized into three type by Ayurveda.
What worked form me may not help you much but this book will help surly has cure for all three body type. May god bless you with good health.

I am Ankush Shewale from mumbai.I too facing problem due to AC.In my home from my childhood there is AC.but i never adjusted with it.when my siblings in night put AC temperature below 24 c Then i face this problem.i have spent years to conclude this with observation.still i am suffering with this.when it become saviour i often take LEOCET - M (aniti allergy) tablet.But now experimenting yoga and healthy diet to avoid tabs.if someone having same problem and luckily found solution please whats app me solution on my whatsapp number - +919594096111