Allergy Community
severe allergies and fatigue causing me to feel so depressed?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

please someone help! i have been suffering from debilatating allergies/sinus probs, fatigue, and dizziness for about a year now. i do have allergies to mold, dust, milk products, and corn products. my allergy doc says my symptoms are all from allergies, but i have been trying everything 2 avoid the allergens, been getting allergy shots, tried numerous allergy medications, with no help from anything! does anyone else experience this type of thing? i seriously feel like i am getting so depressed. i cant hardly function, let alone enjoy anything. i suffer every single day. please, if anyone has any advice, etc, please let me know.
thanks so much!
I don't know if I have any advice, but know you're not alone.  I've been on several forums and you'd be surprised how many people have chronic sinus problems or allergies and how it causes such fatigue and depression.  My sinus problems won't go away, and when they flare up it makes me nervous and even gives me panic attacks.  Some days it's almost impossible to get out of bed.  It's frustrating and my experience is that you almost have to force doctors to deal with you, because many just want to dismiss the problems as not being serious.
Check out the rest of the forums here - we've all been talking in several about the same issues.  Know exactly where you're coming from.  So tired and feel so bad you can't function at all....sinus pressure, and seems most of us have had CT Scans, been to ENTs, and been on all the same meds.  So far Prednisone has helped me....but today's my last pill and I'm praying I won't go back to where I was, which was totally unable to function.  I just keep checking this forum every day to see if somebody gets help and post what I've been doing in case it can help someone.  It's caused my panic attacks which I've had for years but under control, to flare up, too.  You are not alone....but no one wants to feel like this!
hello, I have been suffering too from allegeries. I went to the doctor and he told me I was allergic to my pets. My house is so clean there is not one ounze of dog or cat hair and my car is clean also. I starting taking nasacort, sudafed and he gave me an inhaler. Nothing works. I have shortness of breath, I can't hardly breath.  I am so depressed and tired I can hardly go to work .  I am experiencing the same things as you. Can someone tell me what to do - thanks betsyll
I wish there was something I could say that would help you.  Read some of the other forums here - we've all been discussing it.  I look at all that pertain to me every day hoping somebody's got good news and help.  

I'm almost 4 months like this.  My face/sinus pressure was so bad today that I certainly didn't think I could make it through work.  I take it one day at a time.  I was sick to my stomach from my face hurting.  None of the nasal sprays or meds helped me.  The only thing that helped is Prednisone (steroid) which they only give you for a limited time because they are dangerous and your immune system can't find colds and other things when you're on it.  So I felt normal for a week or so...and now I've been off of them for a week and getting back to feeling bad and the facial pain and pressure.  Whatever this is has certainly changed my life (because I don't feel like I can function) and the others are saying the same thing.  We've gone to our doctors and Ear, Nose, Throat specialists, I've had CT Scan, x-rays, blood work, been to a chiropractor, been given about the same meds. with no help.

Something strange is going on this year....or we all have something that the doctors aren't diagnosing.  I'm going for allergy testing the end of the month.  I do have a cat and bird which I have had for years -- my house is clean...not spotless...because after 4 months of feeling like this I really don't feel like cleaning it!  I've got an air cleaner I keep running in my bedroom - but I can't tell that it's helped.  I just don't know.  The only comfort I can give is you're not alone.
man i have the same problem going to see an alergist this month.
after going through my primary doctor and an endocrinologist, i think maybe i have a severe food allergy somewhere. I love food induced anxiety and panic attacks, they are so much fun
I feel for anyone who suffers from allergies, as I am one of them, some days it is un bearable and I just want to cruel up and die.  My social life has been affected, that there are days when I am unable to socialise because of my allegies are so bad that I do not wnat to face anyone.
I am also under a doctor, and have done everything possible in my home to prevent allegens, but still I wake up every morning - after spending most of the night sneezing - still congested and feeling down and depressed, because I just want to have one day, where I can breath, smell and taste like a normal human being.
I was wondering if anyone has contemplated have sugery ???

Guys,
Although I myself don't have any answers, I must say I'm glad I found this thread.  For six weeks now, I have been plagued with seriously extreme fatigue, frontal headache, and a cloudy/confused mental state -- however no mucus whatsoever.  Ive been on an antibiotic (helped for a few days), then a steroid (did not help at all), had a CT Scan -- all to no avail.  My ear/nose/throat Dr. says its my allergies.  My general practitioner says it CANNOT be my allergies since it would be far too strange that all of a sudden I have become utterly debilitated by these allergies at 27, and he just prescribed me with another round of antibiotics, which i have not started taking yet.  He does have some logic behind this -- For one week during this period I was in Hawaii on vacation, which happened to be the week I was finishing the antibiotic.  The final 4 days of my trip -- I felt 100%.  Then, low and behold, I come back home to southern california and within 48 hours all the symptoms described are back in full force.  So he thinks I need another round to kill off whatever bug is in my body.  He also specifically mentioned that many of his patients have had to do multiple rounds of antibiotics because "the bacteria going around this year have become abnormally resistant to traditional antibiotics".  

My ear/nose/throat, of course, laughs at this, convinced its my allergies, of which I have an allergy test appointment on Jan 10.  All he has told me is to take some Claritin-D (which helped for a few days, but not anymore), cover my bed with hypoallergenic ****, and to wait and find out about my allergies, and then get the allergy shots.          I also saw an acupuncturist who worked some magic for about 48 hours as well, but that was all.  

On a side note, I must say this whole experience has left me extremely frustrated, angry, and quite frankly just pissed off because I have spent countless hours researching, visiting doctors, and I honestly dont see an end in sight -- which scares the scrap out of me.    I can only imagine the rest of you who have had these symptoms much longer than myself -- I feel for you.  Empathizing with how horrible we all feel, I promise that if I make any "in-roads" with all these doctors I will immediately post for all to get some relief.  

I do somewhat feel that we may have all caught something nasty that the doctors havnt figured out yet.  For now, I will go back to the place I have devoted the last 45 days of my life:  the friggin couch.    

Dr.s' are "practicing" on us.  My GP said said the same thing about sinus infections becoming resistent to antibiotics.  Then after 3 rounds and no better when he sent me to the ENT, he diagnosed the allergies, same as you.  I did the testing.  I was allergic to everything....but I'm like you, why now all of a sudden would it bother me like this.  I don't think I'll go for the shots.  I think I will use the saline rinse, Singulair and NasaCort and see how I do this summer.  If I get really bad again I guess I'll have to try the shots.  I do not sneeze or cough.  Guess we just have to wait it out or cure ourselves.  I hold down my couch most of the time, also.  Just try to get to work and home.  What a life.
Last year i had complete sinus reconstructive surgery. I am still dealing with a lot of the same symptoms. It is very interesting to me how the ENTs and Allergists and Family drs all say conflicting things. Everytime i go to the doctor feeling dizzy nasua fatigue ect. they want to put me on antiboitics for sinus infection and then i go see my ENT he says everything looks good. So now i think before the next doctor treats for sinus infection have them swab your nose to check for infection because when i have them do that it comes up negetive.Two weeks ago i had CAT scan of sinus to prove to my doctor it wasnt my nose anymore. Also my family doctor has said there has been a lot of people coming in with similar symptoms he thinks is a virus.???? I have been dealing with this for over a year and have had the surgery tried the antibiotics allergy meds and its not better. I just wanted to let you know you need to stand up for yourself. Trust but verify.
to nikkidarcy
demand that your dr.  do a sinus culture
Hi everyone, Ive been viewing this forum for about 2 months now reading all the differnt links that relate to my condition. I have decided to share my feelings as well.

I Have had allergy/sinus problems for years but not until recently (these last 2 years) have my condition ever been this bad. It's really taking a hold of my life, I have severe fatigue and body aches all over my body, and i hardly ever have any energy. I can barely make it to school and back and I can barely do my job. I have been down so much these past 2 years with depression symptoms and axiety symptoms. Also me and my girlfreind think I have a possible OCD disorder from these allergies/sinus, when i feel fine which is rare I dont have any anxiety, depression or OCD problems(which makes me believe that my depression/anxiety/OCD is related to allergies/Sinus). My life is suffering dramaticaly from these problems, I really need to find some help very soon.

For some added information for everyone, I have been on allergy shots (2 times a week) for several months now, I do see some improvement on some days but other days can be even worse than normal too. I have been to the doctors for my lack of enery several times over the years, and I also recently have been going to the doctors for this sinus problem more frequently to try to find some help. I have been to a ENT doctor, which didnt offer much help to my situation, he made me get a CT scan on my sinuses and the radiologists confirmed that everything looked fine, I went back to him with the results and he said that my problem is most likely from allergies. So i made my way to an allergist and have discovered that I am highly allergic to tress, grass, ragweed, dust/dust mites, and mildly alergic (allergic) to cats.

I'am willing to share my situation with all of you, to help seek a solution to this horrible problem.
My allergies: Cats, Dogs, Dust mites, Dust Mites 2 types, Mold, and a few more

Solutions: Air purification, IQair health pro plus, Hypo-allergenic blankets washed in hot water or with an additive or allergy detergetnt, pillow protector, etc,

Go to the nearest allergy and asthma center.

My whole state of mind was altered by allergies. I felt like dying.
I felt like killing. I spent my whole life suffering because of allergies and a terrible at home situation. I got tested for allergies when I was ten because the right side of my face would swell up, after that nothing was done by anyone. I don't remember being told how to take care of myself, the situation was handled extremely poorly. My mom was like your allergic to dust, dust is everywhere. So WTF am I supposed to suffer!

Right now I am in a terrible situation, my family knows that I'm allergic, but they can't relate and don't understand and the don't want to try to understand. It makes me furious I want to kick the **** out of all of them and take a bat to their heads. Thats the allergies talking, They make me psychotic if you ask me. Allergies are terrible and insane.

In july of 2006 I got prescribed flonaise for my allergy disorder " post nasal drip. " This is the first year I have learned how to take care of myself. I am surrounded by the stupidest people on this earth.

I'll post more I'm lazy right now.
what no option to edit?
I am sorry to know I am not the only one, but glad you are sharing. I have been dizzy now for almost 2 months, and my doctor has given me nasonex and allegra. I haven't started the allegra yet, but my symptoms are getting worse. The dizzyness is almost all of the time, and especially bad if I move to quick and from sitting to standing. Headaches are getting worse, hard to get rid of. I have had blood work and an exam, and all the Dr. noticed was that my nasal passages were extremely dry. Everything else has checked out great. Most of my different pains are on the right side of my body, for whatever reason.

Here is an article I found on the internet, thought some of you might want to check it out. http://www.drcranton.com/CFIDS.htm  

It is absolutely exhausting feeling like **** everyday.
Wow! I am amazed! i came across one of the other forums here under sinus problems, im not sure if you have all read them, but there is so many ofus going through this, its absolutely crazy that there isn't a doctor living who is willing or able to help us! I am at the point where i am in so much pain i have to rely on 2-3vicodin every few hours and packing my face w/ ice packs, and then I have to stay laying down cause if i stand or sit up everything spins-- Im afraid to drive ,its like being on a merry go round...  haven't been to work in 2 wks, went to the ER lastweek cause I couldn't take it anymore (I have had this for 2 straight years, every month and this is the worst ever!)   I just keep praying that I will wake up and this will all go away- I am saddened to hear there are so many of us dealing with this, yet relieved to know there is actually people who understand! I was trying to find out if its possible to get accupuncture on your face (im desperate for some relief of this pain in my face and I have 2 more wks to go til my sinus surgery)...Has anyone looked into or done that by any chance?  Im so frustrated with this as im sure you all are-- its taking such a toll on my whole body and mind- i feel worn down,, and I am only 29 yrs old, and other than this, am healthy! It has affected me even being able to do my motherly duties as well as even be able to work! I am praying for all of us!!!
Here is what is happening to everyone as best as I can make out: you are all ingesting some sort of foreign substance that is causing a complete imbalance of your system, which your body has had bouts with for so long it is completely drained of resources to combat this. I can link this with a possibility that I've researched. It has to do with your air.

There are really two possibilities for what you all are facing and I'll explain simply. The first is what the symptoms are, and that they are recurring. This leads me to believe it is either something that you are all frequently ingesting, whether through diet or normal breathing, or it is something that is dormant in your cells. As it is a common trait between you all, and something that is dormant is not this widespread, I would opt for the former explanation, that it is something that you all ingest regularly.

If you all spend the majority of your time indoors and/or in the same building, I might be able to suggest something. Now I've noticed that this suggestion may not be new as some of you already have these but from some of the research that I've done I can say that the single air purifier units don't really do the job necessary. What I'm suggesting is a Polarized Air Filter, which is rated for an entire home and from my own experience works very well.

I used to have problems with my air, but like you all I couldn't really link it to the air quality. I spoke with a colleague of mine who knew more about it than I, and she told me about this normal problem that can be remedied with this air purifier. I researched it and tried it out for myself and found that she was right in her diagnosis. Based on this I readily suggest this to you all now.

The Polarized Media Filters are a filter that creates a static field around the filter which attracts particles in the air to the fibers of the actual filter. In this way it becomes a much more efficient filter than the normal paper filter which simply stands in the way of the airflow. It's a filter that is simple to work and use and doesn't need a professional to put it in, although most professionals who do install these would most likely recommend it. You would just slide it into your furnace where the normal house filter would usually go.

The best place for price that I've found is at www.airlifeone.com. I'd further look for the Electrobreeze brand which is cheaper than the other but in essence is the same product. And if you have any questions for these people I've found they're very easy to work with.

Now the reason I found that the single room purifiers don't necessarily work is because the nature of air is to move around within any area that it is presented. So essentially this single room purifier is still trying to muscle the entire house from one area. That is unless you close off that room. But with the price of getting one in each room as compared with this one filter I think that you'd be paying a lot more to have an efficient system the other way.

Well, I apologize for this post being so long, but I wanted to make sure I gave enough information to you all to help.
I feel your pain; I went back to my primary doctor yesterday for this exact problem. I could handle the seasonal allergies but the dizziness, ear pressure and fatigue was making it impossible to do any thing. My allergist has me on ZertecD 2 times a day and a combination of two sprays mixed in the same bottle (Astelin & Rising) one is a steroid and the other is antihistamine. My primary doctor seems to think that I am suffering from Station Tube Dysfunction caused by the swelling in my sinuses, I haven't found much on the web about it but I was given another steroid called Methylprednisolone and plain Mucinex (not MucinexD or DM) to help treat the swelling or compression of the station tube running from my sinuses to my ear. So far so good but this the first morning of treatment. I plan to update this forum if this helps. I was very pleased to find this page; it helped to know I was not alone.
Ok, this is what I found on the web:Eustachian Tube Dysfunction.

I quess with my Eustachian tube blocked all I heard was Station tube.

http://www.csmedcenter.com/HealthToolsAndContent/Article.aspx?chunkiid=100683
I am happy I found this website. I really didn't believe that there were people like me around. I sent a comment yesterday, but I guess it got lost or I don't know how to do all this.  Anyway, I'm wondering why some researcher couldn't round people like us and try to figure out what is causing this and why we are so sick?  They spend millions on cancer, heart, aids, etc. why can't somebody try to help us?  I'd donate my body to science if they'd figure out the problem to  help others, but I'd rather them figure it out while I'm alive and help me too!
I am on my 3rd day of treatment as mentioned above plus it has rained here in Louisville and I am feeling about 80 % better, this leads me to believe that the problems I am having are caused by allergies. I also feel a little better at night when the seasonal allergies are not as high. We have had a very long dry summer, with the lack of rain; record amount of days in the 90's and the start of fall there has been no relief.

As for fatigue and dizziness, this is what I believe is going on (with me any how) The sinuses swell from whatever it is that I am allergic to and puts pressure on the Eustachian tube (the tube running from your sinus to your ear) From there your ears start feel pressure and you begin to feel light headed and dizzy.  I have found that I start to freak out a bit when I feel the ear pressure and it affects my breathing, in other words I start to panic and when you panic you release adrenalin when this happens your breathing changes, you take shallow breaths and deprive your self of the oxygen your body needs causing you to feel dizzy and flat wore out. If you have ever had a full blown panic attack then you know what I am talking about, I don’t have a full panic attack but the same thing is going on in my body to cause the sensations that I am having. I do admit that this is the worst allergy year for me but I understand that we had a mild winter and a long summer. I can only pray for snow at this point.

I hope if nothing else that somebody will relate to what I am saying and try to minimize your symptoms buy remaining calm and holding out for that first frost.

Thanks for your link on CFIDS. I have CFIDS and for many years, thought my symptoms were due to severe allergies ! I remember they gave me allergy shots and they made me so ill the following day. My allergist insisted that I continue with the shots, but I refused to. Years later, physicians' told me that I did the right thing. I have since learned that sublingual therapy and homeopathy are the best treatments for allergies (my opinion.. of course). For those people here with muscle aches, dizziness, heart palpitations, headaches, sinusitis and other symptoms... I recommend checking out the CFIDS Association of America website and taking their quiz, "Do I Have CFIDS"? I would also recommend going without sugar, dairy products, wheat (gluten) and corn (including cornstarch) for at least 3 weeks. One thing I learned is there are people who are intolerant to wheat, but do not have Celiac Disease. Also intolerance to wheat (gluten) is common in patients with CFIDS.

I have just put a comment under 'Allergies, Chemical intolerance and Endometriosis' and just read this thread. My first reaction is to wonder how many of these posts are from women. Please read my post and see if anything in my situation is similar to yours. My case must be extreme and most people probably wouldn't go on to get what I did but I am convinced that the reason that some women's life is hell with allergies is that they also have an intolerance to oestrogen and their immune systems juggle hormone imbalances with all these other infections and allergens. Are any of you having period or cyclic symptoms but perhaps not making connections? Keep a diary and note your symptoms every day including if you have any infections (women obviously!) and see if your dizziness, brain fog etc increases mid cycle. We are so used to being told everything is PMS that you might not be aware of anything happening at ovulation. Buy a home ovulation kit and find out what day you ovulate and see you have peculiar symptoms at that time - or in the days around it. A female friend of mine suffers just like the people posting these comments with multiple allergies and she got really ill with fatigue etc. Another friend, a gynaecologist, suggested she take a low oestrogen contraceptive pill to see if it made any difference if she stopped ovulating and she has never looked back. She is 48 though and this would not be a long-term treatment for a young girl as it could thin the bones but it might identify if an oversensitivity to oestrogen is involved. The pill she uses is called Cerazette.
Just to add to my comment - I had continuous catarrh and infections from the age of mid 20's till 50 with antibiotcs every few months throughout, umpteen nasal sprays plus a septplasty and grommet insertion. That operation was only 6 years ago and was horrendous. The grommet was instantly and massively infected and the infection felt as if it was raging through my head for the next 3 years regardless of any antibiotics. The timing of that op coincided exactly with having an HRT implant in and that was when hell even previously unknown set it. So the op made no difference at all. BUT from about 9 months after the last of the oestrogen would have ran out in my system (after the last implant) I never had another infection again after what had been continous ones for the previous 25 years or so!! AND the dizziness and general apparent brain malfunction finally went too. I still have bad right side head pain (my infections were all right-sided) and squelching noises there every time I move but think there must be some fluid trapped somewhere after the last raging infection that is yet to be resolved. But oestrogen was without doubt what sent my immune system so over the edge that it could not cope with anything else.
Well, I think I have found out what my problem is.  Its Texas!  I left for several days (once to New Orleans and once to Missouri) and was fine the whole time I was gone.  As soon as I got back in my area I started sneezing and having sinus burning, and as soon as I got home the dizziness started again.  Part of me is relieved because maybe I don't have a brain tumor or something  horrible, but next question is, now what?  I live on a family ranch and there's no way I can move.  It was so wonderful not to be sick, even for a little while.  Funny thing is my mind was even more alert, I wasn't clumsy and bumping into stuff, and no headaches!  Guess my allergy shots were a waste of time & money! Maybe I need to concentrate on enhancing my immune system?
Hi everyone.  Reading this forum is making me realise what a massive problem this is.  I have been suffering teribbly with allergy/sinus problems and have been off work for 4 months. Saw 2 ENTs before finally being referred to an allergy specialist and had the testing done- found dust, pollenn, cat etcs allergies.  I have horrible face/neck pain, headaches and a feeling of my throat being constantly clogged up.  It has made me so down I keep crying and feels like its taking over my life.  Im meant to be marrying next year and should be the happiest ive ever been, but instead of that some days i feel like giving up.  I don't want to live like this.  Im on so many different medications and nothing seems to work for me.  Currently on antibiotic, steroid nose drops and antihistimines and have anti-allergy bedding etc etc.  Still i suffer.  I can't remember what its like to wake up feeling well.  I miss my job, my life and some days its unbearable.

I too feel that doctors aren't doing enough and don't seem to fully understand how awful allergies can be. Until i got diagnosed with a specialist i felt like my doctor didn't really believe it was anything.  Its so frustrating when you know your  own body but you feel people don't understand.  Ive felt ive had to push all the time for help and finally ive got diagnosed.  Some use that is though when nothing helps me.  I would recommend anyone suffering in this way to keep pushing the doctors and don't just be fobbed off.

Im sat up writing this as today has been yet another awful day and i can't sleep.  

I wish you all the best of luck and I hope we all find a way through this nightmare.
Just wanted to ask , have you been tested for dust mite allergy?  I have found that anti allergy bedding at least helps me not to sneeze too much in the night
How do we know when we're allergic to our houses?  I live in an old house, and we are trying to get rid of the carpet, but in the process, we're having to do some repairs, as we found some moldy places.  All the stirring up the dust is really hard, but I hope it helps.  Is there a way to find out if our house is toxic to us?  I really feel sorry for Laumandu, but keep on trying.  Something odd that happened yesterday.  I was just SO dizzy that I could hardly stand it.  I kept dropping stuff and knocking stuff over.  I sat at the kitchen table, put my head down on the table and cried and cried. Of course, I was praying for help from God.  Well, either God helped me, or something relieved pressure or something, because that afternoon, I felt much better.  Who knows.  Any ideas?
Hi Sally,   Im really sorry you are suffering so much. I too feel that my house may be the problem as its an old house and seems to have a mouldy smell in one of the bedrooms but im unsure where its coming from as theres no visable mould.  I think you are doing the right thing getting rid of the carpet as that should help.  Im unable to in my house as im only renting and so am stuck with the carpets unfortunately.  At times I wonder if this house is making me sick as I was okay before I moved here 18mths ago.  I spend most of my time here as I have had to go off sick from work and despite my treatments I still am not much better.  Its so wearing at times and I understand exactly how you must feel.  I have days when I get so upset as its exhausting feeling like this so much.  I do wonder at times 'is it the house'?   Maybe its the dust as its an old house and I do have a dust allergy.  It feels like my allergies have got out of control though, going from hayfever to being constant and severe at times.  Im currently on steroids and antibiotics and they arent' giving me much relief.
I have just ordered buffered vitamin C tablets and garlic oil capsules as a lady on the forum told me this helped her alot, as vitamin c is meant to be a natural antihistime. I am going to give this a try and see if it helps me too.  She was suffering badly and says it has improved her symptoms alot.  Anything is worth a try. Unfortunately the treatments the doctor gives don't seem to do much, so Im trying any alternative as im so desperate.  If anyone out there knows of anything that works???
My symptoms suddently got worse from May onwards and I haven't a clue why.  I can't think of anything I am eating or drinking or breathing differently!

I hope your symptoms settle Sallyjane as I understand the nightmare that it is.  Its helped me alot discovering this forum as it makes you realise there are so many of us out there suffering who understand how awful it can be.
Thanks for responding.  I've tried some C supplements too, but have to be careful with meds.  I recently bought a couple of air filters that helped me a lot.  They're Honeywell 50250s.  I got them online on sale if you're interested.  Anyway, I'm also not working for the same reason.  Its just too much effort.  Most people just have no idea and think I'm nuts.  I don't know where you live or why you have to stay there, but I'd move so fast it wouldn't be funny, especially since you say you weren't sick before.  I'd find the newest, cleanest, smallest space I could find.  It could be something in your environment outside though.  That's why I bought the air filters.
I had a sister that had allergies really really bad all her life, she died of heart attack, but I worked for her and learned how to live in an allergy free house, sort of.  Unfortunately, it's taken my husband 10 years to figure out that this is serious.   We live in the country, and there was a huge fire near us 2 years ago and that's when all the vertigo started.  I had a horrible sinus infection and lung infection after the fire and it took me 4 months to get better.  I think something may have happened in my inner ear or something, because I"ve never been the same since.  I would have never thought that allergy could make somebody feel so bad.  I think I hear my sister talking to me beyond the grave, saying "see, I told you so!"

Hi Sally, thanks for replying.  My partner and I have had a chat and decided we are going to move.  We have seen a house that looks much better and are going to go and see it.  I think your right, I need to get out of here.  My partners son has been sneezing and itching since staying this weekend, and so I think this house is just not healthy.
I understand what you mean by peoples thoughts on it, as I have the same thing, people just don't see allergies as a serious thing do they.  They have no idea how much they can change your life for the worse and make you depressed.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  I have to go back to work soon or I lose my pay, but am so worried as im still suffering alot with it.  Its been good to find this site as I feel a little better by being connected to other people who understand what its like to live with.

Ive tried air filters but they havent' helped much for me unfortunately. I think moving house would be a start hopefully. We hope to be moving end December.

I live in England (UK) near a town.  I wish you all the best and hope things get better for you.
I am curious is any of you suspect there might be a correlation between severe allergies and high cholesterol?  All my siblings have both... Any of you?
Hi Sally, Not that Im aware of I don't think so
The problem is to take a pill or use allergy relieves which are chemicals I don't think does any good. We only treating the symptoms. So many people has allergies now days and I think the reason is because we take too much chemicals and our body can't deal with normal circumstances any more and over reacts. I've been using Mite Nix in my home for years, which is organic and natural, I would not wanna use anything else. Just makes more sense for me to use something that has no chemicals in it.
Hello! I'am so glad I came across this page.  Like all of you I have suffered from headaches,facial pressure,sneezing ,clear nose running and upper jaw soreness.  This is an everyday thing for me.  Last fall I finally went to an ENT. He did a CT Scan and determined I had an deviated septum. I had the surgery and It didnt work at all.  I still have all the same symptons.  I'am going back to him on Friday.  I'am going to have him refer me to an allergist.  I feel so much better reading everyones story. I was convinced for awhile I had some sort of brain tumor.  Because of this I have had anxiety attacks.  I was perscribed Zanax.  When I'am feeling really bad I take one.  Wish me luck at the ENT. CKL
I would suggest researching Candida, just google it or maybe read the book "The Yeast Connection".  Almost all of the symptoms I have read are caused by the overgrowth of this candida fungus.  Moldy homes can worsen the symptoms of Candida overgrowth, new carpet smells as well as other chemical smells cause reactions and worsen symptoms in Candida patients.  Numerous allergies can be caused by candida, chronic fatigue, anxiety, and depression are caused by candida overgrowth.  Not saying all depressed people have a candida problem...but it is something that fits the symptoms I have read.  CFIDS is basically a made-up name that describes the symptoms, chronic fatigue and immune disfunction, and studies have indicated a link between CFIDS and candida; that is why many/most do better without sugar, gluten and have food allergies.  

Avoid sugar and yeast products and even try anti-fungals, see if you get better.  Most are able to handle food they were previously allergic to after removing/treating the Candida.
I have been having severe allergy symptoms for almost eleven months, fatigue, inflammation,  joint pain, shortness of breath, wheezy, hypersensitivity, rashes etc. this all started after a trip to the Dominican when I took Cipro to prevent infection from contaminated water or food. I had a severe reaction to the drug. Every since then it's been all downhill. It's as if my immune system went completely haywire. I've been on antibioitc, antivirals, seeing doctors every since but to no avail. Prednisone has not even worked. I've even had 2 bouts of shingles. I'm in a great deal of pain and so frustrated! Has anyone else had this type of experience with Cipro?
I too suffer from severe allergies, have been since 1975. My experience
is that doctors are useless because I have tried them of course. Sometimes I wonder why they are even in business except to get money from desperate people. When you are drowning I guess you grasp at straws.

Thankfully I do not suffer from depression or fatigue but my biggest problem is runny nose, almost constant runny nose so I blow my nose a lot. Mucous gets into my lungs and I have to cough up the mucous
and spit.

Has anyone tried wearing a mask? If pollen is causing our problems
I am certainly willing to wear a mask around the house or when sleeping
if it will help.
Hi - I have severe allergies, too.  They seem to get worse, the older that I get.  I have had sinus surgery, and it almost seems worse now!  I am allergic to everything, and yes, it is very frustrating, and can make you feel very sad.  I have tried all medicines.  The prednisone does help for a while, but as someone stated they won't give it to you for long.  I am on antibiotics now, and woke up at 3am with an itching, allergic reaction, and my throat on fire, red, red, red.  Called my doctor, doubled my antihistimine, nasal sprays, etc.  Do sinus rinses.  I do have 2 dogs, but try to keep the house clean.  I am actually thinking of paying someone to do the cleaning now!  I have been tested, but have not started regular shots, because I am not sure it is worth it, to have to wait 1-3 years, to see if it even works.  Especially, having to pay a co-pay for each shot. I am just not sure what to do anymore either....   I do wear a mask when cleaning.
I have allergies to fresh fruits, all trees (except the sycamore) and cats, tomatoes...etc...to say the least, during the season, i'm miserable.  I've tried claritan, singular, zyrtec, etc, etc.  They worked once but now, nothing...interesting, i doubled up on meds and was still miserable so to go to sleep so i didn't have to deal with it any longer, i took Nyquil....odd thing happened, my allergies went away....i looked on the label and noticed it had a different kind of antihistamine then my usual medication....could it be i found the key?  I doubt, but maybe some of you can try too and see if it helped you?!!!!  Good luck, i'm going to try again and see, was it luck or reality?
I have severe allergies too.  I have tried everything you can think of.  My nose runs constantly, sometimes all night and it keeps me awake.  Last night I was awake all night sneezing and coughing and then I could barely make it at work.  I feel like a zombie because I hardly ever get a good night's sleep anymore.  I have to take sleeping pills to knock me out so that I can get any sleep at all.  I'm miserable and no medication seems to help me.  But it is nice to know that there are other people who feel the way that I do.  I know what you are going through and I am thinking about you.
I went through that about 5 years ago and found an incredible solution.   It's basically a "diet" book and I realized every time I did it my allergies were so much better.  I contacted them through their website and found out they have this biochemistry testing that shows you exactly what your body is lacking/needing.  I was in a depression, fatigued and had so many allergies.  Now my immune system is so strong, I'm sure I still have the allergies but I never have any symptoms.  
I think (on a really basic level) what happens is you are allergic to something and your nasal passages/sinuses swell up to the point where stuff can't drain properly, and it causes a sinus infection (sinusitis).  i have extreme allergies and this happens to me every few months, so i feel everyone's pain, the only thing you can do is take claritin-D/ manage your allergies so that this swelling thing doesn't happen.

i have been diagnosed as allergic to "dust", so its kinda hard to avoid, but really there is no reason to panic or become worried and depressed.  as much as sinus infections suck, and trust me, i'm a baby and they are the worst, there are far worse things in the world to worry about.  just get your doctor to give you some antibiotics.  you'll be good enough in no time ...
Sorry continuation, but only b/c I totally sympathize ... long story short, try to get on an antibiotic for a minimum on 7 days, 2 pills/day and see if that helps (the regular ones will work, like Amoxicillin).  

it seems like everyone here is on the same page - really f-ing miserable and not getting better and its annoying when your friends/family/etc don't get it.

this antibiotic solution has helped me.  NOTE: if you are a girl, be sure to eat a ton of yogurt or take the pro biotic Acidophilus, which doesn't actually appear to do much aside from put back the good bacteria that the antibiotic kills off.  Also, use backup birth control FYI when you take antibiotics (I hear).  This will prevent other really unpleasant infections from happening while you are fixing you sinus infection. I don't think I need to elaborate on that ...

I can't tolerate allergy shots and so this is what I did:

1) I saw an ENT to make sure that I didn't need sinus surgery. Well guess what ? I did need sinus surgery and so I had surgery in 2002.

2) I experimented with homeopathy and found out that it does work ! It is very cheap... available without a prescription and now I know why Prince Charles and the Queen of England use it. It actually eliminated a couple of my allergies altogether.

3) I found out from a physician who works with Andrew Weil about sublingual therapy. It may or may not be available in the U.S.... but it is safer than allergy injections. Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublingual_immunotherapy

to all my  sinus friends i am so happy that i found you here i have been getting sick with this stupid sinus for almost a year . i feel fear panick even some time i fell like an old car that it needs a lot of parts  to run dizzy every day no happy i call sick to work every day . i can handle every thing the only thing that i hate is fearness from zero . some time i get up from bed i go out side  doctors they dont want help you soon . guys listen to me ...  there is  a midicen that is acoluptus worm it up for 20 miniuts ten bend your head face to it for 10 miniuts till you sweat enough then cover your body sleep for 2 hours , then you will know the difference
Hi :)

I guess I belong in here as well. As selfish as it sounds I take comfort reading through the posts in the thread, of course I wish we all felt better. Knowing that others are out there looking for answers and have the same problems does make you feel better though.

I have been ill now for roughly 3 years, what has brought this on I have no idea. When you are sick for so long and you include constant fatigue, headaches, and anxiety, it is very easy to slip in depression, especially when you look for answers from medical professionals and they cant provide them, I am talking about are own local Dr’s rather than the ones here. I guess if our own local Dr’s had the answers then we wouldn’t find the need for posting on medical websites :)

My own symptoms include :

Persistent dull headaches
Persistent sinus problems (Inflammation)
Pain behind eyes
Gum inflammation
Heartburn
Post Nasal drip (Thick mucus)
Neck pain
Mild anxiety (I seem to be controlling it)
Pressure in ears
Jaw clicking, popping (Wear night guard)
Fatigue
Lack of motivation, concentration
Heavy slow heartbeat (At times)

I have had the mri’s, ct scans, ecg’s and blood tests that always come back normal, and strangely that leaves me disappointed, when someone tells you that they cant find a problem it should be a celebration, but instead I feel let down lol

I am currently awaiting blood allergy testing results, I look forward to them.

Anyone feeling depressed or down should turn that into determination to finding answers, that’s what I have done. Try to relax also and enjoy your life, I know it sounds so easy
Hi I feel terrible as well. I am allergic to everything every kind of pollen, dust, and many trees etc. I was disgnosed last year, take zyrtec daily and nasonex, no help so far. Last night I was breathing through my mouth so much that my tongue swelled up a bit and was painful to get back into my mouth. I cant stand it.. the headches, the sneezing the runny nose, congestion itchy eyes red and swollen. Sometimes it is painful to even sneeze. I cant stand it/ I am sorry to see so many people in this same misery. I feel like I cannot function
Suicidal thoughts.. I would never act upon these bc of my family but I will say this is the first time I have ever in my life had these thoughts...

I started with serve allergies infections al lthe time so went to my GP because I have so many in a year adviced ENT doctor so got CT scan and I have a deveated septum and severe sinunitus... great so they send me to an allergist and I am tested... I am allergic to so much and the doc and nurses were even like poor child I am only 24 and I am so angry, depressed and so much more... from all of this I take 300mg of allegra, 3 times a day breathing treatments, tylenol, allergy drops (for those who dont know same as shots) and nothing is helping. Everyone thinks I am lazy and I am not I am so tired all the time or my stomach hurt or now my face and hands are tingling and pulsating and this has been happening for over 2 years now its driving me insane I dont know what to do and of course now I have no insurance so all of this cost me so much money but with out even this little help I feel worse even though still feel like ****...

I am going insane seriously.... I dont do anything and everyone is alway bothering me bc they dont understand... come on your only 24 why dont you go out do things your young.. well who the hell has to energy or feel go enough....

I am sorry if I am offending anyone but I am so angery and sad.

If anyone finds anything that works wonders please email me at ***@**** seriously I dont know how much more I can do this.
I was everyday with allergies and asthma.  Everyday i had medicines for my allergies and they did nothing.  I recommend a miracleee!! Natural pills called BEE POLLEN.  You can find them in the pharmacy or natural center. From the first day I did not had allergies nor asthma or take another pill never again.  
I've lived with severe allergies: hives, sinus problems, asthma, dizziness, headaches etc etc etc.  I have food allergies as well as all the others.  You name it.  I had more of an issue when I was around 23 due to stress and I think I had to get prednisone shots more than ever. All due to terrible hives and choking that seemed more like anaphylaxis which then caused infection after infection from having too much steroid.  Ofcourse that was better than throwing up daily, the skin problems, trouble getting up and never really getting sleep from the sleep apnea. Subsequently which caused depression and a full blown break down two years later.  Doctors constantly caulked it up to Chronic fatigue or the like.  I had a full endoscopy by 26 that found swelling and they still couldn't figure out jack.  Pretty freaking frustrating. They wanted a biopsy, at which I said hell no!  It was another careless doctor with no belief of how a young person can be SO sick.  

At that point my trust in doctors went out the door.  I researched and started an elimination diet and figured out I had a bad wheat allergy.  Spent 3 years eating mostly organic soups I made at home with rice only (gluten free products weren't so accessible back then). It took all my will power, but I felt better. My depression was gone, but I still had bad allergies just not as severe and still had to go get steroids every so often for bad flare ups.

Soon after  I got lucky enough to work for a holistic doctor.  I spent about a year cleansing and taking a medical grade food supplement on and off a couple times.  I'm not hokey and I don't mean to push products, but it's the only thing that made life less miserable thereafter.  He had me on Metagenics Ultraclear (rice based) and honestly it tastes terrible and I was too wimpy to take the higher potency.  Basically, cleans out your system and the higher level cleans your liver which most natural docs consider where your allergies and skin issues and stress reside (yes it's all related).

Metagenics supplements are medical grade and can only be prescribed by a doc or bought at a holistic pharmacy.  Also, even through you can buy it online, don't do it without proper supervision.  For example if you take the higher level type cleanser right away you can make yourself REALLY sick and even go to the hospital.  The Supplements have no drugs and are just vitamins and herbs, but don't let that fool you!

Remember to: Just keep hopeful that you can research and find something to help you cope.  Doctors are generally taught to fix the complaint and not the person, or treat the symptom and not the underlying cause, but the compassionate and dedicated ones take the time for both.  Keep seeking information and keep looking for a doctor you trust, period.  A good doctor told me once, "No one knows your body like you, not even a doctor."  
I am so grateful to have found this site and to know I am not the only one with this problem (although I wouldn't wish it on anyone.)  I can relate to everything people here have said, and after severe allergies since age 7 I am now in my 30s and have finally just reached my limits-  unable to function, severe fatigue, and being unable to work or do anything else.  I have been on allergy medications and shots for most of my life, had 2 ENT surgeries, and minimal relief.  I have also moved several times to a new area, and my allergies would be better until 6-12 months later when I became sensitized to the pollens in the area.  Like most everyone else, I am  allergic to pollen, dust, mold, dogs/cats, corn, nuts, and yeast.  I have tried dietary modifications and supplements with little to no improvement, and am currently trying accupuncture treatments, but cannot tell if they are helping very much.  I also have become depressed as I have no quality of life, unable to do anything, feel horrible all the time.  What also makes this so difficult is that no one else understands how I feel and why I sleep so much.  I try not to let people know about it, but those close to me know and still don't understand (think its all in my head, due to depression or laziness, etc.)  I have also recently developed daily asthma attacks, which I rarely had in the past.  I guess my only other option at this point is homeopathy, which I will try.  It is hard to keep going everyday when I don't see any hope of things getting better.  I have already been divorced and lost my job (which I need to pay bills) due to allergies, I just don't know what else to do if the homeopathy doesn't work.  Thanks for being here and letting me express how I feel to people who understand.  Peace and love to you all.
I am so grateful that I found this forum...I have suffered from allergies of some sort (skin, nose, etc) on and off most of my life. However I would say that my allergies have gotten severe for about 8 years now. I have gone to endless doctors, allergists, ENT, specialists, chiro, holistic...trying to find answers.

Things I suffer from:
Issue#1:
Chronic itching of the skin (mostly on my legs) so bad that I had scabs and would blead I literally put a butter knife to my leg one day. I was a teen when this was at its worse and I had flare ups on and off.

Solution: About 3 years ago (at the age of 27) I went to a holistic doctor in hopes that they would help me. They did - I can't believe it but they indicated that the problem was with my liver. They gave a 90 day body cleansing that consisted of drops and then what I think did the trick was chinese herbs that I took for about a month and a half. It completely went away and has not been back since. I am trying to fix the scars now. I am so grateful for this and try to tell everyone about it.

Issue #2:
Severe allergies - causes sinus pressure, itchy watery eyes, conjestion - you name it. It is so bad that I can not function at work at times - I literally have paper attached to my nose. Gone to all kinds of doctors - the only thing is the steroid (Predinsone) that works but can't be on that for long. I have been on nasal sprays, Zyrtecf, allegra, clartin, and recently xyzal - guess what none of them work. I have tried netipot and sinus rinses but nothing yet.

Solution: Still looking for it. My ENT wants me to get nasal surgery just to clean out all the mess that has occured in there - pulups, and nasal disease - also to expand the cavitiy for proper drainage. He did indicate that this would not relieve the issue of allergies that I need to remove the allergen. Well I have 2 dogs that I am trying to get rid of - my house is the cleanest it ever has been...

Growing up my father pushed a lot of homeopathic items on me - and I truly believe in it greatly! I lived on Bee Pollen and Royal Jelly when I was younger and did not have the nasal allergy issues that I have now. I will be trying to go back to a homepathic doctor for this.

Due to my allergies I have also created an issue where I have bumps on the inside part of my eye lids - it feels like sandpaper or staples in my eyes. Again go to an eye doctor and they indicate it is my allergies - steroid drops are the only thing that take it away but the sideeffects are horrible and I can't be on it forever.

I am reseraching when I found this site - I just had my second baby which is about 3 weeks old right now and I am experiencing a break out this morning. Logged in and found this site.

The weirdest thing of all (not sure if anyone else has experienced this) - I had absolutely no allergies or symptoms during either of my pregnancies and I was on no medicine. I know my ENT thinks I'm nuts - but it is so true and all of my friends and family see it too. Today after 3 weeks of giving birth it is back again and guess what the dogs were always here too during pregnancy nothing changed!

This leads me to believe that it has to be hormonal or some kind of chemical imbalance of some sort. obviously my body mayber produced something during pregnancy that fixed the issue. Look I don't know but I am so determined to find the answer. If I find anything I will let everyone know....I can no longer take this. I totally understand when someone indicated that it interferes with there motherly duties and life.

Thank you to all for sharing and I will be watching this discussion and learning how to operate within this forum.

Soonerman posted something in March 08, that I recently found out myself. Did anybody follow up on that?  Anyone with weird combo type problems and recurrent sinus/ear infections/problems should look at that suggestion. I know we all want an easy answer, well sorry, not always the case.

Thanks for your post, Soonerman, people need to hear it, I'm trying too. Hard to get people to see it, but I have that problem, I believe. Since treating myself with homeopaths I feel better. Docs couldn't help over my lifetime, finally got so bad, I decided to do it myself. 47 years old, can breathe fully thru my nose for first time.

Dpthots is correct - all of my symptoms relate to that Candida as well - I am currently researching and truly believe in homeopathic therapy as it has proven to help me in the past. All I can say to everyone is just hang in there and don't give up trying new things...its a slow process but I believe it gets better.

Yes, it is a slow process, but I think it slowly over took me, so it might take a while to be rid of it. Kind of like losing weight. I improve daily, and it has been about a month now. I couldn't accomplish that with my Doctors. I could ask for an antifungal med, but really don't want to talk to medical people, after all my years of trying to figure out what was wrong, and finally learning what I did.

I have some links that seem really solid, from MD's and Medical websites. And yes, doctors (some) are now in the homeopathic camp. Here is one I refer to a lot. If you read down, I believe the Dr uses GSE (see the article) to diagnose Candida.

Hope you find this as helpful as I did- Thanks for your comment.

http://www.drlwilson.com/Articles/candida.htm
hey guys, i don't know about you but i'm starting to have suicidal thoughts, i've been feeling like this for over 10 years now, i'm 25 and it's become something normal that i don't want to live like this anymore, i'm only ok 1 out of 7 days a week, my eyes burn like hell, my mouth gets dry even though i drink 4 gallons of water a day, my nose is about to explode and doctors don't know a damn about wat i have, they're stupid and i don't trust them, i'm hopeless and lost all faith... There's days when i don't want to know about anything, i don't want anyone looking me into the eyes and i have anxiety attacks because of this ****, i'm guessing i'll slit my wrists within the next months.
Growing up.
My entire life I was prone to regular ear and throat infections. When I was 14 I didn’t have problems with acne like other kids my age. Instead I had two lovely patches of eczema that would appear on my cheeks throughout the winter and only once did I get it on my back after a severe sunburn. While my brother and sister were constantly faking sick to get out of school, I was faking feeling good so that I could go. I got sent home sick quite a bit
That was my normal. It was always like that and I got used to it. I never thought that it was that bad and I never thought it could get any worse.
Something happened to me.
Age 22 (Summer): I started having flu like symptoms every 2 weeks. It was ridiculous because I had never had to really blow my nose before. I always thought that was weird when I was a kid. I didn’t get crazy runny noses, I was always more stuffed up.
Age 23 (Fall-Winter): I woke up one day to find that the eczema that I used to only get on my face in the winter, had now traded my face for the rest of my body. Since then I have had eczema all over, year round. In the winter I finally got an appointment with an allergist who told me that I had allergies to cats and dogs. I thought that was weird as I had grown up with these pets and never had allergy symptoms. He also told me I was allergic to cigarette smoke, feathers, dust mites and guinea pigs. He said it was interesting because from his test results I had no seasonal allergies. I avoided these things, which was difficult as we have a guinea pig who I no longer touch 
I only felt worse.
Age 24(Fall): After moving to Toronto, I got an appointment with a allergist who also works with special conditions/diseases. After his testing we found that the majority of my problems were coming from an overwhelming amount of food allergies. As someone who ate pretty healthy, he found my weight very odd. This was because it was not an anaphylactic allergy. My body responded to my allergen foods by bloating and poisoning my immune system. The food allergy list, if you don’t already know it, is quite extensive. It consists of the following food families:
Dairy
Wheat
Oats
Barley
Yeast
Gluten
Corn
Mustard Foods
Nightshade Vegetables
Mold related foods

I also had environmental/seasonal allergies. The worst ones being mold, grasses, and ragweed.
I changed my diet and my life.  Before, when I ate an allergen food, I would just bloat because my system was so used to it. Now, when I eat an allergen food, I will vomit and everything will flare up. Of course I saw a difference and things started to feel better. But then they got worse. Now that the indoor allergies were under control, the outdoor ones decided to invade. I got a lot worse sinus-wise. I went back to the allergist who prescribed sprays and pills. When those did not work, he said our next step was to start shots. I received two shots a week for the last four months. One for grasses and ragweed, the other for molds. The only difference I have noticed is that now some allergy pills will actually relieve some of my symptoms. The issue is that when I take the pills that are working, my head becomes foggy and I tend to get fatigued. I learned from one of my doctors that this is because even though a medication says non drowsy, the dosage is so strong that it will still have that affect. Especially Benadryl.

This morning I woke up and I almost wish I hadn’t. The pain was so bad. Headache, eye ache, facial swelling, and by 9 am I am halfway through my second box of Kleenex. I had to close all the windows and write off my Saturday because if I step outside I wont be able to breathe. This is the first of many beautiful days that I will not be able to enjoy. I read an entire forum and balled my eyes out knowing that there are several people out there (mostly women) suffering from the same problems I am having and none of them have been able to find relief. All the specialists and treatments and some have even had surgeries, with no results. In most cases, such as mine, it is getting worse as time goes on.

When I went for that second allergy consultation in September of 2009, I weighed 170lbs.

This morning I weighed in at 119lbs.

I am 25 years old and the only thing that I get any enjoyment out of anymore is working and watching TV with my boyfriend. I love my job but my allergies are starting to affect it. I stay in and watch TV because I can’t eat or drink in restaurants, other people’s houses usually contain pets, and now I cant even go outside without feeling sick. It is affecting my boyfriend because he can’t sleep with my sneezing and scratching, and what good is watching TV when your eyes randomly swell.

I have been pushing through this for 2 years. I try to put it out of my head and just go on with my day, but it’s getting harder. I don’t understand. I have a good life. I try so hard to stay healthy. I don’t think most people would be able to make this many changes in this small amount of time. I did and I am proud of myself for it. I am only human and yes sometimes I get depressed that I am not feeling any better and I will say screw it and eat candy. But most days I am proud of how strong I have been.

Today just wasn’t one of those days. I took a picture. I don’t know why. It’s terrible and it’s how I feel today.

One good thing though. Out of my fear of the sun damaging my skin even more, I starting covering myself in sunscreen. I am at work, indoors, for about 9-11 hours a day and I still wear it. I have found in this little bit of paranoia, that the sunscreen is actually keeping my skin moisturized all day and in turn my eczema is clearing up. Of course by the end of the day I am itchy again, but at least I know a way to prevent it for the better part of my day.

I have another appointment with my allergist on Monday. I guess we’ll see what he has to say about all this. He was the first doctor who actually listened to me. I hope he can do a lot more.

P.S. I sneezed 62 times while typing this.
MY allergist said to use the netipot every morning and evening, which I tried but it didn't work too much.  What works the absolute best for me is a combo of Zyrtec, Singulair, and Flonase nasal spray all year round and when I have an allergy attach (severe itchy eyes, running nose, continual sneezing) I take Tylenol Allergy relief too.

Just FYI...I never thought a nose spray would work because I never gave it at least a month of doing it correctly and methodically, but once I did this, it really does work.

Also, I have a BlueAir air filtration system that cost around $800 but the relief was worth putting it on the credit card.  It does wonders and purifies 900 sq ft of space.
what do you do when your allergic to antihistamines?
hey guys,
i also have severe allergies
those things that help me is nasal cortisone in a higher dose and
butterbur tablets as an antihistamine
as well as inhaling cortisone for the lungs in a higher dose too.
all the best!
hey guys, im 17 this year, i've had sinus headaches since i was 14, i went to many doctors, a neurologitst and even a hospital and could not find any relief or what was wrong with me.
At 16 i went to doctors and got a scan for my neck and it there was a giant gap in the bone structure( i had a stiff neck, so blood had problems flowing to the brain) and was one of the reason my sinus headaches were huge, after going to acupuncture treatment for 3 months i felt better, the treatments feel amazing, clear breathing and no headaches after the 30 minute session was over( they might give your herbal pills or herbal soup to use at home). but pain came back after about 2 day, but less ( this is definitely worth it, trust me :). Acupuncture works by increasing endorphins(i think it is) to make ur body feel better and regualte your blood flow.

i'll admit it hurts a bit,. after the three months of treatment were over i started neck exercises and after a month the headaches were almost gone. I am still however finding it hard to breath from nostril to nostril since i found i had 3 types of allergies, dustmites( this is a common cause), animal fur and grass. ( i found out this from blood test)

For relief i drink lots of water, do neck exercise daily (ask a doctor to recommend you to a physiotherapist) and am currently using rhinocort nasal spray when my nose gets really stuffy.

I tried to be as detailed as I can, thanks for letting me share and I hope all of you get better soon :)
I am going to see a Dr. in LA- Dr. Anita Pepi who is supposed to be great for these types of things.  I have terrible allergies to Bermuda grass, dizziness, fatigue, headaches to name a few.  She does phone consults too.  Google Dr. Pepi and you can read the testimonials which are quite impressive.  
Alana, I've been in your state for the past ten years. Sometimes I feel like not living. All I want is to be able to breathe and sleep normally. To be able to read a book without sneezing, or my nose dripping or not being so congested... It's a daily struggle for me. 365 days of the year. Since i was 14. You're not alone. Stay clear of milk and dairy products In general. They Turn a bad situation into a wAr for me
Hello to all, glad to have stubbled across this forum.  After reading the numerous comments I felt the need to make a wee contribution.  I have also been struggling with constant ear pain, pressure & dull headaches (sinus symptons), numerous courses of antibiotics, CT scan etc for the past  couple of years. After much dicussions with my local GP I visited a ENT today and after a very brief examination & to my surprise I was advised that I was suffering Myofascial Disorder.  As everyone does they research the net (hence me finding this forum) I'm not totally convinced but I do advise to google MD as there are links to the symptoms some of us are experiencing.  Thanks for the opportunity to read your comments and I do hope mine has added some value.  
omg I can relate to having severe allergies. I too suffer from all of the same things as you and it is reassuring to know that im not crazy and that most importantly im not alone.
Guys, I am 42 and have never suffered from ANY kind of allergy until exactly one year ago.  Out of the blue, it came and apparently it is here to stay.  Even this past summer which is "low season for allergies" I was horribly going thru the effects you all are.  What bothers me the most is the fatigue I am feeling.  I thought I was depressed, but turns out after reading all these comments that indeed, fatigue is directly related to this damn allergy disease.

I used to get up at 4 am each morning to do my daily workout.  It's been now a couple of months since I simply cannot do that.  Why? because I spend all night trying to breathe like a normal person and cannot.  Therefore have horrible lack of sleep and feel like sleeping all day long.  

It is a horrible feeling.  Allergies have changed my life for the worse.  Sompe people think allergies are only about sneezing, red eyes and runny nose.  WRONG!!! it goes well beyond that.  And only US writing in this blog can attest to it.  It greatly affect our emotional state too.  

But do you all think our closest relatives, especially our spouses think it's this bad? Doubt it.  Only people who suffer from this know how bad it really is.  

I did the allergy testing about a month ago.  This week is my second week of shots.  It is a bit effort to go thru this process.  Shots each single week, not to mention the cost of the whole process.  No wonder ENTs are so damn rich.  You should see the office of my ENT, it is always packed.  Seems more like a food stamp center.  No kidding.  I have been on allegra and two different nasal sprays plus naphcon eye drops, and this is one cocktail that does not do the trick, trust me.

But, if anyone else finds a really good produc that works on them or a miracle doctor, please do share.  This is a horrible thing to have.
It's 4 pm, I slept like a rock last night, yet I'm ready for a nap.  Pressure behind my eyes, itchy eyes, post-nasal drip, and sneezing.  I am allergic to mold, grasses, and dust mites.  Maybe leaf mold is what's bad now?  At any rate, I was so thankful to find this group.  Misery loves company!  At least I know that I'm not nuts. I've had sinus surgery, am getting allergy shots, and I've reduced indoor allergens as much as possible.  The fatigue can be overwhelming.  When I mention it to the ENT doctor, he looks at me like I just said something ridiculous.  I'm using Veramyst, Singulair, and occasional sudafed.  All the doctor can offer is more CT scans.  I've had at least 6 over the last 10 years.  No more.  I think that moving away from the east coast would help.  I never had allergy problems when I lived in Colorado.  Bad housing market, economy, so not an option.  Best wishes to all of you.  I wish you relief.
I want to thank all of you for sharing your allergy experiences.  I had the occasional, minor seasonal allergies all my life, and then last year we moved in to a new house and I started having what I thought were allergy symptoms.  My doctor diagnosed with antibiotics and steroids.  The symptoms stopped.  My steroids ran out and the symptoms came back even worse.  I couldn't sleep because I couldn't even breathe.  My doctor gave me more antibiotics and steroids.  Again, when the steroids stopped the symptoms came back.  Then my doctor diagnosed me with asthma after I passed out because I couldn't breathe, but she didn't think it was allergies since I just started having problems at 27 yrs. old.  

I eventually saw an allergist, and my skin test was so bad the doctor couldn't distinguish between spots.  I'm on anti-histamines, steroids, and 2 inhalers.  I've covered the vents in my house, my pillows, and my mattress.  I've ripped up carpeting and torn out drywall.  I'm exhausted.  I don't sleep much anymore, and I recently put up a tent in my backyard and am now sleeping outside, which keeps the dust mites away, but the seasonal allergies get worse.

I'm so depressed.  I now have permanent asthma, and even walking to my car causes me to lose my breath.  I used to run every day, and now running 2 min on a treadmill scares me because I can't breathe.  I've been put on so many different medications over the past 18 months that I've lost track of them all.  I can't move because I can't afford to sell my house, and I feel like I've run out of options.
Where do I begin with my allergies... For the past 5 years or so, I've had seasonal allergies but maintained with zyrtec.  During the last two years of college, I noticed that my skin was getting so dry and painful that I would have to lotion my ENTIRE body immediately after showering or else I couldn't move without being in pain.  I was also sweating a lot more during that time (I'm assuming due to allergies).  Because of the combination of the two, my anxiety was getting to me.  It got to the point where I would have panic attacks.  I've been out of college for 2.5 years now and working as a microbiologist for a dairy plant.  Since my time there, my allergies I so terrible I feel like shriveling up and dying.  I go to work and immediately begin sneezing, coughing, itching my eyes, sore throat, drainage, etc.  I feel as though my eyes are giving me the worst pain/discomfort because they burn every second of the day.  My eyelids are extremely red and puffy.  Co-workers will comment on them and when they do, I immediately begin sweating and panicking because it gets to me so bad.  There are times where I dread going to work because I know I look like ****.  I recently went to the allergist and had a ***** test.  They said I'm allergic to basically everything but mold was a big one.  We have a terrible mold problem at our plant so I'm assuming that's the biggest factor of why I'm so miserable at work but with this economy, I can't afford to quit my job.  It's too good of pay to do that.
I'm currently receiving allergy shots but I don't think they are helping at all!  I'm also taking Allegra but I notice no difference on or off them.
Everyday is a huge struggle for me because someone always makes a comment about my eyes or my pale face, and that just puts me into a huge panic attack.  
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks
I suddenly developed terrible allergies that have left me SO exhausted and feeling just plain gross. The exhaustion is out of control! I hate side effects of everything I have tried. However, I started taking Querecetin 500 milligrams and the difference is unbelievable! I don't feel gross at all, no sniffles of sneezes, my eyes are less itchy and my fatigue is only a little sleepiness, nothing debilitating.
Hopefully this will help others.
I have been reading all the post, my heart goes out to you all

please look into candida, it can be triggered by
antibiotics
stress
sugar foods
carbs..... breads, pastries, cakes , slices etc
the pill
and you do NOT have to be allergic to these things to bring on the symptoms  

I found years ago a great way to get rid of a lot of my stress anger frustration etc....
this is not a cure it's
                                         a release

you need a exercise book and call it ( please replace the D with the letter F )

DUCK OFF BOOK
and sit down and write don't think just write
start each sentence with DUCK OFF
it can be a person or an event an allergy...........
there will be issues that come up that you thought you had cleared years ago
there will be things that you had no idea that you were  hanging onto

IT WORKS FOR ME
and helps with my symptoms and there severity
then   able to face the rest
almost every second person in the west is suffering from some allergy,this is not natural,allopathy and so called modern medical science does not have cure for this .Try doing these simple things at home first:
1. first thing in the morning after brushing your teeth,have a glass of lukewarm water,add half a lemon to it and one teaspoon honey.sip it slowly.after some time have another glass.
2.peal a clove garlic,crush it,let it sit for 15 mins,after that swallow it with a few gulps of luke warm water,do this 40 mins after taking the lemon water.do not take garlic pills,they are use less.do not eat anyting for an hour atleast,observe the changes in your body,just relax.You can take a garlic clove 3 times a day, always take it empty stomach,its important that you take one before going to sleep at night.
3. start taking probiotic supplements twice a day ,breakfast and dinner.

Now to completely cure this problem there are only two options on our planet:
option 1 : ayurveda , find a good ayurvedic practioner,start the treatment
option 2 : homeopathy,much better than allopathy,find a good doctor,and dont listen allopathy guys when they tell you homeopathy doesnt work,they just jealous and being egoistic.
there are tons of options and herbs available in ayurveda also start yoga and pranayama.

people should realise all medical science on this earth has come from india,from where the greeks and chinese learnt.though modern medical science claims they have no cure for cancer yet,people in india have been treating cancer and other so called incurable diseases cheaply.

hope this helps
I am a 35 year old male whom has the same symptoms as yourself.. I.e) the cloudy/ confused mental state, fatigue, and frontal headaches. I have been dealing with this every since I moved to the states. The reason you felt better in Hawaii is because seasonal allergies are almost nonexistent, I too find Hawaii and tropical destinations a relief from these allergies. You ENT specialist is correct, you have seasonal allergies. Try doing a sinus cleanse, that helps me a little. As horrible as I feel I try and stay off of antihistamines because they make me feel weak and give me fatigue. I also try and stay active " even with a runny nose" if we sleep too much our dopamine levels stay low and we begin to feel depressed, most people feel anxiety because they don't know what is wrong with them so staying calm and realizing that no one has died of allergies and just trying to keep our lives on track will make things go by quickly. If that doesn't work, go to your doctor and ask for a shot of kennelog
In Texas, call Jennifer Trejo, naturopath  (call 817-847-0900). http://abundantlifewellnesscenter.com

She helped me a lot... She uses Bioset technology. You can find practicioners in other states as well.

What Conditions can BioSET™ Help?

Any condition or immune mediated response where an allergic reaction may occur, other than anaphylactic reactions, can be helped with BioSET™. The BioSET™ system, along with dietary, healthy lifestyle modifications and exercise, can have beneficial influences in essentially any health challenge. Below are some of the conditions which have been clinically helped in patients who have sought treatment with a certified, properly trained health practitioner using the BioSET™ system:

•All forms of allergies, chemical and environmental sensitivities

•Asthma

•ADD/ADHD

•Anxiety

•Autoimmune Disease (RA, lupus, MS, Crohn’s disease)

•Bronchitis

•Candida

•Childhood illnesses/recurrent infections

•Chronic fatigue syndrome

•Colds/Flu

•Depression

•Digestive disorders (colitis, IBS, heartburn, bloating, ulcers, acid reflux)

•Eczema and other skin disorders

•Fatigue

•Fibromyalgia

•Headaches and migraines

•Heavy metal toxicity

•High cholesterol/triglycerides

•High blood pressure

•Menopausal symptoms & PMS

•Sinus conditions

•Thyroid disorders

•Type 2 diabetes

•Weight loss
I have had sever allergies since I was in  my early thirties after I gave birth to my last son.  I rarely sleep at night, My ears ring constantly from blowing my nose all the time. I have asthma and polyps galore in nose which  henders my abiltiy to use nasal spray meds. Ive had two operations to remove them and they grow right back.  I tried everything you can imagine9 ( shots, diet, natural, prescription meds , over the counter, irrigating you name it I ve tried  over a 20 plus year span.  Iam now 55 and I use one drug and it makes me feel normal, where I can breath and have a normal life however its not the best thing for you but having allergies and not living my life was not.  I take prednisone when I need it ,,  approx 40 ml.  It is the only thing that has EVER worked for me , its hard to get  a doctor who will prescribe it for you to that degree.
I work out every day and do weight bearing exercises 3 times a week , I eat healthy and sleep when  I can. Prednisone can be dangerous if you don't know how to take it or if you don't keep up a strength program .
If your at the end of your rope  try it .
good luck
Lynn
I'm sorry to read that others are having the same symptoms as me but I'm relieved that I'm not alone or crazy! I never has any problems until I started early menopause and have now had the problem for about 3 years.
Now I have constant post nasal drip, yukky smell in my nose, scratchy eyes, blocked ears and my sense of taste has decreased dramatically, but by far the worst thing is the fatigue! I could sleep all night and wake up and want to go back to sleep. I havent any energy so I've put on weight too.

I've just started on antibiotics and I've found that inhaling lots of steam, as often as I can does relieve my nose and eyes - have just started doing this. I take anti-histamine but it dries up my nose but doesnt help the symptoms much and the post nasal drip and smell is still there. I'll keep on steaming my face and see how it goes with the antibiotics.
I have just finished a course of very strong antibiotics - for tonsilitis and bronchitis. My Doc recoiled in horror when he saw the pus at the back of my throat (yuk, I know!) that he thought was due to the tonsils but I knew was post nasal drip.
I've been steaming my face and clearing my nose as much as possible, 3-4 times a day and use Sinuclense, the spray type that gets really far in and I make sure I put a lot of it in. It isn't pleasant and makes me gag but it's really helped.

I am so much better! I have energy that I haven't had for years. I was so tired as soon as I woke up I wanted to go back to sleep.

My eyes are clearer too - they used to be murky but now they're white again. I think my improvement is due to

1) Strong antibiotics that cleared up the sinus infection
2) Steam that loosened the post nasal drip
3) Sinucleanse that cleared the mucus out of my nasal passages.

Good luck, I hope that this might help someone else.
I too am happy to have found this site.  .If we all have the same symptoms, why do dr.s act like they don't have a clue.  they must see patients complaining about the same things.  i have lost faith in the medical profession.  it started about a year ago.blurry vision, dizzy and almost  passed out.  it happened 3 times within a 3 month period...followed by panic attacks.  did the Dr route..spent $2000 out of pocket..for brain scans, heart tests, blood work.  nada.  then went to an allergist . he said my symptoms were allergies. started the shots..but now my symptoms are worse.  sudden extreme fatigue, depression, sleep 8-10 hrs a night and can't wake up in am.  it takes me a few hours after waking to get any energy.  Have made an appointment to see an naturalistic dr next week. will keep you all posted on any progress.  . In reading online, i think it may be cfic  too much yeast in body.     i think we need to think outside the box, which means going outside the medical profession.  years ago i was diagnosed with fibermyalgia (fibromyalgia) and found a dr online who had it.  he did a test for dna viruses in my blood and treated me with valtrex.  it worked after 4 years of joint pain.  
I began having allergy/sinus issues when I was 13. I had my first sinus surgery at 15 after testing positive to everything on the chart and having polyps. I tried the shots for a couple of years, but had reactions to them. I had my second sinus surgery at 22. I am now 30 and feel like I probably need the surgery again. Currently, I am in a constant state of misery. Headaches, nose runing, post nasal drip, itchy eyes, hives, etc. This is something I have dealt with for 17 years with some periods of relief. My marriage is suffering because of the fatigue and depression that goes along with the allergies. Lodrane 24D was a wonder drug for me. I could breathe, smell things, and was feeling great. Guess what? The FDA included it in its recall of 500 cough/cold/allergy meds. I am trying everything now. I can't take a lot of meds with pseudoephedrine in them because they make my heart race. (I had heart surgery in 2009 for an arrythmia, so it scares me.) I am afraid to try some of the homeopathic remedies due to the fact that I am allergic to a lot of plants. This has been the worst 2-3 years for me. Due to the fatigue, I have put on weight and that contributes to the depression. I feel like I have tried it all now and don't know which way to turn. (BTW, I have had such bad allergies that my brother used me as a case study when he was in pharmacy school.) All I can say is, keep plugging on and surely something will give. I work full time and try to have hobbies to keep myself going. Maybe we should form a support group?
I have had allergies (severe) for 20+ years.  I've gone to all the doctors, shots, acupunture, etc. and no relief, except symtoms (symptoms) which can cause severe side effects (prostate problems).  I moved to AZ from East Texas and AR with no relief, symtoms (symptoms) got worse (migraines, sleeplessness, fatigue, depression, etc.).  I went to a doctor in Tucson, AZ who said not to take anything because they all have side effects and they only treat the symtoms (symptoms).  My stomach is torn up because of too many headache pills and I've prostate surgery from too many hystimine blockers, etc.  I didn't go the steroid route because of the long term effects!  Finally, I've accepted my condition and I bear with it.  Thankfully I'm retired with an understanding wife but others in the family think I'm faking it and so it has caused some conflict but I just have to forget about them right now.  Good luck but I'd watch out for Meds and their side effects - I don't take anything and I've learning to live with it.  You who have to work or who have kids at home, I feel for you.  And yet work, if you can go and function, helps get things off your mind.  Blessings...db
Hi Everyone,
Yoga has been my savior.  When I don't do it I'm miserable - allergic to my beloved pet dogs and my patients at work (I'm a vet who will be changing careers soon/after 14 1/2 years and getting worse, even wearing surgery masks at work, I soon won't be able to take it anymore, but I love the dogs and cats SO MUCH- more below, & I'm also allergic to other stuff) Anyhow, yoga is a big investment in time, but since nothing else has worked so well, I've had to accept that yoga is what it takes for me.  It forces me to care more for myself- our self-neglect-promoting/stressful high speed world may be a factor in allergies.  Yoga does something to promote good energy flow thru the body. I've really enjoyed the way I feel as a result of yoga, so I make the sacrifices to do it.  When I'm exhausted, having a yoga teacher and the presence of the others in the class provide the motivation I don't have to do a video at home.  And the good, experienced yoga teachers usually throw in great positive words in the class that are so helpful for probably anyone.  The yoga rooms that aren't air conditioned are my favorite, because I'm more relaxed and flexible when I'm not cold.  It took me a while to learn that this is really what I need to exist without the severe discomfort and even depression.  I took a few months off from yoga and my energy and attitude got pretty low.  It's amazing how yoga fixes it.  And an added bonus is that my body is more toned and stronger.  Don't expect that in less than a week, but it does happen, even more so with a clean diet. We're talking about lifestyle changes.  You may be too tired to imagine these things, but in my desperation I gave it a try and thank God for it.  Try as close to everyday as possible for a month, there's a good chance you'll be a new person by the middle of the month.  If you can't afford a yoga studio, some will let you trade for cleaning the studio a couple of time a month.

I'm allergic to dogs, cats, dustmites, and various grasses, trees, molds.  Allergy shots helped with the grasses, trees and molds, but the others are a battle.  I've loved animals since before kindergarten, My allergies have gotten worse over the years, so I'm coming to terms with a career change. You have no idea how much I love dogs. If I think about it too much it feels like a tragedy. If I weren't allergic to dogs, they'd be my whole existence - I can totally understand how this could lead to suicide, but everyone has challenges in life, so I am determined to look at this as mine, because there are souls out there with worse problems and their attitudes get them through it.  This is a learning experience and an opportunity to explore some other careers and loves.  Overcoming adversity is how we get stronger, so everyone hang in.  Just keep trying everything and direct your thoughts to the positive things in your life, and get involved with more positive things.  It is truly a battle, so think about the things you've succeeded at in life, and if there aren't any, start working on some, like bake a delicious cake you've never thought you could bake and share it with people or have one of your favorite photos enlarged (BIG) and matted and framed, hang it in the most conspicuous place in your home, or just walk around the block, hug yourself at the end and thank the universe for having legs to do it.

Other things that help, I use nasal saline pretty often, avoid dairy (and regret it whenever I eat most dairy - yogurt and goat cheese don't seem to be a problem, but forget anything else), do Andrew Weil breathing exercises, have an air purifier, incorporate qi gong in to my yoga or life when I think about it, and do whatever to release pent up emotions that lodge in my chest from feeling bummed about my discomfort or that I'm lonely b/c I feel like I'm too high maintenance for any guy.  Yoga has gotten rid of the knot in my stomach and the burning in my chest, although I just had a recurrence of the chest burning after an hour of sitting with my dog on my lap.  It ***** that I shouldn't have them on my lap, so sometimes I do and deal with it afterwards, but for the most part they are the most awesome dogs - they still love me even though I'm not as affectionate as they deserve

Love you guys, thank you for sharing. Life is still good.
Have had deviated septium surgery,i still get sick every 4months,but now im on,veramist,allergra 24 hour and i take a decongestant once a week,i also have a humidifier in my room at night!!! im acctually better after 15 years of antibtics every 4 months docs calling it a sinus infection.im feed up with antibtics saw a ent today they are gonna do a cat scan next time this happens to me.I hope this will never happen again because i cant get out of the bed from lack of any entergy,!! diagnosed in 2001 with chronic sinusitis.I hope doc figure out my issue or i am hoping all the aggressiveness ive taken this round with my allergies will keep me well.My best advice!! Take antihistamines DAILY,nasal spray DAILY and a Decongestant DAILY!! Aggresivness with my allergies has helped me so far,if i dont stay well this time a CAT scan will be done!!! Hope this helps someone.
I forgot to add this to my post earlier another thing thats helped me drink TONS of water!! It has hepled me alot with sinus allergies!!!
To all those frustrated and exhausted with their problems of alleriges, i may have a suggestion and quiet possibly a solution to all your problems. Simply seek out this natural medication which deals directly with the immune system problems, from asthma to allergies, especially those who have lived with a life of difficulty with allergies and immune problems. This treatment might take a few weeks or a few months to set into your body and begin to be active and eventually a cure, for it heals your body naturally, nevertheless try it and you will not regret it, i have used it before and it has completely turned my situation around, the only catch is that you might be required to take it for a long time(depending how bad state your body is) but if it heals your problems then i am sure that it will not bother you to take it every day. Good Luck, the medicine is called Nigella Sativa and the one you need to purchase and consume is from Egypt under that name, be careful not to get the wrong one. Also make sure to get the pure seed format and consume them as opposed to the the oil cold pressed version. If you have any questions dont hesitate to contact me yuka.***@**** Search the internet for the seeds to purchase from which ever country you are calling. Get it ASAP!!
I too have had this for all of my 33years and I do find comfort in kowing that I am not by myself . This condition is hindering me from performing all activities. I have seen the ear nose and throat Dr. as well they wanted to perform an operation,but i got scared and chickened out, besides i hear that those surgeries dont work. I spend most of my days complaining all day because I can barely breath. I have confusion and  I am scared, depressed, and have aniexty alot,some days are better than others. I have tried all types of meds and they work for a while and thats it. I do find relief in salt water solution though where you mix salt and warm water together and sniff it up your nose. Have any of you all ever tried that balloon thing that they advertise on tv? I pray that we all get better! I am so fed up with this!
i have had the exact same experience as you, started allergies after giving birth to my second daughter, and then they became worse again as I am approaching menapause, the only thing that works now is prednisone, allergy shots were helpful before the menapause!  By the way, what strength training do you do to help with the side effects from the prednisone?
Do you have pets?
I have never had allergies except for cats. I have a 14 month old Jack Russell and haven't noticed allergies affects from her, until possibly now. For the last 6 weeks, my nose runs one minute and the next minute I can't breathe. I don't have a cough, but I am very lethargic, dizzy and get out of breath easily. I hate this!!! Having just lost my job I am without insurance so I can’t see specialist who might possibly have the answers. FRUSTERATING!
Hey - all you sufferers out there.  I'm reading your stories and I'm crying.  My 22 year old son is going thru the same thing and we have tried EVERYTHING.  Nothing has worked yet and his allergies are getting worse.  But I will go to the ends of the earth to find something that does work.  For those of you with suicidal/homicidal thoughts - call a help line and then get back to your doctor's office and you make sure he/she understands your RAGE about this.  I don't think doctors take this as seriously as they should.  Go kick some as# and get their attention.

That's exactly what I am going to do at my "adult" son's next dr appt.  He won't do it for himself.  But I am one p/o mom and I WILL.
I'm 52 and at 45 I found out quite by mistake that I'm allergic (MDs don't classify it as allergy!!!) to yeast.  I'd been having migraines and uticarian hives to the point my skin was bleeding and I couldn't sleep.  That has gotten rid of it.  Still have seasonal allergies and get hold of packaged food that has yeast in and I don't realize and have a reaction.  My mother recently found out that she's allergic to CORN AND WHEAT.  Boy that's a bad one, do a little reserach on line and you will see that CORN is in almost any and every product on the market and if you have a CORN allergy, that could really be the problem or something similar.  There's a documentary I've just found about CORN and the first 15 mins. I've watched so far, we ingest so much corn, in lab test they can tell we've got corn in our systems big time.  It's called King Corn - I hope to finish watching it soon.  Eat basic real food, nothing made in a package and then add one type of food back in and see if you have a reaction. That's how I found out.  I lived for a while on oatmeal, chicken and veggies and fruit.  then found out it was yeast - which was hard becuase at first I thought it was wheat.
hi sallyjane; I read your comment, and yes I DO believe where you live can ff/x you; when I lived near the ocean back home in NY, I was fine, I moved to the desert several yrs ago and I have never been so sick in my life.
Fatigue, dizzy, palpitations,just all around miserable!  But when the winter returns, what winter we have that is, I magically come to life and feel well.
I am allergic to pollen,mold and dust and some food allergies, but I only know that there is something about living in the desert and then living near the ocean, Iwent to visit my kids back east and we  went to 0cean City,NJ and I had so much energy and was able to keep up w/ the grands. 0h
God, if I could only go back, I know how many people feel on this bd and I fully understand, I have no medical insurance and am dealing with lots of medical bills now, so I have to wing it for medicine and drs.visits.
Regards, dizzyinthedesert.
I'm so relieved to know I'm not the only one.  I have been having a hard time breathing because of nasal congestion and it feels like I have to labor to breathe and it cause me such anxiety, fatigue, with results in me having an elevated BP which then causes me to feel faint.  I went to Doctor and they keep telling me to take Mucinex and It's not working. I feel miserable.
Thank you so much. I have been feeling so crazy...having these anxiety attacks because I can't breathe properly.  I have an appt next week because I have got to get a handle on this ASAP.  I still work out three times a week which helps tremendously.  Thanks for your post.
I never had allergies until this year. I live in Texas. I also deal with anxiety and OCD and thought maybe that was causing my fatigue. But then, my sinuses were swollen so I couldn't breath. I got a zpack which helped some. I'm seeing an allergist next week that does drops if needed. I've never been so tired for so long. I've been worrying that it would effect my job. I just need to keep going and hope this doctor can help!
Hi Faith, my name is Bob and I live in Baltimore, MD.  I'm 54 and have been suffering from severe allergies for 2 plus years now.  The third year just hit me this spring.  My allergies are debillitating; severe headaches and fatigue, and yes it affects my job performance.

I like to exercise but am unable to do so because I'm so fatigued all of the time.  I've been taking sublingual drops (as opposed to weekly shots) every day, but so far I've gotten no relief.  My quality of life, frankly, for 10 months out of the year is miserable.

I've recently started homeopathic rememdies from an Indian doctor, but so far no relief.  I've had very depressing thoughts, thinking that there is no solution and I'm destined to live this zombie-like life, but I found this web site and see that I am definitely not alone.  I'm grateful for that.

I'm going to look into some of the suggestions posted, and I really appreciate people sharing their experiences and remedies.  I'm not going to give up, even though a lot of days I want to.  When I find something that seems to help I will post it.
I didnt realize that there are so many people experencing some of the same symtoms (symptoms) as I am. I have been suffering for the last 4 years, but this year, especially about 4 weeks ago, my symtoms (symptoms) are worse and more intense, I occasionally have headaches, but mainly pressure around my forehead, nose, and cheeks it is making me lightheaded, a floating feeling, fogginess, I have also been experiencing depression and anxiety, sometimes pretty bad! I have been taking zyrtec and sometimes that works and somedays nothing works.. I am fustrated and cant think straight , it is effecting my everyday life, I just cant function properly!! I went to the docter and he gave me anibiotic for a sinus infection!! I have also learned recently that zyrtec can cause alot of serious side effects has anyone else experienced any of these side effects!!  
I too, suffer with head pains, swelling in the nose,ear,head,dizziness, eyes feel swollen and feel like they are bulging,but they are not. Pain in the back of my head & neck. Confusion, foggy feeling, which brings on anxiety, I feel like my brain is suffocating. I have been tested and am allergic to grass, weeds, mold,trees on a high level (have not been tested for food allergies yet).I am really tired of feeling this way, most days I don't feel like doing anything, I want to, but my symptoms take over me. It is so frustrating because nothing helps, not claritin, zyrtec, astelin,  flonase, nasonex, dr.'s. Wish I can wake up one day and feel normal, this has been going on for about 5-6 yrs now:( what are the side effects to zyrtec that u have recently discovered. I would like to know, since that is the one I am using most.  Thanks. Hope we can find something :)
I know exactly what your going through been there done that. Can't even work anymore because my allergies are so severe. Taking antihistimine and albuterol, also a corticosteroid and nasal sprays, was also on predisone. It is all crap in my opinion. Nothing really has helped me yet. The only thing that half way helps is avoiding the triggers in the first place and sometimes that is impossible when dustmites are practically everywhere and so is mold, it is in a lot of foods we eat in some degree,even if you don't see it on the food it can still be there deep within. Another thing that half way helps me when having breathing difficulties is sitting by a air conditioner full blast. It don't completely make my symptoms go away, but it helps. The harsh truth is there is no cure for allergies or asthma. You have to learn to cope with it the best you can. Everybody is a little different on how they take it. Some people can handle it better than others. Some people it can really get under their skin like me. The depression is so bad some days for me I just want to end it. It can make a person freak out some days when you feel like your breathing through a straw,(the small bar straws)lol. What I am really trying to say is that you have to learn your triggers,how you manage your anxiety levels and depression,keep taking your meds even if you don't think their working,and make a allergy proof room in your house. keep it clean as much as you can from the triggers,and keep it ice cold with a air conditioner for some reason this really does help.
Ya I know about side effects. Some of the crap out there that is suppose to help a person can actually make you sicker. Was on singulaire and it made my asthma symptoms even worse. Sometimes I think medicine is nothing short of a joke. Nothing but a gimmick. You used to watch these old westerns where gypsies were trying to sell these magic potions that were suppose to cure everything. To me it seems like those days are still here only that the gypsies are now wearing whitecoats.  Hang in there bud and only take what you personally think is helping you.
Hi artist87.  I'm in the process of trying a geographical cure.  I came down to Florida and am staying on the Atlantic coast.  So far I am absolutley miserable, and I too feel like ending it some days.  The depression can be that severe.  Not sure how long I'm going to stay here.  I don't know of any alternatives right now, but it's unlikely that I will stay here very long.  Will probably try the desert or the mountains next.
Dry, desert conditions are suppose to help asthma. Maybe you should try Arizona. That's where I'd be if I had the money.
I searched for this forum because I'm currently feeling so depressed and hopeless about my allergy symptoms that I'm just laying here crying.

I've suffered from severe allergies (dogs/cats/dust/dustmites/birch trees) since I was 2 years old (am now 23 years old) and it's just been a part of my life. I have literally tried every method of treatment known to mankind with minimal results and a slew of negative side effects. I take so many medications it's starting to rival people with terminal illnesses.

Thanks to some inside connections when I was 14 I was able to get Xolair shots, shots that are only FDA approved for people with asthma, which I do not have. For the first time in my life I had no allergies. I had energy and could breath enough to exercise. I lost weight, no longer suffered from depression, and was able to be around animals for the first time in my life without suffering (I have always been a huge animal lover. Used to want to be a vet when I was younger, but allergies have taken that too.) Now that connection is severed and I cannot get anyone else to provide those shots to me. They all say since I don't have asthma I cannot have them, regardless of the fact that they completely cleared up my allergy symptoms.

My depression is back, I am exhausted and gaining weight again, I have constant headaches, sinus pressure, watery eyes, congestion, runny nose, random rashes. What hurts me the most is knowing there is a cure out there that works for me, and no one will allow me to have it. For a little while I knew what life was like for all the other people who say that I'm lazy or anti-social because I don't feel well enough to go out or even perform daily activities.

Allergies have taken my dreams, my body, my social life. Days like today I really can't do anything but cry.
Hi Camelia

I had surgery......took 5 hours and they removed all of the bones between my sinus cavities.......so I literally have one large hole in my head.  It helps with the pressure and helps me to "irrigate" with salty water when I get a sinus infection, but does not help itchy ears, throat, eyes, sneezing.......

Le
I have had sinus infections all my life.. Have been on every antibiotic, etc. Four years ago I too had sinus surgery.. they removed all the little bones.. So, I have 2 great rooms, as I call it... About 4 years ago I got very ill teaching in classroom.. Itchy eyes, swollen face, cough, congestion.. I finally realized it must be mold, as I have had issues with molds before... I was removed from the classroom.. They did allergy tests.. nothing showed up... NOW.. about a year ago.. have been so ill... congestion, post nasal drip, itchy ears.. etc.. Allergy tests again... Allergic to 38 things.. that I know of... Started allergy shots about 3 months ago... It is no picnic... I feel worse... I want to sit in a ball and cry... Still trying to teach, and praying to God eventually these allergy shots will help... I live in Central California.. which is the hub of agriculture... NOT GOOD...If these shots do not work, I have told my hubby that we might need to move by the coast.. iI am sick of not breathing, having chronic drainage, hacking, allergic asthma.. Tired of prednisone, medicines that make me sleepy.... and generally feeling like crap.. I am 55 and feel like I am 95...... No longer have energy to work out.. use to sing at church,,,, tough with all the drainage.. Pretty frustrated today..... Did anyone ever feel worse after their allergy shots during the build up phase? Please.. NO HORROR stories.. I am already anxious enough.. Just need some type of encouragement.. And yes, I have been on Quercitin, Bromelain,,,,take Vit.C.. etc..
I have all of these symptoms, and they only began AS I ENCOUNTERED ADRENAL FATIGUE!!!!! You all probably are simply suffering from adrenal fatigue. The allergic response is a Histamine release from cells, allowing the blood vessels to leak and send white cells to clean up the allergens. The leaking is tissue damage, and the adrenals send out cortisol to patch it up, to control the leak. If you've been under chronic stress, your adrenals start to lessen their output and histamine reactions go unchecked. Other causes of worn adrenals are infection(as in Candida or Giardia or any ailment), High carb diets ( we use up cortisol in the same chain as insulin), Hormone imbalance (too much sex for men...internet porn addiction a big factor) but mainly STRESS, as in the modern world. Guilt as a stressor is also huge..for you environmentally concerned folks, believing we are doing wrong is killing your adrenals. Our bodies simply were not built to function in this world we now inhabit, and the stress we take for granted is indeed killing us.
Cure......Aside from evicting stress, yes there is a cure, and it worked for me. High doses of Licorice Root, and Magnesium oil on the skin every day. It takes over a year to get over this, if you do everything RIGHT! But i beat it in 14 months by totally changing my diet, exercising, shooting the television, and being in wild nature where our bodies belong. The magnesium oil stays on long if you put it on your hands and wear nitrile gloves. The magnesium cured the panic attacks within six weeks. The reason for this is simply that Mg stops neurons from firing by blocking calcium. Panic attacks AND depression are neural hyperactivity, and magnesium is the cure. It's barely even in our diet anymore, and we urinate it out every time we get stressed ( our bodies do this so our nerves are on edge and ready to fight or flight, when you get low, it used to be called a nervous breakdown. Some of you may notice the worst symptoms about an hour AFTER resting, this is because when we rest we interject Mg into our neural synapses and if we are low, we suddenly run out and our nerves fire haywire. iused to call this the train wreck from resting too much. It has also been cured for me. Look up the symptoms to both Mg deficiency and adrenal fatigue, they go hand in hand. Most noticable was the disappearing of the rage attacks and other psychological issues, such as depression.
Know how you all feel!!!! miserable  never had a flare up like now, this long.  I have been under stress, starting school, still working, not much sleep.  I had adrenal fatigue years ago.  I ma going to try it again - my chiropractor does kienesiology testing.  I am going to try it! again.  Also sometimes grapefruit seed extract and vitamin c sometimes help.  Don't come off your nose spray! that's what I did and regret it!
You guys helped picke up my spirits Thank-you.  I suffered the worse allergies of nyone I ever knew.  I always wanted to "cut my nose off."  Now I've had the most severe Atopic Dermatitus (eczema) and had years of Xolair treatment for secondary hyper- IgE.  Lovely Atopic Triad!  Nobody gets it!  How totally suckie this is.  I am stuck inside and now that I'm rally sick from Spring pollens and a heavy wind I'm couch ridden.  I hate this, my life being on hold.  
Here's my regimen that usually works;
Sinus rinse at least once a day-with bottles! neti pots do not work as well!
I use an additive as I need it, Sinusurf from Neilmed It's $30 but you can get a free sample from your doctor, make them order it by giving them all the contact info.Best stuff ever! Be careful to use only a drop.
Allegra 180 mg not 60-mg
Azelastine HCI 1 puff 2x a day
Nasonex 2 puffs twice a day
Pataday
Singular
Symbicort
Desonide (facial Eczema)
Tricilone (all Eczema)
Mupirocin- those tiny bumps under your nose are Staph use it much longer than it seems
Atarax - Best medicine for itch and calming allergies at night. I like the liquid form
mucerin or Entex
Gargle with warm salt water
facial steamer, I'm told that I can tear my corneas at anytime because my eyes are so tacky
eye lid wipes
eye wash - rinse pollens out
Vitamin D3
Fish oil
Eat nuts, seeds, get exercise, do yoga, laugh, air conditioning, ION breeze, humidfier, Salt candle-allergies are also Ion related
Empty your bucket of allergen exposure. food dyes, leather, wool, lanollin, fragrances, shoes worn in the house, dust, mold
I always carry inhaler, orapred, epi pen, tissues
You have to be tough to go through this hell.
Also I lost 25% of my leaft side balence system, left side high frequency hearing and gained tinnitus, have major digestive issues, and my esphogus doesn't contract, sleep apnea including central where my brain doesn't signal my body to take a breathe.  Take heed and guard yourself.
I gained 4 inches around my chest in 6 weeks. It took a sleepover with Girl Scouts to find out 27 people could not get far enough away from me snoring!
It turned out I had sleep apnea both types!  My brain doesn't signal my body to take a breathe when I'm sleeping.
I also had Xolair injections.  Xolair saved my life!  I did use the CPAP religiously until now I very rarely snore and need to use it. I find that any amount of eczema meds or asthma meds ups my calorie intake.
The missed signs for Sleep Apnea were I just could not get up in the morning.  I could not do it and didn't know why. Also at 3pm everyday I found myself just staring at the coffee pot.  It was so unlike me.  IT sounds to me like you should get checked.  By the way I am way older than you.
Thank you for telling us about Querecetin 500mgs, I will check it out at my pharmacy hopefully its over the counter  
I Have Been Suffering With Debilitating Allergies, Lethargy, And Breathing Problems For The Last Fifteen Years....I Have Chronic Sinusitis, Eczema,Chronic Urticartia (Severe Itching) (Zyrtec Is The Only Thing That Relieves Hives)...ThE Best HelpbBesides Zyrtec , Flonase, Nedi Pot , Z-pak, As Antihistamines make You So tired . My Best So Far... For RA Symptoms And Lethargy..... My Intraveneous Antibiotic Treatment For Lyme Disease...That I Dont Believe I Had And Shots Of Antibiotics And prednisone.....Now Try To Make Doctors See The  Need For Heavy Duty Treatment For Sinus And Lethargy. Its No Joke. People Are Debilitated.
you have to grant an ailment its time, lots of people look at depression and anxiety just to be things of the mind, but the victim is left in serious need of relief, trust me i understand, depression is a sickness that can causes other sicknesses, sometimes the problem can be deeper than the usual irritating cold symptoms, i suffer from depression, which triggers anxiety, which has an unreal list of symptoms and guess whats on the list? a doctor told me if all else fails try god, that only gave me clarity on the fact that they don't know sometimes, it could be as simple as a change of season or just enough faith and patience to see through the storm, dizziness and being lightheaded are signs of anxiety to me you're still on the surface and you need to go deeper.
This was posted sometime ago but for anyone else who may have this happen.
I would go get a CBC test and also think about checking/watching for anything you eat, drink or put on your skin. I have been going through so many different problems and then my grandson as well, one day he can be so sick (with what appears to be allergies), severe runny nose, tearing just so miserable he should be hospitalized and then the next day it is completey gone! Check out pesticides, insecticides and plant derived insecticides it very well could be someone you know trying to cause you much harm!
I guess there are a lot of us out there with these issues.  I have been getting allergy shots for almost a year and my symptoms aren't any better.  I am allergic to countess foods and pretty much everything that grows along with dust and mold.  I, like the rest of you, have been pretty much given a life sentence since doctors don't seem to treat allergy suffering with the severity it deserves.  Right now I have been housebound for days because I have had some inexplicable flare up and I have no idea what caused it.  Maybe if doctors could make billions out of helping us they would put more time/energy/effort into curing this issue.  Is it strange to anyone else that modern science can create a little robot that can walk on Mars but they can't do something about allergies?  I guess there isn't enough money in it.  My doctors didn't even bother to test me for food allergies so for all I know I did something to trigger this latest attack but since they are negligent there may be things I am ingesting that I am allergic to and I don't even know it.  Of course, its pretty much game over for those of us with soy allergies since it is being used as a cheap filler in pretty much every food we buy.  Check your labels.  I bet there is soy oil, soy protein, soy flour, or soy lecithin in just about every item in your household.  Newsflash:  this isn't food!  It is a cheap filler to save these companies money and it makes it so people like me can't even buy bread anymore.  It also causes the body to create estrogen which is very unhealthy even for people without allergies.  Not really sure if people like us will ever have an answer to this misery.  We better hope that allergy treatment suddenly becomes really profitable or there may never be a light at the end of the tunnel.
I am with you!  Why can't they fix this?  I have suffered most of my life and I'm 50 now!  I've been getting allergy shots for over 5 years and still feel like crap...I have fatigue, body aches and constant drainage down my throat and nose.  I've had my nose "vacuumed" by an ent doc.  I get mad when someone has a cold and leaves work and I'm sitting there sick every day.  I also have dizziness a lot and ears pop when I swallow.
Well, this is one long list of people in very similar boats. There is certainly some relief in finding out that there are other people going through the same daily challenges, looking for the same answers. The reassuring thing is not that other people are suffering, but that other people are all pulling in the same direction, exploring their allergies and searching for relief through different techniques and regimens. Surely all of that energy will yield a degree of insight over time, and help us to exert a greater degree of control over our individual conditions.

I can attest to the frustration and despondency that builds over time. Personally speaking, the worst part of this is seeing time slide by with its relentless progression, and to note how you have achieved so much less than you hoped and expected you would. The daily challenge of summoning enough energy and motivation to face the day is all consuming, and leaves you with little else in the tank for achievements and basic forms of personal development.

I want to share my own personal allergy catalogue. On the one hand it may be cathartic to externalise some of the issues. On the other hand, I think that it is important to give a voice to silent suffering. For there to be a concerted interest in finding substantive solutions to these types of problems, there needs to be more understanding of the extent to which people are affected, and the ways in which allergies intertwine with social and behavioural deviations. Since this is an extensive database of people of similar conditioning, it seems like as good a place as any for such an account.

With that in mind, here is a retrospective analysis of my own allergy timeline: My allergies arrived in full-force around the age of 14. Prior to this, I had always experienced notable hayfever at the onset of spring and summer, though the reactions were usually confined to running nose, sneezing, itchy eyes and the like. This was a manageable state of affairs, if somewhat inconvenient and annoying. Things changed around puberty. An all-consuming fatigue would wrap me from morn till eve, and any spare time outside of lessons would be spend sleeping: in a chair, on the floor, on a sofa, whatever. Problem is, you attribute these things to puberty. You’re told “your body is changing, it needs more time to rest” and I went along with this reading. But my body never normalised again. From then onwards, I was a person who had 30% of the energy & vitality that I’d had before. Trouble is, I still expected to thrive and achieve and flourish, and this led to a lot of internal tension with myself. I had no idea why I felt so drained, and a well of frustration and anger began to boil over and affect all facets of my life. I’d only ever been to a doctor if I’d had a specific and tangible ailment – tonsillitis, flu etc – so it never occurred to me to visit about a nagging and ebbing tiredness. So I just kept it to myself.

One day I was working a summer job on a plant nursery, right in the dragon’s den of the allergy world, so to speak, and I discovered that a menthol cigarette did wonders for my hayfever. Hey presto! Being of a certain age, and needing not excessive encouragement to take up this ridiculous habit, I forthwith became a smoker. Flooding my respiratory system with 1000’s of noxious chemicals certainly brought its own challenges, but it had a suppressive effect on the underlying allergies, for obvious reasons, and I was able to justify it to myself on spurious health grounds. It’s worth pointing out that I still didn’t know that I suffered from allergies, other than the ubiquitous hayfever (which everybody seemed to suffer from anyway, so it couldn’t be a big deal).

At University, the drinking culture and the smoking really took its toll on my body. I complained to my doctor about the constant lethargy and the brain fog, but I was now on a path so far away from good health that it was impossible to hold any conviction about what could possibly be the underlying cause. I reluctantly accepted to diagnosis of depression, collected the prescription for Prozac, and went into Serotoninergic overdrive. It was pretty fun for a time – all those chemicals rampaging around your brain uncontrollably – but there were side effects, and the underlying fatigue was as severe as ever. Not wanting to form an unhealthy dependence on these potent meds, I cycled off, but was back on them a year later as the winter rolled in. After the second spell of anti-D’s, I decided to leave them for good.

I limped through University. I didn’t enjoy it particularly. I didn’t thrive, which is a shame, because it could have been a great time. I got my first job, in a ****** white-collar environment, and hunkered down to good ol City life. My personality had almost evaporated by this point, as I was dedicating all my energy to the rigmarole of eat, work, sleep, repeat. I had moved into a flat whose previous occupant had been a cat-lover. The mattress that I slept on was covered in hundreds of cat hairs. The wheels really began to come off. I wasn’t sleeping properly. I rotted through each day in a constant malaise of tiredness and confusion. I started to visit the doctor on a regular basis. We went through a lot of tests. There would be whole blocks months between appointments being booked, and results arriving. A few times, having been out for a handful of drinks the night before, I would throw up on my way to the station. I remember collapsing into my bed just before Xmas 2011, and barely moving for two weeks. I was starting to get worried. Was I dying? How much worse could things get? Why couldn’t the doctors find anything wrong?

One day, purely by chance, somebody recommended that I participate in a clinical trial for hayfever that was giving free anti-histamines to the participants. Since I happened to be in the area, I dropped into the hospital. They applied a range of common allergens to my arm, and waited for the reactions to emerge. The reactions on my arm were pronounced and severe. I was excluded from participating in the clinical trial, because there were too many allergies, namely: Timothy Grass, Mixed Grass, Silver Birch, House Dust Mite, Cat Hair, Dog Hair, Aspergillus (aspergillosis) and Cladosporum. I was surprised, because my doctor had supposedly checked for common allergens during one of the many rounds of blood testing.
Now that I knew about the extent of the allergies, it became clear that a mattress adorned with feline hair was not an ideal resting location for 8 hours of every day. I didn’t have enough money to buy a new mattress, so I had to settle for some anti-allergen bedding. The difference was minuscule. The old house, ridden with damp, with thick woollen carpets, was still a constant source of irritation. I moved onto a daily regimen of anti-histamines, de-congestants, and nose sprays, and there was some degree of improvement. I stopped smoking. The biggest single improvement came from drinking fresh juice every day – carrots mostly, apples, lemon – prepared in a juicer. This was a bit of a game changer, in its own limited way.

I forked out for some online DNA allergy testing. It was surprisingly cheap (£40), and I half-expected that it was a con. The results came back, and there was near-perfect correlation with the previous set of legitimate tests that had been conducted in a leading London hospital. I now had a comprehensive list of dietary and environmental intolerances, as well as a list of deficiencies. For the record, these were:

Dietary: Aubergine, Bromelain, Coffee, Dill, Eucalyptus, Grapes, Jujube Fruit, Mallow Tea, Millet Seed, Mint, Onion, Orange, Papain, Sage, Sardines.

Environmental: Alpha Amylase, Aspergillus (aspergillosis) Fumigatus, Budgie Serum Proteins, Cottonwood, Dog Epithelium, English Plantain, Gerbil Epithelium, Hamster Epithelium, Horse Dander, House Dust, Johnson Grass, Lovage, Marguerite, Meadow Foxtail, Mixed feathers (goose, chicken, duck, turkey), Mixed weed pollens (Mugwort, Plantain, Ribwort, Goosefoot, Lamb’s quarter, Golden Rod, Nettle), Mulberry, Rat Epithelium.

Deficiencies: Allium, Essential Fatty Acids, Selenium, Vitamin D.

This was a big step, because I had a framework to build upon. Coffee, onions and wine, historic stalwarts of my diet (non, I’m not French), were dramatically banished. I really recommend this to anyone who doesn't yet know the full picture of their bodily intolerances.

It should probably be noted at this point that I have been to the gym most days for the last four years. It’s not that I enjoy the gym particularly, in fact, I have a virtually neutral opinion of my time spent there. However, it has been the only sure-fire mechanism to give me temporary respite from the apathy and the malaise. The endorphin rush is important (after intense cardio exercise), but there is also a flushing of the respiratory tracts. Swimming has been helpful too. In the beginning, when I was feeling particularly bad, I would cheat and use high-caffeine pre-gym supplements to force myself in gear. After taking the supps, I was in a bind – either exercise, or sit still and gradually slip into a full-blown caffeine-induced panic attack. This is not a nice trick to play on your body, but sometimes the ends justify the means, and this method was really important in keeping me going during some fairly deep lulls.

Yoga is a great tool too, if it’s open to you. For me, the dynamic (and hot) forms of yoga were a great way of connecting with the body and doing some proper breathing. It’s a shame it can be so expensive.

As for where I’m at now, I’m kind of at a plateau. The last time that I felt fit and healthy was for a week back in 2009, which is a long-time ago now. I was on holiday in a warm climate, and I remember the feelings of clear-headedness, relaxation, creative energy, contentedness and normality. Immunotherapy is not really an option for people with multiple allergies, so I don’t think that’s a viable route. At this point, my best option would appear to be moving to a better climate, with less seasonal variation, and closer to the coast. To do that, I need to save some money. And to do that, I have to concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other, doing all the basics right, and inching there slowly.

These allergies have taken so much from me over the last ten years. Relationships, friends, personality, intellect – there isn’t really a facet of my life that has been left intact. I can’t read properly anymore – I scan the page at a million miles an hour, and retain nothing. Concentration is generally futile. Sleep has no restorative quality. The anhedonia is powerful.
Regardless, I fully retain hope that further improvements lie around the corner. Whether it be moving to a new part of the world, discovering a new supplement or medication, or merely making incremental improvements year on year, I am determined to win. And I will keep trying until I get there.

If you've read all the way to the bottom, thanks for reading, and please share you story too. There's nothing gained from silent suffering.
Unbelievable...I had no idea allergies could bring about such craziness and melody of symptoms.  I woke up this morning, again feeling horrible, dizzy, burning eyes, extremely tired and again, depressed. I have suffered from the panic attacks as well... In an effort to find out what the heck is going on, I ran across this forum.  Thank you for showing me that I am not crazy and there is more than likely nothing extremely wrong with me.  As a little girl, I had allergy shots three times a week as I was allergic to EVERYTHING...now at 51, it appears they have gotten so much worse!!!  I was taking claritin pretty much on a daily basis for over 6 weeks when my eye doctor told me that I have dried out my tear ducts!!  It is never ending!!!  I now have renewed hope, just finding out that I am not CRAZY!!!  
i sleep a lot because of allergies. Does anyone else here sleep a lot too because of allergies? Sometimes, it's the only way my allergies will go away- if i sleep it off. In general, I've quit all the medication a long time ago, didn't want to be on medication the rest of my life. Although I will take medication in times of desperation. The diet has worked for me but it's difficult sticking to it. Then I start feeling ok and start eating bad again- sugars, bread, alcohol, ETC. Sometimes I get extreme fatigue. I am allergic to basically everything. What I ingest, breathe, eat, drink, put on my body, stress, ETC. I have thought of doing LDA treatments (Low Dose Allergy Treatment- NOT the same as Regular Allergy Shots.) Sometimes I feel like I could be sleeping my life away.Sometimes I snort a lot because I can't breathe. And when my sinuses are blocked, I can't breathe either. I already have sleep disorders and these allergies just compound my sleep disorders. It's hard working because I'm always tired and sleepy and I have bosses that are always bitching at me because of this. Sometimes I feel I should live in a bubble and just eat vegetables, then I wouldn't have anymore allergies.  Does anyone else sleep a lot too due to allergies and fatigue??
I just found this site by chance but am glad I did. I've been suffering with bad ear congestion in my left ear for about 3 years now. Sometimes in the right but mostly in the left. This all started after I had a complete hysterectomy and everything has gotten worse for me because menopause was forced upon me instead of just happening naturally. I just feel horrible all the time. I have many other health problems that have stemmed from getting hit in a car by a drunk driver almost 20 years ago. Since then, my life has went downhill. Back pain, neck pain, headaches, panic attacks and anxiety,TMJ, stomach problems, etc etc. I moved back to my hometown of KY in 2008 after living in FL for 15 years and I think a lot of the problem is I live on a farm. Well, I had went to my GP and he gave me antibiotic drops for my ear and said to take regular Claritin. Neither helped at all so he referred me to an ENT who said I have severe allergies and am allergic to both types of dust mites, molds, 6 kinds of local trees and a bunch of local weeds, cats, dogs and even cows. He wants me to start allergy shots but have started taking Claritin-D and it hasn't helped a bit. My ear stays so clogged up all the time that I constantly hear my heartbeat and now it has turned into the bump bump bump rhythm of my heart but more of a buzzing whooshing sound too. This drives me crazy and when I turn my head to the right it gets worse. It's doing it right now as I sit and type this. My quality of life is so bad and I am so tired all the time, can't sleep good, headaches, and now my eyes are always burning and eye drops haven't helped much either. I'm thinking of just trying the allergy shots because nothing else has seemed to work but I'm scared to in a way because I've heard bad things about them, like feeling worse and it just takes so many years. I totally feel sorry for everyone on here and hate to know that so many people suffer with allergies. They are just debilitating and make life horrible. Has anyone else had the ear congestion like me and heard the sounds, and all that? Everytime I swallow, I hear a click and my ears pop.
i liked message u posted im going thru the same thing ...always this time of year and i know its the problem but it still doesnt stop me from being freaked out...i hope u get this message and thank u for taking the time to post your experience in helping me to realize..im not crazy either!!!
I am miserable! Last October I was dx'd with severe mold allergies and severe asthma due to the mold allergies. I have been on a roller coaster ever since of medications, Xolair injections insurance issues and since Dec 2013 I was laid off due to the fact my work place was mold ridden so I could no longer work there. I keep brain fog, memory loss, fatigue, horrible sinus pressure and fstigue. Basically I am home bound from May till late December because of the mold outside. If I do go out on days when mold counts are high from me I pay the price for days. This isn't something that you just pick yourself up by the bootstraps and move on with. This is life altering debilitating misery!!! Half the time I feel like I have cotton stuffed up my nose. I can't breathe in heatt and humidity. I have told my doctor my allergies are so bad I can't function and he says well you are on a good regimen of meds I don't want to change anything. Jeez thanks Doc!  In the meantime I have no life, not able to work, getting sicker and more depressed. So, everyone here suffering with allergies and asthma and you feel alone. You are not. I definitely feel your pain. What to do about it I do not know. I live in fear of having a major allergic reaction to mold one day that is going to do me in. I really don't know how much more of this I can take. This is not a life, this is torture!