sinus rot?
I have this solid brown stuff coming out of my nose when I blow hard.  It is just like the substance of cooked claiflower., but brown.  I was told that I have odontogenic sinus infection but from reading alot on this subject and my symptoms it seems like may be fungal?  Can anyone help because it is so terrible that I am feeling like I dont want to be around people anymore because of the smell.  I work close to people at my work and I dont want to go, I am so embarrassed.  My boyfriend tells me that I smell bad when we kiss..  I am scheduled to have surgery soon on my sinuses but I do not want to get surgery  if that is not necessary.  

This discussion is related to sinus rot & solid discharge.

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it sounds like allergic fungal sinusitis.You can get it confirmed by getting total Ig E levels, transillumination (passing light through the sinuses) or Sinus X-rays or CAT scan of sinuses.

You can use an over-the-counter (OTC) decongestant combined with an anti-inflammatory analgesic (pain reliever) like Ibuprofen. However, you should not use decongestants for more than 5-7 days at a time. Symptoms can also be relieved by using a saline nasal spray or a nasal spray that contains corticosteroids. Corticosteroids work by helping to reduce inflammation and congestion.

However the golden rule for chronic stuffy nose is steam inhalation. Severe and chronic cases may require sinus drainage.I sincerely advise you to consult an ENT surgeon and get yourself evaluated.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.