Allergy Community
skin rash and bloated face
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

skin rash and bloated face

My daughter who is 5 has had as rash on her face now for 5 days , the doctor said it must be a allergic reaction to something but she has been having piriton that hasnt worked and now her cheeks are bloated , the rash is also behind her ears and on her neck , the doctor doesnt seem to know now and has told us to go back on friday if it still the same , any ideas ?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be an allergic reaction. Normally, in cases where allergies are present, the person will experience: hives ( raised red blotches, itchy or painful ) swelling of the tongue/ lips/ throat and sometimes breathlessness. I would suggest you obtain a referral to an allergist or an ENT who does allergy testing.  That is the only way to reliably know what is causing the allergic reaction.  Some allergies can be life-threatening as they can precipitate anaphylactic shock in which the swelling can be so severe that it impairs the ability to breathe.  Therefore, I would suggest you see someone as soon as possible.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank