Allergy Community
small amount of mucus in the morning for a year

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

For almost a year now, I have small amount of thick mucus (not severe but annoying) in the morning most of days. Sometimes, I notice that I have to breath harder (again it is not severe) when I play sports, as it apprears that my lung is not taking oxigen efficiently. It may be coincident, this happened after I had flu shot last year. Is it possible that is the side effect of flu shot?
I don't think it is a coincident.  I think you should discus this with your dr.  Many things can cause these symptoms.  The main one that comes to my mind is asthma which certainly could have been triggered by the flu shot.  Flu shots do cause a minor case of the flu in most people.  This easily could have been enough to trigger asthma if you already had it but didn't know.

Feel better.
Hi, welcome to the forum, your symptoms suggests involvement of lungs and pathologcal changes. There may be underlying bronchial asthma or chronic bronchitis. Chronic bronchitis usually presents with sputum (mucus), symptoms can be worsened by chest infections.

A test with bronchodilators for 2-3 weeks will be useful to relieve the symptoms.

Other possibilities are central airway obstruction, parenchymal pulmonary disease, gastro esophageal reflux, coronary heart disease etc.  

Treatment with Beta-agonists with or without Cromoglycates and Inhaled glucocorticoids against prescription will help. I suggest you to consult physician. Take care and regards.
BSMSL and Dr. Rajput:

Thank you so much for your input.

Patrick