Allergy Community
small red itchy bumps with small holes in the middle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I woke up one morning with one 1/2 nickel size swollen red bump on my collar bone. I looked really close at it in the mirror, and it looked like two fangs marks in the middle. I thought it was a spider bite, then later I noticed 3 other exactly like it surrounding the first one. I tried squeezing them to get the pus and stuff out of it like I have with other spider bites, but nothing came out. A few days later I noticed that the two larger bumps were getting small holes in the middle, so I started keeping a close eye on them.

They were really very painful at first. If I did anything that cause my skin on my collarbone to move or tighten it hurt. The holes in the middle were very slowly getting bigger. I started thinking brown recluse, but after researching it realized the holes were not growing/decaying fast enough for that.

I have had these things for about a week, and have been treating them with alcohol and Benadryl. They itch really bad now, and now right above my breast, the front of my shoulder, the back of my neck, and my shoulder muscles itch insanely bad. There are no signs of a rash, bumps, redness or anything like that where it itches. I have no idea what it is. I have tried several different searches for hours and hours since they showed up, and I can't seem to find anything. Anyone know what this might be?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The rash could be due to an allergen. The other causes could be due to a fungal infection, atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis and scabies. Usually there is itching and some amount of inflammation with these conditions. The other causes for your symptoms could be eczema, psoriasis, burns, ectodermal dysplasia and vitamin A overdose. To find a cure you need to consult your primary care physician for proper assessment.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.