Allergy Community
smelling smoke

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

smelling smoke

Please Help.
I have been smelling smoke for three weeks and it is 24 hrs a day.
I am going crazy.  I recently went off paxil and wondered if that has anything to do with it.
I do not smoke and never have.
Any suggestions?
I get the smell of smoke as an aura before I get a migraine headache. Maybe going off of the paxil has made the nerve endings in your brain a little sensitive. Did you consult your dr for this as some anti-depressants need to be slowly discontinued by lowering the dosage over time?
You have just validated a sensation that I had felt prior to my headaches, although I had never heard it described as an aura of migraines.  Up until about 6 months ago, I would notice the air seemed really thick and my sense of smell was different.  I would say to people that I knew I was going to get a headache.  I haven't been noticing it as much lately but the headaches do continue.  Recently my dr. has been saying they must be migraines, although they aren't the classic ones.  (I have had ocular migraines, without the pain, since 1995).  I've had all kinds of testing recently (CT scan, allergy testing, medications, etc. same as pretty much everyone) and the headaches continue almost on a weekly basis.  I'm beginning to believe they are actually migraines.  We do have a family history of them.  It just seems they have gotten so much more frequent and intense since I had a sinus infection in the spring of 2005.  That's why I kept believing it was sinus but nothing seems to help.  I'm currently having my second one in 5 days.  This has really affected my life.

It is actually quite surprising to me to see just how many people actually suffer without actually linking it to something. Take me for instance, I'd have problems similar to this but I had no idea what to link them to. A colleague of mine stopped me and explained that this could be a link to the quality of my air. After doing a little research for myself I found this to be the case and that a large amount of people actually suffer regularly from headaches and it can directly be linked back to the air quality of their home. My colleague suggested that I look into Polarized Media Filters, which I also researched and found to be quite extraordinary. After purchasing them I no longer had the problems that I did before as my air was much better in quality.

I've been very satisfied with the results and my dealings with this company that I purchased through. They're the best for price that I've found and online they're at www.airlifeone.com. Any time that I wanted to speak with them about a question or two that I've had, I had absolutely no problem with getting my questions answered. I've actually quite missed that in other companies and readily recommend this one.

Well, I hope that his helps you all out.
This is so crazy!!!  I have been experiencing this same thing for quite a bit now and no one believes me.  I have a funny sense of smell and the air gets thick.  I call it a "gas" smell,  although I guess you can call it a 'smokey' smell.  I suffer from migraines also.  I am so glad to finally find out that I am not crazy!!!!!!
I have been smelling smoke and I was wondering is there anything that could stop the smell. What causes it and will it go away?