Allergy Community
smoke

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

smoke

I am not sure what is wrong with me, but i smell smoke when there is no smoke around and it's making me crazy. I have had major dental work over and over again, I hurt constantly and no one can figure out the problem. No i have this crazy smell of smoke and no one else smells it! I am beginning to wonder if i have nerve damage..... I have been to every kind of doctor for tests and a deadend each time.
Tags: smoke

Do you have any allergies to smoke? have you had some experience with smoke poisonings?

It appears to me that there is some source of a smoke smell around you which is causing this. Further, i think that you are allergic to smoke, and therefore even a small amount of any trigger factor triggers a reaction in your body which causes you to feel as if there is smoke around.

I am also thinking whether the dental work has cause some kind of damage to the nasal sensory epithelium which may have caused the strange feeling of constant smoke smell.

You may need to go to a an ENT specialist to get this examined. He will need to see whether there has been any damage to the epithelium or would you be having some kind of allergies.

Hope this helped. Either ways you should avoid smoke and other such allergens.