Allergy Community
sore throat, stuffy nose, and headache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

sore throat, stuffy nose, and headache

It all started a few weeks back with laryngitis and post nasal drip. I started to get my voice back and then I got a severe sore throat and it hurt to swallow and felt like my throat was swollen and it also felt like I had blisters on the back of my throat. My doctor told me to take regular mucinex to help with the pnd and to call back if it didn't get any better. After that was when my throat started hurting really bad. I've had a sore throat for almost 3 weeks now, and the severity fluxuates. And now my nose is very clogged and feels swollen. I have severe allergies, but I don't know if it's that or a bug. I've also been on amoxicillin and metho-prednosolone dose pack, my allergy medicine and claritin-d. I have a doctor appointment on Tuesday (that was only opening).
Hi,  I think seeing your doctor isd a very good idea.  Your symptoms sound like possible strep.  

I hope you feel better soon.

God bless.
I hope not, I've only had strep once before and my symptoms were very different. I had body aches the last time, and I don't this time. We shall see.