sore throat and seasonal allergies
I was just wondering if a sore or swollen throat can be probable symptom of seasonal allergies?  Every year around the months of april/may I tend to geet at least one throat infection or sore throat that can typically last for a few days at a time. Can this be related to the specific season?  
Sore throat in a particular season is due to seasonal allergies which may be due to pollen allergy or dust mite allergy. It can also be due to allergic rhinitis. Diagnosis is done by skin testing. A diluted extract of each kind of pollen is applied to a scratch or puncture made on your arm or back or injected under your skin. With a positive reaction, a small, raised, reddened area with a surrounding flush (called a wheal and flare) will appear at the test site. Confirmatory tests is by blood tests (RAST).

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.