Allergy Community
sphenoid surgery recovery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

sphenoid surgery recovery

About 3 weeks ago I had Endo surgery.  They repaired a deviated septum, left ethmoidectomy, bilateral reduction of all turbinates, and sphenoidotomy.  My doctor said that  recovery time (return to work) would be about a week. I'm now 3  days short of 3 weeks and still have huge parts of the day that I'm in pain.  The worst part is the weekly debriding. It knock me down to bedridden for at least 48hours. I have soreness/pain in the top of my head, occipatal headache my eyes become sore, and my front teeth become numb.  Is this normal for debriding?  Last week I did start on prednisone, and he extended my antibiotic for another 2 weeks. I've had a hysterectomy, it did bother me as much as this does.  What is the normal course of recovery for a surgery like this?  When does the scoping and suctioning stop? What are some of the complications from this surgery?  Would appreciate any insight into what I've gotten myself into.  They found fungus in the sphenoid and a mucocele in the left maxillary.
I am being told to have this surgery.  Everyone I know who has had it, has suffered greatly, been out of commission for more time than they said.   Is this always the case?

Does anyone who has really had it, still recommend it.  Why do they not tell you the truth about recovery time.
i'm scheduled for a Sphenoidotomy in April. Have you had yours? Any info is greatly appreciated.