steriod reaction
I have very bad asthma.  I can not take steroids due to a severe adverse reaction.  I use a ventolin inhaler but sometimes it does very little and I can spend days stuck in an attack (induced by cold symptoms).  Is there a good non steroid preventative medication out there?  My Pulmonologist prescribed singulair but it did not help and cost a lot of money.  I'd like to take some new drug ideas to my Dr. when I get back on health insurance next month.  Better yet, does anyone know why a steroid injection would cause me to lose potassium to the point of death (my potassium dropped below 2.0 within 6 hours of the injection).  If I could remedy that reaction I could take steroids and likely improve my quality of life.
Steroids lower potassium and calcium in just about everyone.  It is normal.  You do seem to lose more than most though.  Many people will take a potassium supplement when they are on steroids.  I certainly do, or I get severe cramping in my legs and feet.  Some times I take two potassium supplements a day depending on cramping.  

There are other options available although they are less effective than inahled steroids.  I will try to paste a list of options for you later in the day.  

The best control for asthma is trigger avoidance, which can be difficult or impossible with some triggers.  Are you doing everything possible to controll allergies and acid reflux?  

Take care and I will try to post that other info later.  I just have to get it from another site, but I can't link to it.

Take care and feel better.