stuffy nose at night
I only get a stuffy nose at night and it is interuppting my sleep. I have an air purifier in my room and clean/ 2 times a week. When I get up and start walking around it loosens up and isnt a problem. Why is this?
Hi chacha5,

How long have you had these symptoms? Have you or your family members been allergic to any substances? Have you had episodes of sinusitis or rhinitis?

This could be an associated episode of rhinitis or sinusitis. You should try steam inhalation just before you sleep and also saline nasal drops. Breathing exercises also are known to help in some cases. You could try oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications for a few days.

If your symptoms still persist, you should consult your doctor and talk to him / her about your symptoms in detail and also whether you need to see an allergy specialist or ENT specialist.

Let us know if you have any doubts and also keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.