Allergy Community
sun rash?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

sun rash?

I am usually in a mild climate. (Virginia) Its not too humid and not too hot, but I recently went to Louisiana for a week ( which is very humid and in the upper 90's everyday). One of those days i went tiki tubing, which is about 4 hours on a tube floating down a river. Of course i got sun burnt. It wasn't too bad because i did use sunblock. I treated my sunburn by taking hot showers/ baths (to remove the heat) and using lotion as necessary to hydrate my skin. Now i have this slight rash on my face and neck and it extends slightly to my upper arms/ shoulder and my upper-chest. It is very small bumbs, not really noticeable and they don't really itch, just kind of there and annoying.  I also have a weird taste on my tongue, like a metallic/plastic taste, and it wont go away. I thought it was a sun-rash and that it would go away in a couple of days, but it's been a week now. Its it just a sun rash and i should just be patient, does this taste in my mouth have  anything to do with the rash, and should I be concerned.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The rash if it is not infected should heal. If infected you may need antibiotic coverage. For the pigmentation, mild steroid based creams may help. The metallic taste may not be related to the rash. If the rash persists consult your doctor to rule out an infection.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.