Allergy Community
thrush
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

thrush

Can one have mouth thrush without being hiv positive? What cause thrush?
Tags: thrush, cause
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Thrush is because of a yeast like fungus. This disease is also known as candidiasis. It occurs in HIV positive patients. But it is also common in patients have diabetes mellitus. It can also occur in pregnant patients or patients who are taking corticosteroids.
Blank
I'm guessing you think you have thrush? Did a doctor diagnose you with it or do you just assume you have it?  Having thrush does not mean you are hiv positive. And thinking you have thrush doesn't mean you have it.  
Blank
i just got my tongue pierced three weeks ago and i think i have thrush
Blank
Hi,
There is a small amount of Candida or fungus that lives in the mouth most of the time. However, when the immune system is weaker, the fungus can grow, leading to thrush. Have this evaluated by your doctor for proper management. Tests such as microscopic examination of mouth scrapings or culture of mouth lesions may be done. Treatment such as antifungal mouthwash  or lozenges may be prescribed by your doctor.

Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank