Allergy Community
thumb infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

thumb infection

I have an infection on my Rt. thumb which has persisted for several weeks . the left side adjacent to thumbnail is  swollen with minor pus and the color is white.;  the  skin has peeled from the Lt side of thumb to the Rt bottom ctr of thumb, I experience a sharp pain when I hit something with my thumb on the lt side. I tried clotrimazole  and antibiotic cream to no avail. any suggestions ? I lost my job &  health Insurance recently , and I prefer not tp go to a doctor unless I have to.
Depends on how deep the cut is but, I would soak the thumb in peroxide for approx 10 mins.a couple times a day.. Hydrogen Peroxide is about 99cents at any local store. Then wrap you thumb loosely with a clean gauze pad or band aide...I wouldn't put any wrap on it at night time if it's not bleeding so it can get air to the cut...to heal.  I'd leave off any creams for now and just keep the cut cleaned out...if any pus gets worse or turns green and your thumb swells MORE - then you need to see a doctor as you might have an infection that has set in...Keep me posted! Deeds