Allergy Community
titanium plates and screws

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

titanium plates and screws

I had Broken my hand in Sept of 2010. the hand surgeon could not set the fracture and had to use titanium plates and screws to set it while it healed. the effect on my body was crazy. I got really weak and very very tired all the time. I was sleeping for about 18 to 20 hours a day. I had a metal taste in my mouth all the time. I had rapid thoughts, dreams and nightmares. by Dec I had lost allmost 35 lbs and had no appetite what so ever. I was hurting all over had a sed rate of 39 should have been below 15 so the joint pain from the inflamation (inflammation) was excrusiating. I got anemia and was freezing cold all the time and could not get warm no matter how I tried. I would get occasion fevers where I would have a temp of 101 degrees. then it would go away the fevers came about every 3 days or so. I had terrible nausia. I had the plates removed in dec. allmost 3 months to the day of having them put in. although some of the symptoms started to fade others persisted. well with mre testing I found I had hypothyroidism. Mind you before breaking my hand I was the picture of health 6' 2" tall and 230 lbs and was a heavy equipment manufacture and repair service tech. I have lost over 50 lbs. now I am taking levothyroxin (levothyroxine) to treat the hypothyroidism but I am still losing weight at an alarming rate. I am weak as a kitten and have lost allmost all my muscle tone. I get really tired and dizzy have a sore throat most of the time since the titanium was put in me. can anyone tell me if there is a place in Oklahoma city to get the melisa test for titanium? I believe it is what wiped out my body and my career of 26 years. from the picture of health to headaches especially on the left temple and behind the left eye, to the weight loss, the weakness and loss of muscle tone, the constant sore throat and many other things that all came about including the hypothyroidism. none of wich I had before the instalation of titanium in my body. this has really ravished my body with so many things there are to many to count. so please if anyone knows where to get tested in Oklahoma city please let me know.
The Melisa URL is: http://www.melisa.org/melisa-laboratories.php.  There are two labs in the US (WI and NJ).  A doctor will need to draw the blood and send it to the lab.

Come join us at the "titanium/vanadium/aluminum dental implant" topic in the Allergy community.  There are a number of us who have trouble with the effects of titanium and/or titanium dioxide.

Several of the people in the group have had titanium tooth implants removed, and are still not feeling well.
I don't know about any tests but I know I hate my plate and 4 screws at C5-6. Hot to the touch back of the neck, horrid, painful swallowing and pain where as before, no pain.  And now, always hearing snapping, cracking, popping sounds after whiplash caused by a school bus hitting me last sept. 1st.