Allergy Community
toxic black mold

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

toxic black mold

I found the following site very helpful on the topic of molds -
www.mold-survivor.com
Check the symptoms page where there is a list of 25+ symptoms related to a condition called mycotoxicosis. It's a pretty serious diagnosis. If you have 8 or more of the symptoms, chances are good that you may have that condition.
In my own case, I have only one - hypersensitivity pneumonitis. It seems that whenever I'm exposed to a specific black mold (or two), I go into respiratory arrest, my lungs develop pneumonia-like fibers and only high doses of steroids bring me back to normal.
Please post anything you findout about this condition. It seems to be more prevalent than you'd think. I believe there is even a study started in 2006 that is examining the relationship between toxic black molds and the cause of Autism.

This discussion is related to Mold Allergy.