Allergy Community
tramadol

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

tramadol

Is Tramadol a NSAIDs. I am allergic to asprin and do not take any NSAIDs because of this. I have severe backpain at the moment and wondered wether I could take tramadol for it.

Tramadol is not a NSAID.It is an atypical opioid which is a centrally acting analgesic, used for treating moderate to severe pain. Its exact mechanism of action is unknown but is thought to be similar to morphine.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do kep me posted if you have any additional queries.

thanks for your help.
Also, even though it is not yet classified as a narcotic it can become habit forming. So pleae be careful in the amounts you take and how often you take it.

Take Care,
JoAnn