Allergy Community
under eye allergic reaction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

under eye allergic reaction

For the past 4 days after trying new under eye cream,I awoke to buring swollen skin under my eyes,looks like I have been punched.The swelling has gone into my cheeks and now the itching has started,all the way down to my chin.Any suggestions would be welcome.Thanks
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Were you able to have the symptoms checked by your doctor? Allergic reaction to the new eye cream was indeed likely and this usually responds to discontinuing the cream and taking antihistamine medications. It is important to watch out for serious signs of allergy such as  difficulty of breathing and swelling which usually warrants immediate medical evaluation. If it recurs or persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.