Allergy Community
unexplained abdominal skin rashes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

unexplained abdominal skin rashes

Hi there!  Good to see a website that addresses health related questions.  I recently had pimple like rashes that appeared on my tummy and some also on my back.  Sometimes they are itchy, sometimes not.  This is the second time it appeared on my skin and on the same area.  The other time i had it was lastd September.  I went to ER, Occupational Health and my primary doctor and they all can't diagnose it.  Occupational Health tested me for varicella which came out negative.  This is really scaring me because after 7 months, it seems like i have a flare up.  This time with muscle achiness, fever, headache and swollen lymph nodes and stiff neck.  I was looking at the symptoms of valley fever and it looks close.  Before I had the flare up, there was a sand storm here in our area which after exposure to that I also experienced flulike symptoms.  Those symptoms were all gone because I treated myself with some natural remedies but the muscle ache (although minimal this time) still lingers.  My rashes dried up already but one or two pimple-like bumps still shows up.  I also noticed that I have new scaly areas on my tummy.  I always had good skin.  Always tried to live a healthy lifestyle.  This is really bothering me.  Please give me some opinion and advise.  I hope this is not something bad and hoping this is not permanent as well.  Thanks
Hey jeminy.
Welcome to the forum.
There's a good possibility that your suspicions where right on
Valley fever is quite prevalent in the S.W. and the symptomology matches well.
The positive aspect is that you managed to contain it, by using natural remedies
and by having a strong immune system.

The dormant fungal structure left in your body is causing a mini"flaring up" occasionally.
A regimented supplementation of  extra virgin coconut oil should take care of that.
EVCO is a great anti-fungal remedy and also anti-microbial, antiparasitic, anti-viral.
4 Tablespoons daily is the recommended therapeutic dosage.
Use it raw, over your toast or in cooking.
I've replaced all cooking oils with EVCO, as it is the ONLY safe oil for cooking.
It does not alter chemically with heat, it stays stable.
All other cooking oils when heated become pro-inflammatory in the body.
Check out all the health benefits of coconut oil at www.coconutresearchcenter.com
Hope this helps.
Should you have any questions please post again.
Blessings
Nikodicreta

Hi, welcome to the forum. The first thing to be ruled out is Drug eruption, and whether you have taken any drug recently as it involves 75% of cases. Few of the drugs are known to cause such spots all over the body. This can be seen within 2 weeks of exposure esp. after second dose due to sensitization. The most commonly prescribed medications (eg, antibiotics, sulfa) are implicated often.

If not drug, other allergens should be identified like certain food (fish, mushrooms etc.). Once the factor is identified then further exposure to the allergen should be avoided.
In such cases antihistaminic and steroids against prescription are quite effective.

Other possibilities needed to be ruled out are viral exanthem, Mycoplasma pneumoniae - serological test and chest radiography is important to rule out and should be treated with appropriate antibiotic, Rocky Mountain spotted fever (it is tick borne disease and needs serological test for diagnosis), infectious mononucleosis, scarlet fever; as a result of streptococcal tonsillopharyngitis, Kawasaki disease, and dengue. Hence, you need to undergo serological tests for few common causes.

I suggest you to consult physician for detailed evaluation. Take care and regards.  
It really sounds like shingles. But with a neg-varicella??? I dont know...
The whole thing sounds like how shingles makes you feel.  I would see a dermatologist