Allergy Community
what are we gonna do with our dog?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

what are we gonna do with our dog?

HELP!!  I just found out today that the reason my 8 month old stays with a sinus infection is basically due to our beloved dog "Pepper".  I know that I am gonna have to get him out of the house, this will be the only way to stop those doctor visits every two weeks.  But how do I get the left over Dander out of my house, and second do kids ever out grow this allergy?  I want to find our dog a temporary home and would like to get him back.  He has been with us for 8 years now, had him since he was a pup.  And now my 13 and 5 year old are heart broken!!  Any advise from anyone?  I'll take any help I can get!!  Thanks
Related Discussions
-5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
My son was allergic to our 2 cats and bought special allergen shampoo to wash them with (every week). I also bought allergen carpet shampoo, mopped floors every day and washed his bed linens and curtains every week. It was worth it to keep our beloved pets. Was it an allergist who told you it was the dog or reg. doc. If not an allergist see one first.
Blank
179332_tn?1273250959
I agree - see an allergist AND if you keep things washed and keep the baby away from the dog licking him/her then - things might improve. Also, a HEPA filter in the babies room should take any allergens out of the air,,,I use the round Honeywell HEPA every night in my room
Blank
I feel the doctors love to blame the allergy on the dog. My question is..Is your 8 month old any better..after letting Pepper go? If not..I'd reconsider..bringing him home.

Just my thoughts...
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank