what could I be allergic to?
I've been getting allergic symptoms (runny nose, blocked sinuses, sneezing, itching eyes) on and off the past few years. I get it during spring, but I'm also getting symptoms at this time of year (I'm in the UK). I've noticed it's worse at my parents house, so it's unlikely to be dust (they dust more than me!) or their cat since I also have a cat. Any ideas?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In fact if both you and your parents own a cat then the allergy can be due to cat. Only a skin test will rule out for sure whether it was cat allergy or not. Many people who own cats develop allergies after some time.
The other possibility is pollen and mold. Please consult a skin specialist and get a skin test for allergy or a RAST panel.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
i also got sneezy,runny eyes wheezey when i bought a  new carpet,i got diagnosed with rhinitis.i put up with it for 18 months then got rid of the carpet and my symptoms went.Have they bought any new items?curtains,carpets,new suite?anything like that can set me off,hope this helps.