Allergy Community
what is bilateral pneumonitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

what is bilateral pneumonitis

what is bilateral pneumonitis

This discussion is related to what is non specific pneymonitis, hypersensitivity pneumonitis and interstitial pneumonia.
my father can't sleep every night and he seems can't take a breath properly!!!
Welcome to the forum!
Pneumonitis is inflammation of lungs which can affect both the lungs. It can happen due to drugs, aspiration of stomach contents, fungal infection, chemotherapy etc.
Your father could be suffering from pneumonitis or from asthma or from severe GERD which can lead to aspiration. It could be due to other factors too. More information is required to comment further.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
thanks doctor i wanted to know about Pneumonitis. can you please explain what GERD is? it would be informative. thanks
Welcome to the forum!
Pneumonitis is an inflammation of lung. The causes vary—it could also be due to pollen allergy, inhalation of smoke, dust, silica, asbestos etc, and several other causes.

GERD is short form of gastro-esophageal reflux disease. It is a more serious form of gastroesophageal reflux (GER). When the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) opens on its own or does not close properly for even a small period of time, it causes the stomach contents rise up into the esophagus. This causes heart burn, dyspepsia etc. It can also result in the stomach content being aspirated into the lungs.

Hope this helps. Take care!
i have been diagnosed for pneumonitis bilateral. is there any medication i should take? or precautions? i havent seen a doctor yet but i had xray yesterday and the result says that. thanks