Allergy Community
whats the best thing to use for eczema

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

whats the best thing to use for eczema

whats the best thing to use for eczema

In most cases of eczema no one treatment will be effective. Medical research shows that the most effective treatment plan for eczema — regardless of type — involves using a combination of therapies to treat the skin and making lifestyle changes(prevention of triggers and application of lots of moisturizers) to control flare-ups. Doing so tends to increase effectiveness and reduce side effects from medications.

The type of medication prescribed will depend on many factors, including the type of eczema, past treatment, and the patient’s preference. Topical (applied to the skin) medication like mild steroids(hydrocortisone)to higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide) is frequently prescribed. If the eczema is more severe, phototherapy (a type of treatment that uses light therapy) or systemic (circulates throughout the body) medication like oral steroids may be prescribed.

http://www.skincarephysicians.com/eczemanet/treatment.html

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.

At a semenar I attended once they talked about eczema.  Or bodies don't produce the essential acids our skin needs so we must get it through our diet.  Try an omega 3 supplement or flaxseed oil.  Also, I've heard that the sun and tanning bed will help clear up severe cases.  Then you have to worry about wrinkles and skin cancer though.

Good Luck1  
With my experiences w/my toddler..the RX'd lotions didn't work. However, I have used the Aveeno Oatmeal soak in the tub, the body wash and the lotion...to be honest I actually use the WalMart brand version of Aveeno. It has cleared his spots up really well. Another tihng that my sister in law uses is for hers is the Aquaphor.

I do agree that the omega 3's & flaxseed could help based on what I have read about them.

Hope this was somewhat helpful to you!!

Take Care!