Alternative Therapies Community
Cannabis Oil- You guys gotta try this

WELCOME TO THE ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Biofeedback, Chelation Therapy, Chinese Medicine, Dance-Movement Therapy, Medical Marijuana, Feng Shui, Heliotherapy, Reflexology, Unani, Vitamin Therapy, and Yoga Therapy.

Cannabis Oil- You guys gotta try this

Try using cannabis oil for ED.  For this one, you want oil with as high a THC content as possible, no holds barred.  THC is a vasodilator much like Viagra.  
Mix some with some veggie oil, apply topically, and apply a condom.  All you need.  Be careful taking the condom off- the oil is sticky.  Mixing some veggie oil with the cannabis oil will thin it out and help things along if you wish.  The mild anaesthetic qualites of the oil make one last longer too- like a desensitizer cream.  
Enjoy!  And send any extra grateful admirers over to me haha.  
This sounds pretty dubious to me.  Viagra only works when taken internally, not rubbed on, because the blood vessels aren't where you suggest they are.  Cocaine is an anaesthetic, but cannabis is very mild and mostly just takes your mind off things as opposed to directly attaching to pain receptors.  As for internal cannabis being a vasodilator, anyone who's used the stuff knows it only works for sexual stimulation if that's what you're interested in already; it's an enhancer, not a creator.  And as a sedating substance, it's more likely to make you sleepy than last a long time.  As to your second post, where is this oil coming from?  The seeds would be the only likely source of oil, and they have very low levels of THC.  The flower tops have the most, but making an oil out of them would dilute the effect, not strengthen it.  It might strengthen other aspects of the plant, but not the THC.  Take opium -- opium extracts have been available for centuries, but they aren't very potent, while opium derivatives than can be injected are way too potent but effective for pain control.  Are you, by any chance, selling something?  
I cannot comment on topical applications, but an infused oil similar to the above mentioned taken internally may provide pain relief or other benefits.  Unfortunately many people are given addictive medications with no choices, in most states, for alternative medicinal treatments and many other people are either not open minded about the subject or not concerned.
I agree that viagra only works internally.  That's why cannabis oil has fewer side effects.  When rubbed in, or mixing some with some veg oil and then applying a condom is fun, it soaks in to the tissue an inch or so deep.  Does that for a back, too.  No matter where the blood vessels are (in my penis anyway haha) it gets to them. Viagra is also an enhancer- it's not like you take a viagra and are erect for six hours, some stimulation is still req.  
That's why smoking pot makes your eyes red- it dilates the blood vessels in the eyes.  
HempSEED oil does not have any THC, I agree there too.  Medicinal Cannabis Oil is made by soaking the plant material in alcohol and then evaporating the alcohol.  These days, many folks are getting some amber transclucent oil that's upward of 90% THC- that'd be Rick Simpson and Phoenix Tears.  WAY stronger than bud- I have a hard time getting more than 25% THC content out of that.  They have it pretty down, but they're missing one method of action that really blows the veracity. I have to disagree with it not concentrating the THC- Rick makes a living at it.  Oh, I've been a chronic pain patient for more than 20 years- maybe opium works a little TOO well for me haha.  But we can concentrate THC enuf that opium is needed for surgery and that's about it.  
Nope- not selling anythig in particular, though I do make a shampoo that does the same thing as minoxidil- dilates the blood vessels.  I have multi-year pix of my hair coming back in if you'd like.  I have a waiting list for what extra pot I grow, so far, too.  
Just bein a nice guy.  
Stealth lol dont get me started on how the stuff cures cancer and viral disease and y trigger a rgenerative gene that humans are just beginning to toy with.  They've doubled the lifespan of chimps with the stuff etc already.  It's your handle that made me think of it- what does that is basically a stealth virus.  Harvard is saying it's an enzyme but I still don't buy it- I think active bioagent because of a couple experiment results I've gottan.  Makes the plants selectively drop leaves and then crosses into the odd human and does the same thing.  BOY do we need more research on that one.  
"Importantly, the animals showed no signs of developing cancer. "
http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2010/11/partial-reversal-of-aging-achieved-in-mice/  That's a pretty conservative one.  
Sorry, but you're describing an alcohol tincture, which wouldn't enhance THC at all, not an oil.  A tincture is by definition less potent than the plant itself because it's one step removed from the plant, only allowing inefficient extraction by alcohol.  Tea is also an extraction method, but weaker than alcohol as water doesn't draw as much active material as alcohol.  There is another extraction method, supercritical CO2 extraction, but still, it's one step removed from the plant and only works well for fat soluble ingredients.  This sounds pretty bogus to me.  As for rubbing it in getting into the blood vessels, viagra gets to the blood vessels, and it can in fact cause an erection without any stimulation whatsoever, because that's what the drug does.  Marijuana doesn't do that, and it could just as well make you want to sleep.  Rubbing it in wouldn't change the character of the drug.  Where are you getting this stuff from?
Nah, Ed, I'm not decribing a tincture- In a tincture, the alcohol is left in.  We make tinctures usually out of glycerin.  Cannabis oil, you use alcohol to strip the oil from the plant material, and then put it in a rice cooker on low for a day or two to evaporate the alcohol.  What's left is a dark green to transparent amber, and it does lab test a upwards of 70% THC or there's something wrong.  I get 70-80% usually, tested using thin layer chromatography.  I've definitely heard of CO2 extraction, as well as steam, but haven't tried either.  A lot of this stuff I'm getting from personal experience, but the ED idea and how to make the oil I got from the Phoenix Tears Foundation.  They're at www.phoenixtears.ca or look up Rick Simpson Oil.  They have thousands of testimonials about the stuff.  No I'm not affiliated- as a matter fo fact we're in a bit of a tiff because they say THC cures cancer and that's not the part of the plant that does so.  I doubt that they list ED, but several backyard recipes are floating around.  THC wouldn't make you want to sleep when used topically- I have a very hard time discerning any psychoactive effect even when coating my left arm from shoulder to wrist.  Putting some oil under a bandaid is highly recommended for skin cancer, though, and there are hundreds of testimonials about exactly that.  Rubbing it in is only a method of application, not an attempt to modify any pharmacology.  Oh I got the recipe I first used for The Cure in 07 from an antiuque naturopathic cookbook, a forerunner to the Red Book of Hergest, ca 1400 CE.            
Listen, you're doing this, I'm not, but you can't extract with glycerine.  I don't think you have a clue what you're doing, and I think you're just trying to sell something.  Most of the experiments with THC for the things you're talking about use synthesized THC, because the THC in marijuana is extremely unstable.  Glycerine is used in an alcohol tincture for people who are avoiding alcohol -- the alcohol is burned off and glycerine is put in, but by itself it's a horrible extractive agent.  Vinegar is better, but intolerable to the taste.  Alcohol is better still, but if you burn off the alcohol, you're still left with whatever the alcohol was able to exract -- you can't add by subtracting.  Alcohol extracts only what it can extract, so it can't enhance the level of THC -- it's impossible.  Alcohol tinctures are used for most herbal remedies, but nobody would claim they can extract all the active ingredients -- they clearly don't, and aren't very good at extracting fat soluble ingredients.  Sorry, but this is just not making factual sense to me.
I don't understand what it is that you think I might be selling.  
Here are some recipes for glycerine cannabis tincture.  I've nly used the clear glass jar method, tho the crockpot idea might be fun.
http://www.thecannabischef.com/content/glycerin-cannabis-tincture
The way that cannabis oil concentrates the THC is that you use a lot of alcohol and then evaporate it to leave the oil.  I'm just making a abtch that took 2 pounds of pot and 4.5 gallons of alcohol, and will produce about 70cc of oil or so.  The alcohol is only a carrier and isn't in the final oil.  
I agree that no method is absolute.  I'm not perfect haha I'l admit that.  But that's the way pot research is, so far.  Word of mouth.  Hey there's something I'm selling- I like to ask people to vote for pot legalization.  I have years of pictures and reports and etc tho.  Sorry I appear confusing.  
I don't mean to turn this into an epic or anything, but I have years of experience in the herbal products renaissance, and you just don't know the technology or the terminology.  I'm just trying to protect anyone who sees this from buying into this apparently bogus post.  Again, you can't make a tincture with glycerine that is at all potent, because glycerin doesn't extract well.  When you see a glycerine tincture in a store, it's an alcohol tincture with the alcohol burned off and glycerine replacing it for people who wish to avoid alcohol, but it's quite weak compared to an alcohol based tincture.  Alcohol doesn't produce an oil, it produces a tincture.  You can then make it into an "oil" by adding olive oil, but it isn't a true oil.  True oils are produced from oil bearing seeds.  When you turn a tincture into an oil, you don't increase the potency of anything, you don't change the nature of anything, you simply put it into a form where it can more easily be applied topically.  Similarly, cooking down a tincture in a crockpot just burns off the alcohol but it doesn't and can't change the chemical potency.  The only way to increase THC potency is in the plant breeding process and by using only those parts of the plant that have the highest THC content (for example, hashish, which is just the resin) or by isolating THC, which is very difficult because it's a very unstable chemical compound.  But let's end this and let the readers decide if there's anything but a desire for profit here.
Oh BOY.  I'm sorry, Ed, but I really don't know where YOU are getting your info.  I've been growing, smoking, and making oil out of pot for right at 40 years, and really, haha, I KNOW what hashish is.  And it's NOT pure resin.  You say a tincture can't be made with glycerin and I've fallen for a bogus recipe- I've SEEN literally DOZENS of people do this and tasted the results many times.  What you're saying is impossible is "stock in trade".  I'm associated with a global think tank and have been for years, I have 8 fulltime years of college and of course used pot the whole time, to include extracts.  
Cooking off alcohol from cannabis oil in a crockpot does not enhance the quality of the THC- only the concentration of it.  Refrigeration is what they recommend with Marinol and cannabis oil- it'll keep about 6 months before it starts to go bad pretty much.  Try www.phoenixtears.ca  they have most of it.  We're just learning new things too though out here on the cutting edge.  
Profit?  I'm a little insulted on that repetition.  I'll be frank- the reason I'm here is I used to be a bad guy.  Army sniper (Storm), infantry, cold war nasties, with lots of time in between for other assorted bad things.  Sortof worshipped death.  One kid with a Wiccan.  And then various things happened to me including getting knifed in the heart and surviving, but that was after losing all hope with cancer and having the oil "miraculously" cure me.  It says in Ezekiel that if someone bad turns back from his wicked ways and does ONLY Justice and Righteousness,he will not die.  I'm trying to hedge my bets on that lottery.  So far its worked.  And I lost my wife when I maybe could have saved her, and my Mom when I probably could have saved her.  So another big reason I'm here is for payback.  
I just thought I might get laid out of the deal too haha.  It's worked repeatedly already.   But nah I'm looking for The Big One to put on The Wheel, more than anything.  It'd be great to have everyone off my *** long enuf to get the stuff to a proper lab too though.  I almost got busted with 300 clones out the back door of OHSU one time, for example. About ten years ago.  They had varying stages of an anticancer virus experiment.  Anyway- Please spend a little time looking around the web.  The recipes are everywhere and the vast majority work.      
The web is the most unreliable source of information the planet has ever known.  Without a mass spectrometer you have no idea what the potency is of your product.  You can't successfully tincture with glycerine, it doesn't extract well, but if you insist you can, what do I care?  As for the profit thing, some people come on here with these "miracle" cures and they're mostly selling something -- if you're not one of those, good, I'm just trying to look out for the others on here because I'm the only one here who was in the industry. All major herbal companies use mass spectrometers and other advanced equipment if they make any claims about potency, such as with standardized products, which aren't natural and use methods of piling on product at the expense of other active ingredients in the plant.  Which is something else to consider -- a plant has a synergistic blend of ingredients; when you isolate one out and just work on that, you're basically making a pharmaceutical product, not a natural product, with no historical evidence of safe use.  So be careful out there.  Peace.
No point in trying to help, is there?  
Please see wikiedia article on Thin Layer Chromatography or TLC.  It isn't terribly accurate, but especially if one has a baseline one can come pretty close.  I can also make the plates inhouse.  I learned this trick in college chem.  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin_layer_chromatography
Here's only one of the many commerciallly available kits.  
http://www.canna-test.com/
All I'm islating is the oil from the plant, i'm not separating the thc out per se.  There are all sorts of organic goodies that you don't get with sativex or marinol- one of those cures cancer.  
But anyway- whatveer I say, no matter hether I have references and training or not, is twisted into something negative and or simply lied about.  Standard anti-pot stuff.  It does get tiring watching people die needlessly while continuing to refute twaddle.  We need to get this into a proper lab.  And leave in the contaminants.  
Paxiled I think EIOA is trying to say he is making consentrate( hash oil which in fact is amore potent gram for gram. Flower is around 223% THC and concerntrate comes back %70 to %80 THc. You then need a carrier oilCoconut oil or Olive oil,ect) so ya mix it up. I have a topical company which I will not mention. I make edible oil based lube. (Not condom freindly for intercourse) I have had several patients both male and female swear by this products enhancing there love making. Instead of telling someone they are wrong why not rub one off and give it a try:) We get it dissolving hash oil in veggie oil would dilute it.
Yeah, I mentioned I thought he was talking about hash, but he says he isn't.  The reason I questioned this is because some people come on here trying to sell something, and I just want the others on here to know when I think that's the case -- and usually you can tell because they're methodology or info is inaccurate.  I don't really care if people want to try it -- as far as I know there's no harm in it.  But there's also no mechanism for it to do what he and you says it does.  People swear the world's going to end all the time, but it doesn't.  What's the point of life if not to separate out good info from bad so people can advance?  If you want that effect, we know cocaine works, why not just do that?  But really, I don't care about it, I'm not anti-pot though my own pot days are long long past, but since smoking or eating it enhances sex if you're inclined to have sex, and you get high to boot, why not just use it the old fashioned way?
A true master experiments without the limitations of the narrow mind... Anything is possible if you open your eyes:) Just because they said the world was flat didn't mean that it was, lol Thankyou for your input eioua... People that arent afraid to explore into the unkown are the innovators of the future...
The skin is an organ and the scrotum absorbs very easily what are these people so defensive for, LOL