Alternative Therapies Community
Copper/Ferritin deficiency, low cortisol, high glucose and Hashimoto&#x...
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Biofeedback, Chelation Therapy, Chinese Medicine, Dance-Movement Therapy, Medical Marijuana, Feng Shui, Heliotherapy, Reflexology, Unani, Vitamin Therapy, and Yoga Therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Copper/Ferritin deficiency, low cortisol, high glucose and Hashimoto's/Hypothyroid

I added the test to my labs because I saw a marked increase in gray hair. It turned out I have a deficiency. My levels were 60 (range is ug/dL 80-155). I also started going gray in my mid 20's after having Alopetia Areata. I saw that there's a connection with low copper and low white blood cell count (which I don't have).

I'm a vegetarian and eat plenty of nuts, but eat other copper rich foods. I have been supplementing almost daily for a month and it's only increased to 65. My Zinc is within range at 78 (range ug/dL 60-120). My Ferritin is also low at 7 (range ng/mL 11-307). My vitamin C (which helps iron absorb) is in range at 1.1 (range mg/dL 0.4-2.0).

My a.m. cortisol is also low at 8.4 and range is (7.7 - 22.6 ug/dL). B12 and D also in range, but low - I'll supplement these, copper and iron.

Is there any connection between these or these and hypothyroid, autoimmune disease or other conditions?

Is a blood test for copper reliable? Is it anything to worry about? I don't have symptoms of Wilson's disease except for a recent puffy belly, but I think that might be related to glucose. Doctor didn't tell me this, but it seems from my labs that I am prediabetic with glucose at 101 (range 70-99).