Alternative Therapies Community
Curing the Incurable - Varicose Veins

WELCOME TO THE ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Biofeedback, Chelation Therapy, Chinese Medicine, Dance-Movement Therapy, Medical Marijuana, Feng Shui, Heliotherapy, Reflexology, Unani, Vitamin Therapy, and Yoga Therapy.

Curing the Incurable - Varicose Veins

I could not find the appropriate topic above, so ignore the acupressure.

Until a few years ago I had a bad case of varicose veins. The inside of each ankle had sacks of purplish stagnant blood that was frightening to look at. The rest of my feet and lower legs had darkened splotches. The skin on my ankles was paper thin and I felt if I scratched I would bleed all over the floor. All I could think of to do was cream my feet.

Someone suggested I try Yunan Baiyou (a Chinese preparation that acts like arnica, but which is much more effective). So I rubbed my feet with this and, sure enough, the condition seemed to improve. And it continued to improve. After a couple of weeks the sacs of blood were mostly gone. I stopped using the Yunan Baiyou. My feet continued to improve without it, and finally I was left with only some small spots of minor discoloration. I decided to use the Chinese preparation again to clear my skin completely. Nothing happened.

So I had to think about this. It was not logical that Yunan Baiyou got rid of my varicose veins, and my doctor was as surprised as I was. As well he should have been. This is what I think happened.

Two or three years earlier I had decided to add liquid trace minerals to our filtered water. That way I wouldn't be bothered with pills and every time I drank water I would get my minerals. I also added extra silicon. If the minerals were responsible for the cure, then Yunan Baiyau merely served to clear away the stagnant blood from an area that was already mostly healed. That made more sense, so, yes, I think it was the minerals that brought about the cure. What added to my belief was that several minor conditions were cured during that same period. By the way, I had not changed my diet or added any other supplements to my regimen during that time, except for the trace minerals and silicon.

If you want to try this you must be patient. The cure does not come overnight. But it does come.

I know of no one who has rid himself of herself of varicose veins without surgery or injections. And, by the way, neither method is a cure, because the varicosities recur. The site you note is (1) an advertisement ,and (2) suggests "procedures," which to me means either surgery or injections. There is no mention of supplements. No surprise. They can't make money by dealing in supplements.

So I stand by my sure-fire method. One tablespoon of trace minerals per gallon of water and 16 drops of BioSil (a bioavailable form of silicon). No invasive procedure. Very low cost. Desirable side effects - improved skin, hair and nails. Loss of liver spots and nasty calluses.
There are supplements that can help with varicose veins and their cousin, hemorrhoids.  Doesn't mean they're guaranteed to work, and they take time, but some herbs do have the effect of strengthening vascular walls.  These include witch hazel, horse chestnut, and others which you'll find in herbal formulas.  Personally, I think they probably work better when used quickly or as a preventative or to prevent reoccurrence.  Planetary Formulas makes a good formula in both topical and internal form.
My regimen absolutely worked and had other benefits. My feet were horny and callused and are now baby soft. The large liver spot on my face disappeared and the skin in my outer ears returned to normal after causing infections from the time I was a teenager.

I don't say that the supplements you recommend are not beneficial, but I have not heard that they ever completely cured the condition. (And mine was at the point of ulceration.) I still look at my feet in amazement.