Excess Blood Calcium
OK, just received results of blood test & says high calcium (10.8).  Well.......All winter I've been very well, no colds, no brochitis even when the rest of the family was ill.  I believe Vit D3 helped keep me well.  Been taking about 5000 iu per day. Think that could be causing trouble with the calcium?
That's a lot of D.  Personally, I don't take mega doses unless I'm treating something specific.  Highest recommended dose just for daily use I've ever seen is 1000 i.u.  But since D helps you absorb calcium, it's possible there's a link.  More likely, you're not getting enough magnesium, which is common in the American diet and supplementation.  Everyone says take calcium and few tell you too much calcium will leach out your magnesium.  If you increase your magnesium intake, it'll leach out the excess calcium.
My husband's bloodwork revealed too much calcium which they said could indicate cancer, turned out to be the too much of the supplement.
Thanks, yeah figured I overdid it.  After receiving the results, the first thing I did was hit the internet of course.  And I try always to remember "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".  I ran into the cancer thing mammo, right away. Also much mentioned was parathyroid tumors.  Couple months to get the excess D3 out of my system then have it rechecked I suppose.  Thank you for the comments.  Much appreciated.  Nice not being alone with my questions.