Gulf War Syndrome?
I know someone who returned home after almost six year in Iraq (as a civilian) with perplexing symptoms of toxicity. Since Iraq is contaminated with depleted plutonium (ain't war grand?), I am thinking low-level, chronic radiation poisoning, since some of the symptoms fit. If so, does anyone have any suggestions for treatment? (Chelation works, but is dangerous because it can destroy the kidneys.)
I sent you a PDF file for Detox.
Hey allmymarbles.
For your friend and anybody else, I would suggest the following simple protocol for detox and enhanced wellness.

1. Glutathione GSH.
  “Detoxification System”
Hundreds of toxins are eliminated by the GSH enzyme system, including drug breakdown products, pollutants, carcinogens and Radiation damage. It’s no surprise that GSH concentrations are highest in the liver, the body’s major detoxifying organ. We inhale and ingest natural and synthetic toxins every day of our lives and can’t possibly avoid them, especially in our technological era with congested and polluted cities and bio-engineered food supplies. Experimental studies have shown that low glutathione levels lead to poor liver and kidney function, and result in unnecessarily large quantities of toxins circulating through the body. There, they continuously damage individual cells and organs. The list of toxins eliminated include cigarette smoke, automobile exhaust and heavy metals. Physicians regularly use drugs to elevate glutathione levels in critical illnesses like acetaminophen overdose and severe liver failure.
There are over 80.000 (not a typo) studies on Glutathione.

Best source is Un-denatured Whey. I buy bulk plain un-denatured whey with nothing added
from Nutriteck in Quebec. They ship anywhere and are FDA inspected.
No blender or heat at all!
Just stir well  2 teaspoons- with a spoon- in a smoothie, juice, yogurt etc.
3-4 servings daily (preferably 1H away from meals)

2 EVCO.Extra Virgin Coconut oil. Natural Detoxifier and Anti-microbial and Anti-anything!
(almost)
  4 Tablespoons daily is the recommended dosage. Raw or in cooking. Check it out at
coconutresearchcenter.com. Also check out "oil pulling" with coconut oil.
I do oil pulling every morning! Great for oral hygiene and mouth detox (toxins and bacteria)

Hope this helps, and should you have any questions, please post again or message me directly. I've been using these products along with the members of my informal co-op wellness club, and we're experiencing  great results all along.

Blessings
Nikodicreta

I will look into gluthiathione  GSH. Interestingly my husband and I use coconut oil. Many thanks for your suggestions. They are much appreciated.
I haven't gotten it.
I made my comment on the other forum, which was to say plutonium is extremely unlikely to be the problem, but that's another horse and color.  Here, I just want to clarify the FDA.  It doesn't inspect whey made in Canada.  Canada would inspect the plant with their regulatory system, and since it's one respected by the US, the FDA wouldn't get involved at all unless a problem was reported with the product.  That leads me to wonder about the info, since if the notion of FDA inspection is coming from some source of this product, then that brings into question the honesty of the purveyors.  Just a caution.  As for the amount of glutathione if whey, it's in all protein, not just whey, and dairy can be a problem for people, especially those with a possible liver problem.  The two best ways to get glutathione is by taking the amino acids that form glutathione, since glutathione itself is considered very difficult to get into the system as a supplement.  Now, whey is a food, not a supplement, but you're going to have to take a whole lot of dairy to use it as a glutathione supplement sufficient for detoxification, and the dairy is a toxin to many people all by itself.  Wheat grass contains a fair amount of glutathione, and there is a specially formulated wheat grass product called Cell Guard that's supposed to be good source of glutathione, but I'm not going to tell you FDA inspects it because they don't inspect much of anything more than one a decade, and that's just the plant, not the product.  It's a reactive agency, not empowered to be proactive.  On the other hand, there are many liver detoxifiers out there other than just glutathione.  Since I don't personally think plutonium is the problem, it's nice to know what is the problem, but general liver detoxification can be done in many ways.  Most are based on milk thistle and blupeurum and the like -- the world has supplied us with a lot of liver detoxifiers.  Fasting is also a liver detoxification program.  Some use coffee enemas.  But detoxifying a person who is in a weakened condition is dicey and should be done carefully, since it will at least for a time interfere with nutrient absorption.  At any rate, whatever you try, best of luck to you.
I sent it again let me know if you receive it! you do have my email address?
Got it. Thanks.
Correction to the above. I should have said "uranium," not "plutonium."
My apologies.
The mfg. facility is inspected and licenced by U.S.D.A.

Regards,
Nikodicreta