Alternative Therapies Community
Have-anyone-else-had-success-with-magnesium--omega-3-and-self-hypnosis?...

WELCOME TO THE ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Biofeedback, Chelation Therapy, Chinese Medicine, Dance-Movement Therapy, Medical Marijuana, Feng Shui, Heliotherapy, Reflexology, Unani, Vitamin Therapy, and Yoga Therapy.

Have-anyone-else-had-success-with-magnesium--omega-3-and-self-hypnosis?

Hi there and yes I've had a lot of success curing my insomnia.  I started supplementing with Magnesium Chloride Oil transdermally because if you are deficient in magnesium you can't properly absorb it orally.   The Mag supplementation has really been great and helped me be more calm,  less anxiety and helped me sleep better.

I started really focusing on self hypnosis and meditation a while ago and it has changed my life.  I add in binaural beats at night for sleep sometimes that I get off youtube, I put the headphones in with my laptop next to me and drift off.  

I think so much depression, anxiety and insomnia could be cured if people would take the time to REALLY work on themselves internally, learn to relax and give themselves positive affirmations.

I am even beating my daily headaches by simply stopping when I feel my headache coming on and thinking "what am I angry, stressed about?"  "What could I subconciously be worrying about" - when I verbalize this to myself, acknowledge it my headache instantly stops and I'm fine.

The mind can cause real pain in our bodies to keep us from  dealing with past traumas and traumatic or stressful feelings.  It isn't always true but for me I knew it was because my health is always worse when I stress or repress anger.  For me  acknowledging it has been key.

Good post, thanks!
Thanks for your well put words.
Like today I have spent my day around the house, just doing small things nothing special planned. 1 1/2 months ago that would have been impossible. I would stress out and have really stronge anxiety. It's not all peaches and rainbows now either. BUT, it's a lot better. I'm currently working on accepting things. As I acknowledge my feelings and thougts, and don't try to stop it, I tend to feel a whole lot better. The anxiety plays tricks on us, but if we learn that it is just that, tricks. It's easier to start the process of healing. It's easier for me to say it now, as I am getting better, but I really do believe that it's possible. :)
I couldn't agree with you more, it isn't magic thats for sure but for some people it can make all the difference.  It's nice to find someone getting help from this as well.  Dr. John Sarno's book MindBody Prescription has been a really helpful tool for me.  If you haven't read it, check it out.
May I ask how long you have been using the methods you are currently using? I also let the anxoius thoughts just come now (but not in control of it yet), sometimes I even invite them (sounds a bit weird), but it's less fearful when there isn't a stranger who is knocking on the door. Ok, bad metaphor, but you probably understand what I'm trying to say. Since the hypnotherapy has helped me so far I think that with time I will only progress and get better, who knows, maybe one day I can look back and say it has actually made me stronger. I'm currently working on self esteem and not being a victim, which has been working really well. I'll check out the book, any good advice I'll take.  
I have doing most for about 60 days but I've also been doing Kundalini yoga for about 1.5 years and that literally changed my life, opened me up to receive all these others things I'm doing.  I would also recommend seeing if you have a kunalini class in your area - it will change your life.  

I think stopping those feelings of anxiety is important so instead of letting them come and inviting them in - start REALLY trying to say "Stop" (out loud even if you need to - I did and saying it out loud helps me)   So when those feelings come I say stop - reverse and I put a good image, thought, affirmation in it's place.  The goal is to learn to control those feelings of fear and anxiety and you can do that better if you have a positive thing to put in it's place.  It is a process and it takes time but you can do it.

You will absolutely grow, we are all works in progress and will be our entire lives.  As long as you seek to be better, see to be more in tune with yourseelf you will always grow.  I think its exciting to know that I've come so far as a human but nowhere compared to where I will be in a few more years and so on, and so on.

I applaud you for taking the bull by the horns and being so proactive and introspective with yourself in handling anxiety.  So many people do not have the strength to do it.  Keep seeking!