Heartburn
Been getting some acid reflux/heart burn recently well last few days , is there any natural supplement I can take or any ideas I can use , I have taken a OTC acid reducer but I would like a natural way ..thanks guys
Stomach acid keeps the harmful bacteria that creep into your gastrointestinal tract at bay. Suppressing these acids for long periods of time increases your risk of gastrointestinal infections, pneumonia, and even stomach cancer.
Stomach acid also helps you absorb important micronutrients like calcium and magnesium, so taking these drugs means you’re more likely to develop a nutritional deficiency. And the older you are, the worse these drugs are for you––you make less stomach acid as you age, so you need even more calcium and magnesium to stay healthy.
And acid blockers can cause many, many other side effects including abdominal pain, constipation, and diarrhea (probably because of the disruption of your gut bacterial balance). They can also cause confusion, drowsiness, flushing, headache, dry mouth, and nausea.
Try marshmallow root. And no, not the corn-syrup-laden marshmallows you find in the cake section of your grocery store. I mean real marshmallow root, from the actual marshmallow plant.
Marshmallow root is part of an herbal group called demulcents—soothing substances that quiet inflammation in mucous membranes, including those in your digestive tract and esophagus. Demulcents actually coat, soothe, protect, and repair your mucosal membranes, which heartburn can irritate and damage.

3 to 5 g of the Nature’s Way product, two to three times a day. Other good demulcents include aloe vera gel and deglycyrrhizinated licorice.
thank you I will look for marshmallow root at my local sprouts ...