Alternative Therapies Community
Hemangiosarcoma / Yunnan Baiyao

WELCOME TO THE ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Biofeedback, Chelation Therapy, Chinese Medicine, Dance-Movement Therapy, Medical Marijuana, Feng Shui, Heliotherapy, Reflexology, Unani, Vitamin Therapy, and Yoga Therapy.

Hemangiosarcoma / Yunnan Baiyao

My golden retriever (6) has been diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma this week. There is info online about a chinese herb called Yunnan Baiyao that is supposed to help to control the bleeding that occurs with this type of cancer. Does it work?
Never heard of it, but I have a holistic vet.  Perhaps you can find one in your area.
We regularly use Yunnan Baiyao. It is marvelous for treating bruises and for healing after surgery. (Our personal experiences using it.) In the Far East a potent form is carried by soldiers who use it in the event they receive severe injuries. It is in keeping with the effect of this product that it would control bleeding,  but I have no personal experience at that level. All in all, Yunnan Baiyao is a very valuable item and we would not be without it.