Alternative Therapies Community
Hiccups gone immediately - is this an acupressure point?
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Biofeedback, Chelation Therapy, Chinese Medicine, Dance-Movement Therapy, Medical Marijuana, Feng Shui, Heliotherapy, Reflexology, Unani, Vitamin Therapy, and Yoga Therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hiccups gone immediately - is this an acupressure point?

My son developed a sudden, painful attack of hiccups last night. I had read somewhere that pressing your fingers into the hollows behind your ear lobes could end an attack of hiccups. He tried it, and it worked immediately!

Does anyone know if this is a specific acupressure point? I don't see it on any charts.

I'm certainly going to remember this the next time I have hiccups. I've never seen anything work so quickly to stop hiccups!
Related Discussions
22 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
I dont but tell you what works in my house , crunch on a small spoonful of sugar ..white or brown ...
Blank
Yes, I have used sugar to stop hiccups in the past.
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
Its strange the way it doesnt work for every body  I dont know if a low blood sugar starts the hiccoughs in thge first place and the sugar ilifts the level or the crunching effect ..but it works for us .Have you tried it on your son? how is he doing today , sneezing is what I hate it jolts my whole body ..lol and its allergy time ...
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
Amazing. Thank you both.
Blank
  I had the opportunity to test the pressure point treatment on my own hiccups two nights ago. Worked like a charm!
Blank
1142330_tn?1268098724
It could be an acupuncture point. Sometimes an acupuncture point appears only when the body is not healthy; and once the body has recovered the point will 'disappear'. However, points on the ear usually don't have specific names. But thanks for sharing this information, I really need it. =)
Blank
1142330_tn?1268098724
I think the point is Yi Feng.
Blank
   I just realized my original post is a bit unclear. The pressure point is against the skull, in the hollows just below the skullbone, behind the ear lobes. You would press into your skull, not against your earlobes. Hope that's more understandable. You could also say the hollows just above the joint at the top of the jawbone, behind the ears.
Thanks, Maliya for that info, didn't know that!
Blank
1509313_tn?1289970432
earlobe and surrounding areas are sure and safe acupressure points for cure of hiccups . as a reflexologist i suggest that before taking medicines we try these holistic science and naturopathy methods
Blank
139792_tn?1299416777
To All,
Hollow below the ear lobe in the scull,Our side cente point of the ear and below the upper part of the ear are three points for improving hearing. It is said that ear has 300 acupuncture points.
Many years back, i was inserted two needles in my ears to stop the urge to smoke. However it did not work. Now I am 80. I stopped smoking at 75. I stopped as cold turkey without any technique or procedure.By chance i had no cigaret-stock with me for 24 hours. So i thought to know how long i can resist smoking. In last 5 years  I have take 6 puffs to light cigs for my friend who could not light his Cig under the fan. These puffs did not lure me to smoke further. I was lucky to get rid of the nasty habit. I smoked for 50 years and must have tried to leave smokening 50/100 times. If expert acupuncturist treats, it is possible to treat with ear points as well.
Blank
1756464_tn?1312571657
Yes. The acupuncture point is called Yi Feng. It is known for alleviating hiccups.
Blank
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Hiccups for 30 minutes, cured in 3 seconds!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Blank
You're Welcome, times three! Glad it worked for you! Isn't it amazing?
Blank
omg what a great piece of advice thank you so very much my daughter gets the hiccups and it lasts for days i just read you post and went straight to her put the oressure on and thy went away i actually think when i first did it it went away but i waited for 30 seconds just to make sure my daughter has had this problem since birth and i have been so trying to find a cure or help to stop it. i am just new to reflexology but i am here for life now
Blank
I will give this a try as I have the same issue and let you know.
Thank you.
Blank
Holy cow!!!! Amazing!  I just tried this and it worked immediately! ! It also seemed to calm my lo immediately!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Alternative Therapies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...