Alternative Therapies Community
RECTAL BLEEDING AND LOWER RIGHT BACK PAIN

WELCOME TO THE ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Biofeedback, Chelation Therapy, Chinese Medicine, Dance-Movement Therapy, Medical Marijuana, Feng Shui, Heliotherapy, Reflexology, Unani, Vitamin Therapy, and Yoga Therapy.

I am a 48 year old male and I have a few issues and I wonder if they are connected.
I have an external prorusion from the rectum, not a lot but it is noticable. I heard that hemorrhoids can cause this. But in addition I have discomfort in my lower right back, and if I'm sitting for a while then stand up, it becomes tight and a bit painful. And finally, I had bright red blood in the toilet bowl last night (after I ate a spicy dish) but a fair amount of blood. This morning I had a good bowel movement and no blood at all. Then a few hours later I went for a long walk, and then went to the bathroom and had the blood again.

So the blood, the lower right back pain and the anal protrusion (and some itching) are the symptoms.

Any idea what is going on? I dont like the idea of going on medication or having surgery and would prefer a natural approach if possible.

Thanks,

Johnny Rock    
First you need a diagnosis, so see a doctor.  Sounds like a hemorrhoid for one thing, but they don't cause back pain, and they do cause itching and pain when you go so you kind of know you have one.  Time to get a diagnosis, then you can consider what to do about it.
Paxiled is correct, see your doctor! the back pain can be anything from sciatica, a lumbar strain or kidney!
A few things come to mind,  but there is possible rectal prolapse, and it could be something more serious as to cause the significant bleeding.   If it's just the prolapse, TCM can help.  But you will need to have your physician diagnose you first,  he/she may order some imaging to help make the diagnosis. Good luck! There is a place and time for every medicine, and you may need to fall back on both natural and Biomedicine to help you now.  
Unless you see a doctor that is expert on your issue, you can know what exactly is the cause of your condition. It is recommended to have a physical exam/ lab test.
*you can not know...
   I used to suffer from the same conditions 4 years before. When I consulted an anorectal surgeon, he told me that I had hemorrhoids at two or three places and needed surgery. I got surgery done and for the last 3 years I am fine.I do not have the recurrent back pain. Please consult an anorectal surgeon. Thanks