Alternative Therapies Community
Rhodiola

WELCOME TO THE ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Biofeedback, Chelation Therapy, Chinese Medicine, Dance-Movement Therapy, Medical Marijuana, Feng Shui, Heliotherapy, Reflexology, Unani, Vitamin Therapy, and Yoga Therapy.

Rhodiola

Hi guys could you give me some input about Rhodiola  I have been taking some tabs called Serenity fromula, someone told me about containing the herb Rhodiola,to promote well being , they are good one ones contain sensoril, lavender, rhodiola ,Euthero ...I have been taking 2-3 times a day they make me feel pretty good, I also take a one a day Womens supplement.Have you heard of any negative affects of the herb Rhodiola ?
Rhodiola
It's also known as Golden root or Artic root, it reduces stress and suppresses excess catecholamine excretion from the adrenal glands. Catecholamine is a hormone that can cause us to feel jittery and anxious. .
It's effective for both men and women. This stuff is great for improving both your mood and your sex drive. Rhodiola balances out your hormones, and increases dopamine one of the neurotransmitters in your brain which is very important for sexual
function and libido. It’s great for treating mild to moderate depression,
and it’s also safe to use long-term, or alongside an antidepressant.
Start with 100 mg a day. Increase your dose by 100 mg every four to
seven days, but don’t exceed 300 to 400 mg.
Hi! Yes, I have heard rhodiola is good too.  The post above is good info... do proceed slowly as she suggests. I was put on rhodiola last year, very high doses to start. At first I had such great energy and felt awesome in mood. But then my heart raced, isomnia and jittery feeling.
I was very "turned off" and did not want to take it again. BUT, I think if I been started slowly perhaps I would have had a good experience, since I have heard many people say it is great. I am a super sensitive person who needs to proceed slowly and go light on doseage to start.
Best wishes to you- you will do great.
well,l I am not depressed or in need of a big libido lol   but I started to get somewhat stressed out with the haappenings to our country so someone told me take this Serenity formula its really good, so I started the about 4 weeks ago, I have had some insomnia and jitteriness like too much caffeine, so have been googling to get more information ..the I thought of you guys and having known some of you a while' I had a gut feeling you would have some input ..hahah which you have done ..
I used to take Rhodiola not so long ago and it's a good product I guess. The stimulant adaptogen is very mild (kinda like nicotine) and as for the dopamine it's true that it promotes it.

I will probably use it again.

M4
Rhodiola is great for athletes.  It tends to be a stimulating adaptogen for people with anxiety, so the one thing to look out for is nervousness, insomnia, that kind of thing.  If you have that better adaptogens are eleuthero and ashwagandha and American ginseng, and d-o-n-g quai for women.  For me, a big anxiety sufferer, it wouldn't be recommended, though you never know.  As for the cause of your problem, it's unlikely the situation in the country is causing you any stress.  We make our own stress.  People who seek stress will find it, if you get my drift.  People who don't, don't, even if they're very concerned about something.  So that's more a situation of you looking for something to get stressed about, though why some of us do that I haven't a clue.
I think you are right...about us causing our own stress that is a given, what I meant was my concern for the changes happening fast have been a stress  to me, and I suspect many others , so someone said try these...thank you for pointing it out though .....lol