Rib Pain
My chiropractor was trying a manual adjustment on my upper left rib cage when i felt a rib move. Now I am in a lot of pain.
I have no use for chiropractors! If you need adjustments see a DO (Doctor of Osteopathy). Google Doctor of Osteopathy!
You may have a rib head out of place.  Massage therapy can also offer relief but go to a therapist that specializes in medical or orthopedic massage or one that knows Segmental/ Injury bodywork.  They can work the muscles in between the ribs (which can get tight and 'comspress' the ribs - so to speak, causing things to shift). The unfortunate thing, in my opinion, about adfustments is that the muscles are not prepared & relaxed well enough for the adjustment to take place and stay (sometimes causing a little pain or discomfort).  If the muscles are tight at the time of adjustment they will pull the structure back in the same direction of dis-ease that the chiropractor is trying to fix. And forcing the muscles to release can have adverse affects such as pain, swelling, inflammation, etc. The entire body can be helped and return to balance without force.
All forms of medicine can cause you to get worse -- including osteopaths.  Medicine just isn't something we do very well or know much about, but we do make and spend a lot of money doing it.  I had a chiropractor who was excellent at repairing my ribs when I used to do martial arts, but many chiropractors are just too rough, just as many doctors rely too much on medication they know nothing about.  It's a jungle out there where the quality of your practitioner is very important and impossible to judge objectively.  But I would at least go back and see if you need an additional adjustment -- a rib out of place can be put back, I've had it done a couple of times after being hurt in sparring.  But he was a very gentle, very good chiropractor, and most I've seen are worthless.  You do have to find a good one.  Now, an osteopath is no better trained to do adjustments -- they are medical doctors, so they're better trained at treating the flu, but the best at doing an adjustment is just the one who's best, not a particular form of practitioner.