Alternative Therapies Community
THC NOT ADDICTIVE.

WELCOME TO THE ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Biofeedback, Chelation Therapy, Chinese Medicine, Dance-Movement Therapy, Medical Marijuana, Feng Shui, Heliotherapy, Reflexology, Unani, Vitamin Therapy, and Yoga Therapy.

THC NOT ADDICTIVE.

COULD YOU SITE ONE STUDY THAT PROVES THC IS ADDICTIVE? IN MY PHYSCOPHARMACOLOGY CLASS THE RATS DID NOT GET ADDICTED TO IT LIKE ALCOHOL, NICOTINE, OPIATES...ECT...ECT...One can mix thc/Mar in brownies. It doesn't need to be smoked. Hemp also makes excellent paper, cloth, and a thousand other uses. These industries that produce these products have a vested POLITICAL/MONETARY interest in keeping Hemp banned
Tags: 7777777
Who ever said marijuana was addictive?  

There are dozens of different varieties of hemp, most of which are very low in THC. Over 25.000 useful products are made from hemp.
Industrial hemp has been legalized in Canada since a few years ago.

There are multiple variable risk factors in regards to developing an addiction
to marijuana (to make a distinction from hemp) which is predominately
psychological.
Do a search for the following study:
Hall, W., Degenhardt, L. and Lynskey, M. (2001). The Health and Psychological Effects of Cannabis Use. (National Drug Strategy Monograph Series, no. 44). Canberra: Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing (aging).

My opinion.
Anything taken in excess, coffee, chocolate, tobacco, alcohol is very likely detrimental to your health and well-being, Marijuana not excluded.
Some measure of discipline and self control is necessary for living responsibly.
Anybody doing more than a few ounces a week is irresponsible and immature, unless it is prescribed for pain (in Canada it's legal , not sure though about the laws in your state).  
Why depend ( even if it is only a psychological addiction)
on ANY substance to correct ARTIFICIALLY and TEMPORARILY what you, by yourself, cannot.
And If you are a regular user, why not put yourself through the real test and try abstaining from using for a whole month.
I'm not a fanatic anti-weed critic, just a former recreational user and
an unbiased observer today.

Cheers!
Niko

It is always better not to rely on substances to make you feel better; but marijuana is a pleasant distraction from chronic pain.  I don't think there's a medical reason to smoke an ounce per week, though.  It would make me too sleepy.  
The story about marijuana not helping glaucoma is a load of bull.  I will say the same to you as I was thinking then, marijuana does not need to be smoked in order to be delivered into the body, there are healhier ways (ie-edible) that one can use regularly without making one feel dopey as if they had smoked a big spliff, from what I have been told that is.  Missouri Medicine Association *****!  The article about reefer madness is also horrible.  Seriously it seems like it was written from the 1950s.  MMA boo.
I use a marijuana cream to relieve muscle pain. It works beautifully.